PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Cruise from GF/Other Resort

RaRaRoundTheWorld
06-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Has anyone's child participated in the pirate cruise from the GF - or any other resort? My nephew is crazy for Pirates of the Caribbean and I thought I'd book the cruise for his next trip. He'll be 8.

ravsluvdisney
06-18-2007, 08:32 PM
My two sons (7 & 4 at the time) did the cruise from the GF last year and had a great time. My 7 year old is also a huge PofC fan. I say go for it!

mouseaddict
06-18-2007, 08:41 PM
My son went on the pirate cruise from the Beach/Yacht club and had a ball. It was great. they went around the Boardwalk on their "Pirate Ship" and even into Epcot. They made noise and had a ball. Some of the older kids were not as impressed but my son loved it! (he is 5).

RaRaRoundTheWorld
06-18-2007, 09:23 PM
What sort of activities did they do on board?

wdw_bound
06-18-2007, 11:27 PM
DD8 loved it as well.

They boarded the "pirate ship" (pontoon boat) at GF and immediately began practicing their pirate "ARRRRRRRRRRs" and singing pirate songs. They were also issued their pirate bandanas with Mickey ears. They cruised Bay lake and Seven Seas Lagoon with stops at WL and a couple other beaches (DD couldn't remember which ones). They had a treasure map and were on a treasure hunt. At one of the beaches, they dug it up and divvied up the loot (DD brought back a small treasure chest, mardi gras necklaces and assorted loot. They also had lunch on board.

Best $30 I've ever spent at WDW. Make your reservations asap, though. We tried to get her on the cruise in 05 and at 2 months out had no luck. Last year I made the ressie as soon as I booked the trip.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
06-19-2007, 07:10 AM
That sounds like so much fun. Thank you for the tip on booking early. With POC3 just out, I imagine it's probabl pretty popular.
I wish they had something like that for grown-ups, only with Captain Jack as the host : )

tinksmom02
06-19-2007, 09:49 PM
I second the booking early, I tried to book for DD in Sept and the only day they had available was the day after we come home :o( and couldn't convince DH to stay one more night.

mudpuppysmom
06-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Our DS has gone on the Albatross Cruise at Y&BC twice now.....I think if he wants to go again we'll try a different one, but he REALLY enjoyed it this last time. He actually asked to go on it again though, so that is why I said OK. You meet up at the specified point (the marina at Y&BC) pay for the cruise, sign the waiver, get a pager and then wait for the kids to board the boat. Then, you as the parent have about two hours alone!!! The kids are thoroughly entertained and get to search for treasure, the cruise DS went on they encounter another pirate trying to steal their treasure, so they scream at him and chase him through the water. Lunch was PB&J some juice and something else (DS tells me pirates never tell their secrets, so that was all I could get out of him). THEN, just before the CM's hand the kids back over they sugar them up and give them back to the parents........it is a really fun time for the kids and kept mine pumped up for several hours!! He wore his bandana into Epcot and a few CM's shouted ARRRRRRRRG at him and he shouted back, so the fun continued.

I'd send him again on another in a heartbeat -- he has a blast and a break from us as we also get a break from him too, which sometimes is a good idea!!