PDA

View Full Version : Rose & Crown or Teppanyaki?

SBETigg
06-18-2007, 05:30 PM
This afternoon, I changed one ADR in favor of another. I know I made the right choice for my family, but I'm wondering what most people would do given the information:

Our current ADRs include Biergarten, San Angel Inn(lunch), California Grill, Raglan Road, Sci-Fi Dine In(lunch/snacks), Kona Cafe, Boma, Narcoossee's, and Le Cellier. The ADR in question is for the night directly following our night of dinner at Raglan Road. We could have done Rose & Crown at Illuminations time or Teppanyaki(just opened from renovations). We do have good local hibachi style restaurants, but my kids (DS 16, DD 14) love them. We are seeing Illuminations several other evenings during the trip. So which would you go with: R & C or Teppanyaki?

Natazu
06-18-2007, 05:34 PM
You have excellent adult dining planned and and excellent kids restaurants. For this meal, I'd say pick which ever one the kids like more. I think both restaurants are about the same quality for adults.

snifflesmcg
06-18-2007, 05:35 PM
I've never eaten at R&C but I have eaten at Teppenyaki and we enjoyed it. The Teppenyaki menu had a little bit more in my opinion.

tadshome
06-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Being English i would have to say Rose & Crown :tasty:

Both are very good choices so which ever you choose you will have a great time :thumbsup:

katzctkpt
06-18-2007, 06:59 PM
I would go Japanese all the way!!!!!! We absolutely love that place and the cooks are very good / entertaining....please go and let me know how it is after the renovations.....

murphy1
06-18-2007, 07:12 PM
I would do Teppanyaki, however, I am really partial to the Bass they have at R&C and your kids really enjoy that type of place. Plus they will be served by those directly from the REAL places. I'm surprised Jym didn't ding you on Sci Fi :blush:

Natazu
06-18-2007, 08:09 PM
I would do Teppanyaki, however, I am really partial to the Bass they have at R&C and your kids really enjoy that type of place. Plus they will be served by those directly from the REAL places. I'm surprised Jym didn't ding you on Sci Fi :blush:
and I quote: "Sci-Fi Dine In(lunch/snacks)".
The Sci-fi Lunch Only Patrol has never expressed dissatifaction with persons wishing to have a lite lunch or snacks at Sci-Fi to relax and soak up atmosphere.

Maleficent's Dad
06-18-2007, 08:12 PM
I like the suggestion of letting your children decide - have them glance the menu for both places.

For us:
Food: Teppanyaki wins hands down (and we live within 5 miles of 4 very good Hibachi Grills).

Atmosphere: R&C wins hands down. Both for service and general jovial atmosphere, we love the R&C. The R&C has some of the best service in EPCOT IMHO.

SBETigg
06-18-2007, 10:04 PM
I should have added that my husband and I have eaten at both but the kids haven't tried either one. I ended up cancelling R & C in favor of Teppanyaki. Our original plan was to go to Teppanyaki, but the renovation was going to go longer and took it off our schedule. Once the refurb dates were changed again, it opened up for us so we had to choose.

My son and I were torn between the two. My daughter and husband wanted Teppanyaki. Plus, we are doing Raglan Road the night before so it seemed like Teppanyaki was the more unique choice and that's why we opted for it in the end. Also, I want to see what's new at Teppanyaki after they reopen. And yes, the Sci-Fi is also to please the teens. We're doing it oop and eating light just for the experience.

RAIDER
06-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Both are very good but if you want a meal where you want to relax then go for the R&C if you want something very different menu wise but more interactive with other guests then Teppanyaki is the place ...:thumbsup:

MouseHouser
06-20-2007, 06:27 AM
We find dinner at R&C to be a fun package. We start with the British Invasion, then have a beer in the R&C pub, followed by tasty fish & chips served by a waitress with a British accent, and capped off by IllumiNations viewed from the table.

But I guess it depends on what your people are into.

LarryBoy
06-20-2007, 10:33 AM
When does Teppenyaki reopen?

wilshade
06-20-2007, 10:59 AM
R&C and Teppanyaki are more alike than they are different. Aside from the cusine, that is.

But, for meeting people and for a relaxed and happy dining experience, both are among the best in WDW.

Crow
06-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Im doing Teppanyaki in Sept since it will b newly reopened. ive only done it once before but i love Japanese
R&C good for :beer: food ok. used to b better i think.
i didnt dine at either this recent trip (well T was closed, i did peek in to see the building ripped up)
and i had :beer: in R&C bar.
go w what the kids want, as long as you do some for you also
you seem to have a good selection

Bethanymouse
06-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Definately Teppanyaki!

Pocahontas
06-21-2007, 10:01 AM
We have never been to the R & C, but we go to Teppanyaki every visit to DW. It's a fun atmosphere and the food is wonderful!

AllDisney
06-21-2007, 05:40 PM
I'd let the kids decide. I think it would be a VERY grown-up thing for them to do:mickey:

nel
06-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Teppanyaki...It is more healthy, more tasty, interesting, and the whole family will enjoy it.:thumbsup: