PDA

View Full Version : Florida Residents' Seasonal passes

Eeyore's My Favorite
06-18-2007, 06:57 PM
We're going to WDW in September & I've convinced DH to purchase Florida Res. Seasonal Passes. I have one question - when you have these passes do you still have to pay to park in the lots at the different parks? Someone, somewhere years ago told me you didn't but I thought I'd throw this out there for some comments. Thanks....:mickey:

Elynn :marg:

WDWfanatic742
06-18-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that you don't. I believe it is AP's (which include the seasonal one's) and on-site resort guests that don't have to pay.

mickeysworld
06-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Unfortunately I have found the opposite, I have a Florida Resident Seasonal Pass and parking is NOT included. I called the passholder number to verify this and was told that Seasonal Passes do NOT include parking but for an additional $123 I could upgrade to a regular AP which would include parking and have no block out dates! Parking is $10 per day so as long as you are going 12 or more times, aren't staying on property and must pay for parking, I would suggest upgrading to at least one regular AP (yours could be the regular and your husband could still get the Sesonal to save some money) so that your parking is included. Hope this makes helps and makes sense!

Piglet822
06-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately I have found the opposite, I have a Florida Resident Seasonal Pass and parking is NOT included. I called the passholder number to verify this and was told that Seasonal Passes do NOT include parking but for an additional $123 I could upgrade to a regular AP which would include parking and have no block out dates! Parking is $10 per day so as long as you are going 12 or more times, aren't staying on property and must pay for parking, I would suggest upgrading to at least one regular AP (yours could be the regular and your husband could still get the Sesonal to save some money) so that your parking is included. Hope this makes helps and makes sense!

This is definitely the policy. I went through the same thing when I first purchased my AP and my thinking was exactly what yours is, mickeysworld. I like the fact that parking is already taken care of, especially since it's gone up $3 in the 2 year I've had my pass.

I also like the fact that with the AP I have no blockout dates. With the Seasonal Pass you do. I don't know how far you live from the parks but I'm only a 45 minute ride and we've been known to just hop over for fireworks or something like that so to us, a Florida AP is worth the extra money :)

Eeyore's My Favorite
06-19-2007, 09:03 PM
I don't know how far you live from the parks but I'm only a 45 minute ride and we've been known to just hop over for fireworks or something like that so to us, a Florida AP is worth the extra money :)
Thanks so much everyone for the help. We live about 2 hours from WDW & although I'd love to do 2 or 3 trips a month to WDW we own our own business so it's hard to get away that often. I was just hoping maybe things had changed a bit. We like the seasonal passes as our business is on the beachside :cool: & that's our busiest time of year, so we don't mind the blackout dates.

Elynn :mickey: