PDA

View Full Version : Parks Bag Search Observation

ariel03
06-18-2007, 04:53 PM
I was wonering if anyone else noticed that at all the parks when you go through bag check it is a quick check not even having to open every zipper but when you get to Epcot it is a full please empty your bag kinda search. I have experienced this everytime we have gone to WDW. Epcot seems to be more tough in how they check your bags out. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

disneycouple2004
06-18-2007, 05:34 PM
I Agree..haven't really thought about it alot..however Epcot has alot of technology, and other things on display, maybe they are trying to protect somethings we don't know about.?
And maybe i am wrong about this one ...but is Epcot the only park where you can purchase alcohol without going into and dining inside ? I have seen alot of people just walking around with a drink in their hands all the time..:beer::marg:...and maybe its just a fluke..but after several trips Epcot is the only park i have ever seen folks arrested inside the park..:mad:...how embarssing that was for the kiddo's.....It will be intersting to see what everyone else thinks...:secret:..excellent question !!:D

kakn7294
06-18-2007, 05:48 PM
I have never noticed a difference in the security check from park to park, but my DD's and I always have our bags open and ready for inspection by the time we reach the station.

garymacd
06-19-2007, 01:56 PM
The main difference I have noticed is not park-specific, but person-specific. I have seen one security guard at one table check everything, but the guard at the next table just performs a quick cursory glance.

DNS
06-19-2007, 02:16 PM
We always have everything open and ready to go too, so I've never noticed, but I'm going to watch next time. I kind of always thought, just glancing around, that maybe the person doing the inspecting is the key to how thoroughly they check.

thrillme
06-19-2007, 02:44 PM
I haven't noticed specifically EPCOT verses the other parks but sometimes whichever park I'm in it depends on the security guard. I've been at MK before and I've had to open all zippers in my fanny pack and even take out my camera case and open it it and show the camera and the tiny little pouch in front of it that held my SD memory card.

I think it's all up to the security guard. How thoroughly they want to check. I guess maybe I just looked suspcicious :cool:

BrerSchultzy
06-19-2007, 03:24 PM
I
And maybe i am wrong about this one ...but is Epcot the only park where you can purchase alcohol without going into and dining inside ?

No...you can do that at DMGM and AK too.

I never noticed a difference in the security checkpoints, but let's say there is, just for rampant speculation. So, if there is a difference, maybe it's because so many different nationalities are represented by World Showcase, and many of those paviliions are sponsored directly by that country's embassy.

YAY RAMPANT SPECULATION! :joy:

PirateLover
06-19-2007, 04:12 PM
In may, out of about 5 visits to MK I only had 1 thorough check. After that, the only other thorough check was indeed at Epcot.

DisneyFreak23
06-19-2007, 05:30 PM
I will have to watch next time we go to see how through the searches are within different parks and between different security personell. Also, if one security person is just glancing over bags, wouldnt it be better to be in that bag check line instead of in one where the personell does a complete search?:secret::D;)

huzzah4
06-19-2007, 06:26 PM
I have always seen it as more person specific than park specific. Last time I got the worst one yet. My wife and I split to go in separate lines entering Animal Kingdom since it seemed a little quicker, and I saw a line with only a couple of people in it, I was about to find out why. She just breezed through with only a cursory glance into her purse. The guard in front of me, however, was not quite as quick. He was stopping everyone and making them pull out the entire contents of their bags. He even went so far as to make people turn on and test every electronic device to ensure that they powered on and actually functioned. I had to take a picture with my camera, enter information on my Palm, and even make a phone call on my cell. There were only 2 people in front of me and it took almost 10 minutes to get through the line. I think it was just a little ridiculous to make sure that cameras could actually take a picture and phones could actually make a call.