PDA

View Full Version : First Time Disney Dining Plan Advice!!

jgt
06-18-2007, 06:58 PM
We've been to Disney World numerous times but have never taken advantage of the DDP. A couple of questions that we'd really appreicate feedback on---1)where's the best food for dinner 2)best food for counter service 3)what places are worth spending a 2?? 4)what's the best bang for the buck for snacks? surely not a small bag of popcorn!!

and---can we combine our dinner allocations and get a 2 and then share?

Thanks for helping us newbies!

mudpuppysmom
06-18-2007, 07:20 PM
A few of the best bang for your buck TS places are: LeCellier (a VERY popular place), Kona Cafe, Coral Reef and Chef's de France if you ask me. As for 2TS places worth the 2TS credits.....we think Jiko would be worth more than 2, but that is us. We also have enjoyed and will return to Narcoossee's. This past trip we tried out Artist Point and I was not all that WOW'd by it -- don't get me wrong, it was a really nice place, it just did not grab me like Jiko or Narc's did.

As for CS places.....Tusker House if you can get there before it closes and becomes a TS place is I think the BEST CS place on property! We also frequent Peco's Bills a good bit.

Snacks.......ask CM's at a particular stop which is best and usually they'll tell you which is the best "buy" for your credit. I want to say Rice Krispy bricks are the best buy though (are they still under $4?????).

You are going to really enjoy the DDP!!! I wish SOG could participate in it though!

Nicki'sMom
06-18-2007, 07:49 PM
The dining plan is really great. Try Ohana and Jiko and California GRILL. I didn't like Pecos Bill's but many do. I think Cosmic Ray's is better for cs. As for snacks, we get the Mickey ice cream bars!

AuntDJ
06-18-2007, 08:07 PM
So far, I think LeCellier is the best TS I have had...

As for snacks...we usually by Mickey Bars..but this last trip I learned that you can get pastries in the mornings...like at Starring Rolls (MGM) and it made for a great breakfast w/o spending a CS or TS credit...also the last day we had some snack credits left (I really don't know how that happened) but before we got on the Magical Express I picked up some cookies and grapes from our hotel food court and they made a great airport snack!

DJ

Natazu
06-18-2007, 08:31 PM
1)where's the best food for dinner
Jym's Top-7 Best Dinner Restaurants on the DDP
7. Grand Floridian Café
6. Le Cellier
5. Marrakesh
4. Wolfgang Puck Café
3. Kona Café
2. Narcoossee’s
1. California Grill

2)best food for counter service
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Counter Service
7. The Mara
6. Cosmic Ray’s
5. Tusker House (limited time only)
4. Cantina de San Angel
3. Earl of Sandwich
2. Cookes of Dublin
1. Tangierine Café

3)what places are worth spending a 2??
California Grill
Narcoossee's
Jiko
Citrico's
Flying Fish Café
Artist Point

4)what's the best bang for the buck for snacks?
1.5L Dasani Water (DVC resort gift shops)
Half Gallon TJs Milk (select resort gift shops)
Entenmann's Donut Assortment (select resort gift shops)
Any dessert at Sunshing Seasons (The Land)
Cream Cheese Pretzel (The Lunching Pad)
Frozen Slushes (assorted locations in parks)
Breadsticks (Pizzafari)
Anything that looks good over $3.00

can we combine our dinner allocations and get a 2 and then share?
Yes

LandFan
06-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Well, I was going to reply, but Natazu pretty much summed it up...:D but I'll give it a go anyway...

Best 1TS = Le Cellier and Kona in my opinion.

Best 2TS= not sure yet but wasn't thrilled with Artist Point either (We are trying Jiko and Cali Grill this time).

Best CS= FlameTree BBQ's rib meal, the steak you can get at the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs, Cosmic Ray's 1/2 chicken meal, The meals at the Cantina de San Angel (Mexico)and the meals at the Tangerine Cafe (Morocco) in EPCOT.

Best snacks = The entemen's doughnuts - your whole family can grab a quick breakfast with just a snack credit!

I also agree with the deserts at Sunshine Seasons!

Yum - makes me hungry just thinking about it!:cloud9:

HndrdPrcnt
06-19-2007, 12:06 AM
1)where's the best food for dinner 2)best food for counter service 3)what places are worth spending a 2?? 4)what's the best bang for the buck for snacks?

Ok, so here it is:
1) Best food in whole: O'Hana, Concourse Steakhouse, California Grill, Earl of Sandwich & Marrakesh
2) Tusker House, Earl of Sandwich & Cosmic Rays
3) California Grill!!!!!!
4) We use our snack credits to buy souvenirs at Downtown Disney for friends and family. You can buy packaged cookies with your credits.

angedeaile
06-19-2007, 01:25 AM
I think cali grill has to be worth the 2ts.

When we ate there last year, we spent close to 100 bucks. We decided to try out the DDP, because we sure love to eat. I figure we will definitely get our money's worth there. Not only that, but the atmosphere, service, food and view is amazing! So DDP or not, I would eat there :)