CAST:
Me - Goofy
DW - Minnie
DS 13 - Han Solo
DS 8 - Young Indiana Jones

Where - Dolphin

When - June 9 - 16

Preface

Eash of us began this trip with great dreams and wishes, impossible for any one person to fulfill or grant. Me, i dreamed to meet the Dream Team and wished to visit all 4 parks on a single day. Minnie also wished to meet the Dream Team. Solo wished to ride all the big roller coasters twice, but also had a secret dream. And last but not least, Young Indy wished to meet Daniel Logan to have his Boba Fett book signed, and dreamed of attending Jedi Training Academy.
Big Dreams? Yes! Could i fulfill these dreams? No! But this is Walt Disney World - where dreams come true. So we would not be disappointed.

Saturday 6/9/07
We drive to Memphis International for our Northwest Flight 960 non-stop to Orlando. Nice plane. Nice flight. We arrive at MCO 10 minutes early, around 5:00 p.m. As we are walking toward baggage claim Indy screams "My Book!" He has left his book about Boba Fett on the plane. The one he wants Daniel Logan "young Bobba Fett" to autograph during Star Wars Weekends at MGM. So i race back to the gate, show my boarding pass and i.d. and wait. I know that i HAVE TO GET THAT BOOK, or young Indy will be disappointed, not only for this week, but for the lost opportunity. Just a few moments pass and i am let back on the plane to retrieve the book. Whew! Now that we have averted our first disaster, things get better. A lot better.

Since Minnie is a teacher, we decided to stay at the Dolphin since they offer a teacher rate. But that means no Magical Express. No worries. With some of the money we saved i booked a Mears Towncar. Rick, our driver, was waiting at baggage claim. He was great. Kept us entertained while we got our bags and told funny stories about celebs on our drive. He had a particularly funny tale about USC's Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart getting lost at the airport. The punchline had Reggie saying "Hey, Matt is the quarterback, i was following him." Well...... it was funny in the car.

We arrive at the Dolphin before 6, check in, unpack, and head to MGM for Hyperspace Hoopla. We get to the SWW stage with 5 minutes to spare. I really wanted to see this show, and start our WDW trip with a SWW celebration. It did not disappoint. After all the characters started dancing i found myself grinning so hard my face began to hurt. No kidding. Boy was that a good feeling. I even got a little emotional. My first of many "Disney Moments" for the week. We get over to Jabba's Hut for my 2007 SWW pin, then see the Muppets, Star Tours, and Rockin Roller Coaster. Minnie was proud to ride RnRC for the first time, but said that was also her last. Young Indy liked it too, but only if i was in the adjacent seat. After that we line up for the 10:30 Fantasmic show. Wow! I really enjoy this show. It is my #1 pick for evening entertainment. Yeh, i know, Illuminations is awesome, and Wishes is magical. But hey, at Fantasmic you get all that AND a seat.

After Fantasmic, we stroll to the Friendship boat going to the Dolphin, have a snack at Pikaboo (there is a reason they call it that) and get to bed just after midnight. As i go to sleep i feel very satisfied after a great arrival day.

Christine
06-18-2007, 05:35 PM
OOOoooo, I like how this is starting out! Can't wait to hear more!

pdrlkr
06-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethanymouse
06-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Good thing you got that book! It sounds like you are off to a great start! Thanks so much for sharing, I cant wait to read more!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
06-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Wow, what a great first day! So glad you got the book back. I love those special Disney moments. Thanks for the report.

Lizzie
06-19-2007, 01:16 AM
Sounds like a great start. Glad you got your son's book off the plane.

DisneyorBust
06-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Fantastic first day! Averting disaster and having a great evening in Disney Studios!:thumbsup:

faline
06-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Whew! I'm glad you were able to retrieve the wayward book!

What a great start to your trip! You didn't waste any time getting right into your trip!

Pocahontas
06-19-2007, 05:19 PM
What a great dad to go back and get the book for your son.:thumbsup:

Your trip is starting out with a bang and I'm looking forward to reading more.

January-2007
06-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the trip report!

BronxTigger
06-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the report! What a great start; I can't wait to read more!

princessgirls
06-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Great first day!!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

pogo
06-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Very good first day.:thumbsup: You did a lot in a couple of hours at DS.:mickey:

Going to read more. :D

T-Belle
06-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Loved reading about your first day. Tell Minnie that I will be trying RnR for the first time next trip. I promised my DD at least one time.
Off to read more of your reports!!

Bethis26fan
06-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Sounds like a great start to your trip.

sleepingbooty
06-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I knew there was a reason I liked Fantasmic the best - maybe it is the seat!

wilshade
06-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the trip report! Looking forward to reading the rest of them.

I might just have to try going down on a Star Wars Weekend now. :)

#1disneyfan
06-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Sounds like your trip is off to a "magical" start!

DizNee143
06-28-2007, 11:59 AM
sounds like a good travel day and night at MGM!!
im so glad you were able to get the book off the plane!!
cant wait to read about the rest of the vacation!! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
07-03-2007, 12:47 AM
Sounds good so far. Glad you found the book;) I agree, Fantasmic is great and a seat:thumbsup:Thanks for sharing:mickey:

ElenitaB
07-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Only a dedicated parent would run back to the plane to get a book left behind. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a great day altogether... moving on to read more!