PDA

View Full Version : "Float" Design for our 4th of July Parade

Dakota Rose
06-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi there,

We're going to participate in our 4th of July parade here in town and I need some help.

The parade theme is "Commitment to Community" and our "float" has to be decorated accordingly.

Our 'float' is actually our red Chevy Blazer pulling a small (5 ft x 7 ft) flatbed trailer. We're also going to pass out some promotional materials for our business, tile installation.

Any ideas? I have NO clue how to represent "commitment to community" in a simple but creative way on our trailer.

Tick-Tock
06-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Maybe celebrate volunteerism? Is there someone in your community well-known for putting in a lot of volunteer hours for a local group? Have one or more super-volunteers ride the trailer, make signs trumpeting the number of hours they've volunteered, things they've done, equivalent amount of money the organization saved because of the volunteer work, etc., and decorate with patriotic bunting, stars, and similar stuff.

maizey05
06-19-2007, 05:49 PM
The only thing I can think of would be this;
Assemble maybe 3 "houses" or "businesses" out of thin plywood. Make them really simple (make a box and put 2 boards on top, to form a roof). Paint them and maybe paint windows, doors, business names, whatever you wish. You might want to use astroturf as grass also. Make a big sign to put on either the vehicle or float itself that says "commitment to community". Enlist some cute kids, to dress festively and sit on the float. This is just a starting point for ya', hope it helps.

Dakota Rose
06-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the ideas...that should get my 'juices' flowing. I think the theme is kinda lame, myself. Too hard to depict.