PDA

View Full Version : Walk from Contemporary to MK -- How Far?

Hoboken_NY
06-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Can anyone advise on how long the walk from the Contemporary marina dock to the MK is?

Thanks in advance,
Mike P.

wilcat
06-18-2007, 03:52 PM
A good estimate would be 5-10 mins. :walk:It depends on what pace you set. Last time I did it in 8 mins. It is a very nice walk and not crowded.

ResQRanger82
06-18-2007, 03:56 PM
I would say about ten minutes. If memory serves me, you walk through Contemporary past the front desk and then past their bus stop. It is a pleasant walk and right along the monorail tracks which is a nice added bit of Disney magic!

Ruprect
06-19-2007, 07:48 AM
We plan on walking this path when we go in September after our ADR for Chef Mickey. With the construction on that side of the Contemporary does anyone know if the path is obstructed at all.

I remember walking that path many times as a kid when we'd stay at CR and would like to take my family on it this year.

faline
06-19-2007, 10:21 AM
We did the walk a few weeks ago and were not impeded by the construction.

dizne4me
06-19-2007, 10:36 AM
You know, that walk is one of the nice "little things" to do at WDW. My DD and DS did the walk about 2 years ago and I enjoyed it very much....my DS (9 at the time) was in a hurry to get to the park -- so he complained about the walk..but the monorail over head was a nice distraction for him. I enjoyed reading the names on the bricks as well.

mulderxcoltrane
06-19-2007, 11:40 AM
We have an 8:00 ADR at Chef Mickeys and are coming from ASMovies. Is it quicker to walk to the Contemporary from the MK or to take the monorail?

Beast_fanatic
06-19-2007, 10:09 PM
We have an 8:00 ADR at Chef Mickeys and are coming from ASMovies. Is it quicker to walk to the Contemporary from the MK or to take the monorail?

It's quicker to walk.

faline
06-20-2007, 05:36 AM
There is some ongoing construction at the Magic Kingdom bus stops. In the past, we've been able to cut across the road to get to the sidewalk without having to walk all the way around. Right now, walking all the way around from the bus stop to the sidewalk area might be the only option.

January-2007
06-20-2007, 08:58 AM
We have never walked from the Comtemporary to the Magic Kingdom. Do you have to cross any roads? Is there a cross walk if you do?

faline
06-20-2007, 09:01 AM
From the Contemporary, you walk across the Contemporary parking lot. There is one road you will need to cross and it definitely has a crosswalk. The rest of the was is a sidewalk right to the gate. Generally, the walkway mirrors the path taken by the monorail.