PDA

View Full Version : Swan or Dolphin

jefftm
06-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Which one do you prefer for a family of 5 and why? My kids are 13,11 & 8. Thanks.

Dyanna
06-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Hello fellow LI'er!

Considering I have only stayed at the Dolphin I would have to go with this one. I beleive that it also has more restaurants & we loved the pools!

anneb
06-20-2007, 01:19 PM
I like both hotels, but I also prefer the Dolphin, because it has more and better restaurants, more interesting architecture, more shops, and a nice lobby, with a piano player at night. The Swan is a much quieter and more sedate hotel. However, if you are going to try to all fit in one room, you may prefer the Swan. The Swan's rooms seem a little bit larger (they have 2 queen bed instead of 2 doubles at the Dolphin), but more importantly, the bath is bigger, and you have two sinks, one in the bathroom and one in the dressing area. If you choose the Swan, you can still use the same pools as the Dolphin, and you can eat at the Dolphin and charge things to your room.

crazypoohbear
06-20-2007, 11:11 PM
The Dolphin has picabo the 24 hour buffeteria. Always good for growing kids.:thumbsup:
It's also a closer walk to the grotto pool

DisneyDudet
06-21-2007, 09:48 AM
We've stayed at the Dolphin and really enjoyed it. When we were choosing which one to go with this time, we opted for the Swan because of the bigger beds, extra sink, and completely non smoking. Plus, its a little bit closer to the walkway that connects to Epcot and MGM.

Plus we just wanted to try a new hotel!

Rica
06-25-2007, 12:42 AM
We are staying at the Swan this upcoming December. We chose the Swan because they have queen beds and the Dolphin has double beds. Plus, since it is right next to the Dolphin we can take advantage of the perks at both places. :number1:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-25-2007, 06:43 PM
The Swan does have the bigger beds and it is definitely a quieter hotel. You can use the facilities at both hotels when you stay at one or the other. You can walk over to Picabu, the 24 hour convenient store/snack bar/ restaurant in just a couple of minutes.
We've stayed 5 in a room at the Dolphin and it was a little tight but not bad. We had a blow up bed that one of the kids slept on and we just propped that against the wall during the day.
And the bathroom/shower has the sink with a mirror outside so you can still wash/brush/style while someone else showers or whatever.
So either hotel would be fine for your needs. Love the Heavenly beds!