PDA

View Full Version : NYC Intercot Meet - July 28?

ElenitaB
06-18-2007, 10:53 AM
I was going to start this thread with something really corny like "Intercot takes a bite of the Big Apple" but thought that you all would throw rotten tomatoes my way!

Anyway, we're constantly trying to set up a meet and never quite seem to make it happen. I'd like to suggest Saturday, July 28, or Sunday, July 29, for an Intercot meet. We could have lunch somewhere nearby or even meet for a picnic in Central or Bryant Park, and then maybe visit the World of Disney store. (I'm suggesting these dates because they fit into my chemo schedule well.)

What do you say? Do you think we can finally pull it off? :D

Jared
06-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I'll be there. Just tell me when.

Beach Club Babe
06-18-2007, 11:56 AM
I would love to, but am unsure because Ashleigh is unsure if she wants to compete in the Keystone State Games this year. She's done it the past 2 years, but last time was not a great experience. She has to make up her mind soon, so I'll get back to you ASAP!

MinnieMommie
06-18-2007, 06:26 PM
This sounds like something I would enjoy doing and might very well be able to do. Keep me posted and thanks for the great idea! :mickey:

BronxTigger
06-18-2007, 06:44 PM
I'll be there! The day is good, too. :thumbsup:

Jared
06-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Now is a good time to bump this thread to the top of the forum.

MinnieMommie
06-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Now is a good time to bump this thread to the top of the forum.

OK Jared - I will be there. Saturday the 28th yes? Someone said something about the Intercot site might be going down for a while in July? Is there a way we will be able to keep updated about the meet if that happens? I am amenable to whatever Ellen and the group decide to do. My real priority is ensuring I get a chance to visit the Disney store. :mickey:

grego77
06-24-2007, 08:56 AM
As I mentioned previously to Jared, I will be in CA the 24th-31st...but would love to attend a future NY event.

Have a great time! :mickey:

BronxTigger
06-24-2007, 09:06 AM
I think Central Park would be a great place for the meet. We would have plenty of room, we could each bring our own food, and we could be as loud as we want! Also, it's not far from the Disney Store, so people who drive will not have to move their cars.

However, the only problem is if the weather is uncooperative. If it is 120 degrees with 100% humidity or if it is Hurricane Zelda, it would be good to have a backup indoor site. Something like the food court at Manhattan Mall or a large McDonald's. Just some thoughts.

Here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=98619&page=11) is the spot where JohnY is talking about the server update.

Jared
06-24-2007, 09:42 AM
OK Jared - I will be there. Saturday the 28th yes? Someone said something about the Intercot site might be going down for a while in July? Is there a way we will be able to keep updated about the meet if that happens? I am amenable to whatever Ellen and the group decide to do. My real priority is ensuring I get a chance to visit the Disney store. :mickey:
The site will not be down for an entire month. When John updates the server, the boards will be off-line perhaps for a few days.

I'll talk to Ellen this week, but we'll meet either Saturday, July 28 or Sunday, July 29 in the afternoon.

We always start at the World of Disney store and usually move to have lunch. Ellen and I will keep everyone posted.

Epc0tphr34k
06-24-2007, 10:24 AM
right now the plan is to be there, Jared. I may wind up bringing my dad. The only thing that would really stop me from coming is some family event or other event i promised my dad i would attend that i am spacing out on. i should know within the next week or 2 tho

Jared
06-24-2007, 10:54 AM
right now the plan is to be there, Jared. I may wind up bringing my dad. The only thing that would really stop me from coming is some family event or other event i promised my dad i would attend that i am spacing out on. i should know within the next week or 2 tho
Sounds good. I'll keep my eye on the thread. Hope to see you again and meet your father.

Alligirl
06-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Hello Kids,
I would love to get the chance to meet you all! Either date seems to work for me. I hope that we can pull this off! Thanks for putting it together Ellen & Jared.
~Allison:mickey:

TikiGoddess
06-25-2007, 04:22 PM
I might be able to come but will have to discuss it with the DH. What time of day are we looking at?

TikiG

Jared
06-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Regardless of the day, we'll probably meet sometime in the afternoon.

JPL
06-26-2007, 09:59 AM
It's too early to say a definitive yes or no on this one :blush: I will pencil it in and see what happens.

ImagiAsh
06-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey everyone! Boy, when was that Intercot meet at Bubba Gump's? That was the last one I was at. I have to figure out my work schedule, and I'll be sure to get back to you when I do. It'll be great seeing you again if I can make it!:mickey:

Epc0tphr34k
07-03-2007, 09:29 AM
looks like i am gonna have to miss out on this one. The transmission in my car just went Kaputsky, and i can't afford a trip to the city right now(hopefully it doesn't eat my disney trip in the process). I was really looking forward to it, but i will have to wait til either the next NYC meet or the next NE meet to see everyone again.

