PDA

View Full Version : Time from AK to Boma

Cinderelley
06-17-2007, 01:04 PM
We have an ADR at 6pm at Boma. What time do we need to leave AK? I believe that AK has pm emh that night, so hopefully there won't be a mad rush to the buses.

Tinkerbellfan
06-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Hello,

I would be lined up at the bus lines by 5:15pm. The park is relatively close to the resort so most of the time will be waiting for the bus. Worst case senerio is you get to AKL early and you check out the animals at the resort.

merlinmagic4
06-17-2007, 01:50 PM
I think it took us less than 5 minutes to drive there but I am not sure about using the bus as we haven't ever done it that way. It IS very close, though.

LibertyTreeGal
06-18-2007, 05:42 AM
It didn't take long, we did spend more time waiting for the bus than we spent on the trip itself. In addition to the animals, the staff is really cool at AKL -- my little boys had a couple of African "princesses" wrapped around their little fingers (I have wonderful pics of them all together). It was awesome hearing about their countries.

ThanxForNoticin
06-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Once you are on the bus to AKL, it literally is 5-6 minutes to get there. And the bus drops you off near the main lobby where Boma is located. It's all a matter of timing for catching a bus, but I don't think we've ever waited more than 15 minutes. If you are leaving AK by 5:15, you'll have plenty of time to get to Boma before 6:00. I also agree with above posters, though - either before or after dinner, make sure you walk around and enjoy the AKL.

ResQRanger82
06-18-2007, 01:50 PM
I've had mixed experiences getting from AK to AKL for meals - although always worth the effort!!. Usually I've had the most trouble getting to Boma for breakfast, probably because we're trying to do a reverse commute. Dinner is usually much better. As has been said, though, it's always great if you can get to the busses a little early. If nothing else, you can always check-in and then relax at Victoria Falls.

Disney Doll
06-18-2007, 02:19 PM
5:15 is a good time to head to the bus stop. It probably won't take you 45 minutes, but it's best to be safe. You never know how long you may have to wait for a bus.

Cinderelley
06-20-2007, 10:44 AM
5:15 it is then. Thanks for all the advice everyone.