PDA

View Full Version : Old spiel still on WDW Monoarails!

Monorail_Red
06-17-2007, 07:12 AM
I have recently learned that the old voice of the monorail spiels was not completely replaced.

When Monorail Yellow was the 1st train to be upgraded to the touch screen controls, it was the only to be upgraded while the old voice was being used. There were "extra" spiels recorded such as the boarding call, holding spiel, and several others rarely heard. One of these has to do with the train ahead having technical difficulties. This spiel has not been replaced with the new voice, from what I heard.

With monorails running at 99.9% efficiently, I could understand why they did not replace this spiel. Even if you are "lucky" enough to have the train break down ahead of you, there is still a 50/50 chance that the pilot will run the spiel.

:mickey:

DizneyRox
06-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Yes, I noticed this on my last trip. It was like a pot luck supper riding the monorails, you never knew what you were going to get.

Another way they save money by only changing pars of the spiels, instead of having a continuous experience.

It sounds awful in my opinion....

serstar87
06-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Interesting. I remember noticing that there was a different voice but I can't remember how long ago they changed over. Does anyone know when they starting using a new voice for the spiels?

Monorail_Red
06-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Interesting. I remember noticing that there was a different voice but I can't remember how long ago they changed over. Does anyone know when they starting using a new voice for the spiels?
It happened some time between my late August 2004 and December 2004 trips.