Jared
07-08-2007, 08:13 PM
This meet is coming fast, so it's time to start thinking about a final plan. Post any suggestions in the thread soon.

Thanks!

MinnieMommie
07-09-2007, 05:38 AM
Did we end up confirming the day (Saturday or Sunday) and time? I'm pretty flexible about when and where but would just like to fit in a trip to the Disney store. :mickey:

Dznygrl79
07-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Hey I would love to come get more details and I will be there< actualy I will be there for the Del Close Marathon anyway.

JPL
07-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Waiting for more Info :whistle::wait:

Jared
07-09-2007, 11:54 AM
I just spoke to Ellen. Let's meet at the World of Disney at 12:30 before having lunch at a restaurant. Ellen and I will make some suggestions.

Does anyone care which day we have this event? I am available on Saturday and Sunday. We will just go with the plurality.

MinnieMommie
07-09-2007, 06:45 PM
I just spoke to Ellen. Let's meet at the World of Disney at 12:30 before having lunch at a restaurant. Ellen and I will make some suggestions.

Does anyone care which day we have this event? I am available on Saturday and Sunday. We will just go with the plurality.

DH and I will come either day but Saturday is better. :mickey:

BronxTigger
07-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Saturday (July 28) is better for me than Sunday. I can't wait!

What restaurant are you considering? And how would we get there from the WOD? The train?

Dznygrl79
07-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Either day is fine but I need to know asap so I can take off work DH is al about coming up also! WOD is a great meeting place! I will bring pins to trade if anyone else would like too trade!

ImagiAsh
07-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Hi everyone! I know I said I'd get back to you if I could/couldn't make it. Unfortunately, I can't make it. I have plans that I've already RSVPed to and can't turn down. I really hope you have a great time!!:mickey:

Jared
07-16-2007, 08:46 AM
It seems like more people want to meet Saturday, so maybe that's the day we should shoot for. I'll talk to Ellen today and try to hammer out the details.

TikiGoddess
07-16-2007, 09:11 AM
I will not be able to make it... my DH is going away for the entire weekend and I have to watch the kids. But hopefully I'll see some of you in October!

We'll have to plan another meet maybe sometime in January, when all the holiday madness is past...

TikiG

TheSorcererofFantasia
07-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Waiting for more Info :whistle::wait:

Me too ;) Looks like I will be free that weekend and will be taking a three hour drive south for the day! Of course I will need to fit in a trip to Chelsea Market for stock :D

Jeff are you actually going to make it to one of our NYC meets? :blush:

MinnieMommie
07-18-2007, 08:11 PM
I will not be able to make it... my DH is going away for the entire weekend and I have to watch the kids. But hopefully I'll see some of you in October!

We'll have to plan another meet maybe sometime in January, when all the holiday madness is past...

TikiG

I am sorry you can't come. We will miss you! I am happy you plan to organize another CT meet. We had so much fun. DH and I will be in Orlando the week of January 13th so if at all possible please do not schedule it then. :mickey: PS I'm still on the fence about The October meet.

Jared
07-19-2007, 09:00 AM
We should meet Saturday. I will talk to Ellen this weekend, but more people want Saturday.

Here is a list of who is coming:

Disney_nut (Jared)
ElenitaB (Ellen)
TheSorcererOfFantasia (Cher)
Alligirl
BronxTigger
MinnieMommy
JPL(?)
Alligirl
kbarletta

I will send out a large e-mail or Private Message soon.

JPL
07-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Jeff are you actually going to make it to one of our NYC meets? :blush:

Going to try for this one depends on the actual time and if I have to watch my Nieces on Saturday. And no I am not dragging 2 two year olds to the city with me.

ElenitaB
07-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Going to try for this one depends on the actual time and if I have to watch my Nieces on Saturday. And no I am not dragging 2 two year olds to the city with me.
Oh ye of little adventure! ;)

Hope you can cross the river and make it over on Saturday!

Jared
07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
We are set for Saturday at 12:30 p.m. Meet just inside the doors on the left at World of Disney. Ellen will send around a Private Message with details and our cell phone numbers.

BronxTigger
07-23-2007, 07:18 PM
I can't wait!

I almost had to miss this...my friend almost needed to fly me out to Wyoming this upcoming weekend, but she found somebody else who could help her (and who she didn't need to fly in from New York!)

