PDA

View Full Version : Question for you all

Karlos
06-18-2007, 06:12 AM
Hi I am looking to book are next trip. But I have a question were is the best resort to stay at for jogging as I would like to stay in some sort of shape over the two weeks:scale: we stay in WDW. I know some resorts have paths for this but which one is nicest to run? And dose anyone know how long they are? :walk:

DizneyRox
06-18-2007, 08:05 AM
There is a nice loop around the Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach club area. It's probably the most scenic that I recall.

There is a walking trail between WL and Fort Wilderness as well which isn't so bad.

I wouldn't say the walkway between Poly and the Grand is much of a running path, but it does exist. It doesn't go all the way around, and I don't think you can get to the Contemporary from the Poly that way either.

I'm sure you can make do at other resorts as well, but the above would be my choice if it's really important. There's always the health clubs too.

Tinkerfreak
06-18-2007, 08:56 AM
We stayed at the BC and DH loved to run around the Boarwalk in the morning. He said it was so peaceful.

ibrowse17
06-18-2007, 08:58 AM
The trail from WL to Ft. Wilderness would be perfect for that:thumbsup:

Twinsowner
06-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Carribean Beach has a nice trail all the way around the lake and the beaches!!

disneycouple2004
06-18-2007, 09:13 AM
SSR has miles of wide paths..we seen alot of people jogging and riding the bikes etc..:thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
06-18-2007, 07:18 PM
If you google "disney running" you'll come up with some good sites (especially the first one to come up). There are running maps available for some of the resorts.

TikiG

DestinationWDW
06-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Coronado Springs is also very scenic goin' round the lake!

Maleficent's Dad
06-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Best resort for running is the BW/BC/YC area - very peaceful, serene, and picturesque in the mornings. :walk:

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2007, 11:15 AM
We didn't jog it, but we walked the path arround SSR and then take the path to OKW. It is a quiet path along the golf course. It was a very peacful walk.

cinderellagrl
06-19-2007, 11:16 AM
I love the trail between WL and Ft. Wilderness! It isn't very long, but it is very tranquil, shady, and easy on the feet (most of it is dirt)!

LarryBoy
06-19-2007, 11:47 AM
I think all of the moderate resorts have some really nice trails. They seem to be fairly large resorts that are spread out over a pretty big area with lots of nice landscaping. You can view the resort maps (http://intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/default.asp) right here on Intercot. That will give a good idea of each resort's paths and trails.

TheMartellFamily
06-19-2007, 04:40 PM
I would say the trail between Ft Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge is very good. You can also run through Ft. wilderness thought the loops and many sidewalks thoughout. Each loop is cement and there are over 20 of them. It all depends on if you want to do that kind of running. Ft. Wilderness has the cabins that are not like hotel rooms at all, they are a free standing building and each person has thier own site. It is very much like a small cabin in the woods but very homey. there is the full kitchen and bedroom and living room and seperate bathroom. The wilderness lodge has the hotel rooms set in what would be a yellowstone national park setting. Both are very nice and so is the trails and running availability for them.