PDA

View Full Version : AAA Rates

Tink's Friend
06-17-2007, 09:18 AM
I've seen the AAA rate discounts discussed on the boards, but I've always mostly ignored them since they didn't apply to me. I just joined AAA this week, though, and now I'm wishing I'd paid more attention. I've read that the discount for Ft. Wilderness room only bookings is generally around 20%--Is that correct?

Does anyone know how far out they release the AAA discounts? I've got reservations for Ft. Wilderness in October, but when I called last night to try and get the discount applied, the agent at WDW reservations told me it wasn't available. She said that she didn't know whether the discount had already been used up (because there are a limited number of booking available at the AAA rate--is this correct?) or whether it hadn't been released yet.

Can anyone help clear this up for me, please?

Thanks, in advance.

Suzanne Q
Bristol, TN

lindique
06-17-2007, 10:07 AM
AAA rates are already out for the entire calendar year, I believe. You might log onto the AAA site and go to "Hotel Reservations" (or something like that). It will show you if AAA rates are available on the nights you select. Just look at the price given - for example, if they offer you $145/night for a moderate in low season - that's full price. The AAA price is $116. You can keep adjusting your dates and hotels until you find one that's available. Then you can either call Disney directly or book through AAA.

Kairi_7378
06-17-2007, 10:56 AM
The best way to get rates from AAA is to either call them directly or fill out an online vacation quote. They will get back to you within 24 hours. There are only a limited amount of rooms available to AAA per resort per period of time.

ibrowse17
06-17-2007, 11:31 AM
We use Majical Journey's and I let Wendy handle it. She applies the best discount, either AAA or AP, for our trip. She does it all, and is quick with her responses:thumbsup:

DebK
06-17-2007, 12:15 PM
2007 AAA rates were released in the summer of 2006, so there is a good chance that the discount wasn't available for October of this year.

wdwfan
06-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Create login for AAA. Then click on hotels and use Lake Buena Vista for your location. This will give you all Disney resorts. It will give you your AAA rate. I'm sure that all the AAA are used us for Oct. your only thing to do at this point is to keep calling early am and see if they've had cancellation or someone has not paid their deposit.

sgdisney
06-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Well, I just learned something. I thought AAA membership would always get you the discount as long as no other discounts were used. Lucikly I just booked 6 night a few days ago for this August at POFQ and had no problems getting the 20% off.

Tink's Friend
06-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Well, I just learned something. I thought AAA membership would always get you the discount as long as no other discounts were used.

I thought the same thing, Sandy. That was the main reason I joined AAA rather than renewing with my old motor club.

Oh, well. Live and learn; AAA will still likely pay for itself in the long run.

Suzanne Q
Bristol, TN

Eeyore's My Favorite
06-17-2007, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=Tink's Friend;1323037]I've seen the AAA rate discounts discussed on the boards, but I've always mostly ignored them since they didn't apply to me.

Thanks so much for starting this thread - I immediately went to the AAA website & started checking around for our trip in September. :thumbsup: Because of the good room rates & then checking on the ticket prices versus a package with park hopper tickets through Disney, I've been able to convince DH to do Florida Residents Seasonal passes once again. So here's a big THANK YOU!!! :high5:

--------------
First trip to WDW the year Magic Kingdom opened :mickey::thumbsup:
Resorts:
September 2007 :cloud9:(Anniversary celebration)
August 2006 - Wyndham Palace - DD
September 2005 - Pop Century
All Star Music
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
Fort Wilderness

Tink's Friend
06-17-2007, 10:12 PM
I've been able to convince DH to do Florida Residents Seasonal passes once again. So here's a big THANK YOU!!! :high5:

You're very welcome! Glad I could help! :yay:

Suzanne Q
Bristol, TN

katzctkpt
06-17-2007, 10:42 PM
This is info that was given to me from a friend. We never did AAA until this yr and it saved us $$. Didn't use AAA before because we'd gotten discount codes that were a better savings.

'AAA and CAA Resort Hotel Discounts
American Automobile Association (AAA) and Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) members qualify for "room only" discounts almost year-round, though there are a limited number of rooms available for each date. You can generally save about 10-20% at the Disney resort hotels, depending on the season.

In general, the discounts run as follows:

During Value Season you can get up to 15% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 20% off at the Value and Moderate resorts and the Ft. Wilderness campsites.

During Regular Season you can usually get up to 10% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 15% off at the Value and Moderate resorts and the Ft. Wilderness campsites.

During Peak Season and Summer Season you can usually get up to 10% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 15% off at the Value and Moderate resorts.

The only time AAA/CAA discounts don't usually apply is Holiday Season (around Christmas) at the Value and Moderate resorts.

You don't have to book AAA/CAA rates through the Auto Club. Room-only reservations with an AAA discount can be booked directly through the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel. Just ask if there is an AAA or CAA discount for your dates and resort.

AAA/CAA rates for all of the following year are usually released in the summer. 2007 AAA/CAA "room only" discounts were released on August 6, 2006."

Hope this will help.

WishesFan13
06-18-2007, 07:33 PM
DH and I have booked all our week long trips with a AAA travel agent and have saved quite a bit of money. They do only have a certain number of room or packages with the AAA discount, but we haven't had a problem getting them. One time we saved money and got a better room because the standard wasn't available. Two years ago they forgot to take off the AAA discount from the package and it made a huge difference in price. We keep renewing just for the disney discounts.

disney100%
06-20-2007, 01:25 PM
We also use Magical Journeys and Melissa got us the AAA discount on our last trip. We ended up saving $30 per night at POR during peak season. Plus, my parents and my brother and sister in law also received the same discount with my AAA card.

LauraF
06-21-2007, 09:43 AM
I wasn't planning on using my club discount because I usually save more using other discounts, but now I'm wondering if I could get Disney to honor it, assuming rooms are still available for the program then. (I know nobody here can give a definitive answer about current room availability.)

Has anyone here had any luck getting Disney to honor another discount after the trip was booked?

Flower
06-21-2007, 10:40 PM
I wasn't planning on using my club discount because I usually save more using other discounts, but now I'm wondering if I could get Disney to honor it, assuming rooms are still available for the program then. (I know nobody here can give a definitive answer about current room availability.)

Has anyone here had any luck getting Disney to honor another discount after the trip was booked?

Up until the late summer codes came out, I had made my ressie using the AAA discount - I had no problem changing the AAA rate to Annual Passholder rates, I have done it in the past and have not had a problem changing discounts PROVIDED DISNEY HAS THE ROOMS AVAILABLE.

The savings between my AAA discount and my AP discount was only $19.80 for 11 nights at POP in Sept/Oct. This being said, the AAA discount is pretty good!

scootch713
06-22-2007, 08:26 AM
I usually just do a AAA room only discount thru disney world. There are limited amounts of rooms though for AAA. We are staying at WL in NOv and I couldn't get a standard view AAA, just a woods view AAA, even though online, it appeared standard view rooms were available.