MinnieMommie
07-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Look forward to seeing you all Saturday. :mickey:

TikiGoddess
07-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Aha! Add me to the list! My husband has decided that he will not be going out of town this weekend, so I can come!

Can't wait to meet everyone! Where are we going for lunch?

Kathy

Jared
07-23-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Kathy. We're going to have a great time.

OhGee
07-25-2007, 11:35 PM
I would love to join you all this Saturday. I will know for sure by Friday If I can attend. :)

Jared
07-26-2007, 07:32 AM
Grace, check your Private Messages. I sent you the details.

MinnieMommie
07-26-2007, 10:21 PM
I am nearing a deadline for something I am behind on and need to work on it this weekend. I am sorry I will have to miss this one. I look forward to meeting with you all another time. :(

BronxTigger
07-26-2007, 10:25 PM
I am nearing a deadline for something I am behind on and need to work on it this weekend. I am sorry I will have to miss this one. I look forward to meeting with you all another time. :(

Awwww man. I was looking forward to seeing you again. :(

If you want to come down sometime to go to the Disney Store, let me know. I'll go with you!

Hammer
07-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Oooh, is it too late to add me to the list? I never remember to look in here! I can make a meet on Saturday. I would bring my sister, but she is leaving on a business trip to Atlanta the next day. Let me know if you have room for me!

Jared
07-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Since someone dropped out, I'm sure we can squeeze you in. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Christine!

MinnieMommie
07-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Awwww man. I was looking forward to seeing you again. :(

If you want to come down sometime to go to the Disney Store, let me know. I'll go with you!

I was looking forward to seeing you again too and all the cool people we met at Rainforest as well as Ellen and other intercottees I have yet to meet.

I have taken on a bunch of special projects that are converging into a series of deadlines. I am supposed to be in the city in August ,
(17,18,19). Will you be at DW then or back teaching? I will pm you and see if we can meet then. :mickey:

TikiGoddess
07-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Awww, MinnieMommie, we will miss you!!

As for everyone else, see you soon!

TikiG

BronxTigger
07-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Yay! It's TOMORROW!!

:number1:

alpro2
07-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Hope you all have room for two more! :blush:

JPL
07-27-2007, 09:52 PM
I regret to inform you but I will not be able to make it tomorrow :(

ElenitaB
07-28-2007, 02:06 AM
We'll miss you, Jeff!

There's always room for more! Hope that others will join in the fun!

BronxTigger
07-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Hi everybody! I had a great time today meeting all of you! I hope we meet again at some point!

TikiGoddess
07-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for letting me join the party! It was great meeting everyone and hearing some great stories (that I will not repeat, I promise!).

After I left the meet, I went over to Grand Central to catch my train home. I got in one of the middle train cars only to realize about 20 minutes later that there was NO air conditioning whatsoever. I swear it was 90 degrees in that car. By the time I got to Stamford I was officially cooked!

Anyway, I'm home now. Hubby survived a day with our little ones. Let's try and get a meet going in six months or so -- and I should see some of you in October! (Ellen, if you need any help organizing things in Oct let me know, I'd be glad to help)

Kathy

ElenitaB
07-29-2007, 01:18 PM
It was so great seeing all of you tomorrow, making new friends and seeing old ones as well. Even though I was tired by the time I got home (Ben and I ran some pre-school errands when we got back to Brooklyn), I was still smiling!

I'm looking for the cable to transfer the picture to the computer and I'll post it.

We should take Jared up on his offer to start planning our mid-winter meet! :thumbsup:

In the meantime, I'll be looking forward to seeing people in October!

alpro2
07-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Great to see you all. Glad we did not have today's weather yesterday (does that make sense? ;)).

prprincess
07-31-2007, 03:31 PM
So how'd it go? Anyone have a meet "report" posted? Or pics?

Unfortunately I was unable to attend. I've been home with my brand new baby boy for 3 months, so I just recently started frequenting the boards again from work...I didn't see the post until the day before!!

ElenitaB
08-10-2007, 01:07 PM
As promised, here's a picture of our crew. If you want to see it bigger, here's a link to it (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2493193310091682051nfZdlu) as well.

From left to right in the back row: Hammer, TikiGoddess, BronxTigger, ILoveDVC (might not be right on this screenname so forgive me), two friends, Alpro2
Front, from left to right: ElenitaB, Riri529, SorcererOfFantasy, Disney_nut

BronxTigger
08-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks!

disneydrmr
08-10-2007, 01:44 PM
What a good looking bunch! Maybe someday I'll meet some of you! Glad to hear you all had fun!