PDA

View Full Version : Best Resort for Senior Citizens

thejens
06-17-2007, 09:37 PM
I am planning a trip for senior citizens this November (or maybe March???) Therefore I am in a hurry for advice. Which resort is most senior friendly? We will have some form of our own transportation so we do not have to rely on WDW transportation, but it would be great to be on Monorail simply for ease and to allow folks to do stuff on their own, not always in a group. I'd also love a Deluxe resort so they could simply relax and enjoy the resort if they became tired out from a day of sight seeing. However, costs may require us to choose a moderate or value. Staff would help with luggage etc. but I really want things to be as convenient and wonderful as possible. I'd appreciate any of your opinions of the resorts in terms of convenience, safety, things to do at the resort, and overall senior friendliness. Thanks!

maizey05
06-18-2007, 01:56 AM
I like POFQ. Not a deluxe, but it is small, so it doesn't take any time at all to get to the food court, central hub. The grounds are lovely,and it's on a waterway and has a boat that goes to DTD, for any of those who may wish to dine or shop there.

moe513
06-18-2007, 08:43 AM
POFQ is nicw because its small and nothing is far away. However, there are no elevators so you might need a ground floor. Also, there is only a food court, there is no sit down meal. There is only one bus stop and it goes to pofq before por so it is easy to get a seat. The monorail is great but only takes you to the mk and other resorts , but then you can get off at the ttc and take the epcot monrail.

Checkers
06-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Don't know too much about the moderates except POFQ. It is lovely, however, there are no balconies which I think would be a minus. If you could swing it, I think the Boardwalk would be great. You have the access to the boats as well as the bus. It is close to both MGM & Epcot plus the porches are just fabulous for just sitting and relaxing. IMHO, the monorail resorts are very nice but they do require a lot of walking to board from the parks with an uphill slant at that. My DH who has asthma finds it exhausting to get to the monorail from the parks and the T&T center. Just something to keep in mind. Boarding at the resorts is not a problem, just the return trip. Good luck with your decision!:mickey:

massachusetts
06-18-2007, 10:19 AM
There are elevators at POFQ.

crazypoohbear
06-18-2007, 10:35 AM
POFQ is a good moderate
I think Coronado springs would be good also because it's spread out and you might be better able to get a block of rooms in the same area. there. It's also a "convention resort" so there would most likely be less small kids around. Sometimes seniors don't like having kids "underfoot"
IF money was no object then I say the Grand Floridian would be great :)