PDA

View Full Version : CP or GFC

snifflesmcg
06-16-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm still having such a hard time deciding on meals. I tried to get ADR for Chef Mickey's but they were all booked up. I also tried to get 1900 Park Fare but they are closed due to refurbishment. They have put a character dining in Grand Floridian Cafe instead while 1900 is closed. Soooooooooo.....here are my options. I have an ADR for both Crystal Palace AND Grand Floridian Cafe. I have been to CP before but never GFC. Which do you like better? I got alot of mixed reviews on GFC and I couldn't find much info on it. Thanks. :)

tinksmom02
06-16-2007, 09:50 PM
The character dining they're putting in the GFC is 1900. From what I understand, they are moving the 1900 meal to GFC, and pre-plating it, instead of it being a buffet. So I think that if you wanted to see the 1900 breakfast characters, you can see them at GFC.

I'm not sure that the reviews regarding GFC will apply during the 1900 rehab, because I think they're temporarily "turning" the GFC into 1900. Does that make any sense?

Course, if anyone has additional/different info, feel free to correct me!

snifflesmcg
06-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Hmm...I wonder if I can find out what that pre-plated meal is. Oh BTW, I'm going there for dinners. Not a big breakfast person.

January-2007
06-16-2007, 10:08 PM
The Grand Floridian Cafe is beautiful. I wish it were open as itself in September instead of as the host of 1900 Park Fare, but what can I do? I don't think anybody will be able to tell you what exactly the pre plated meal is going to be until they start serving it, but it will probably be similar to what was served on the buffet, only more limited obviously. The characters will be there. I can't really give you an opinion of either choice because I've only eaten at the Grand Floridian Cafe when it was itself, I've never been to 1900 Park Fare or the Crystal Palace since it's been a character meal. I don't think you'll be dissapointed either way, it just depends on what characters you want to see, where you want to be (in MK or in GF), and if you want to have the option of a buffet or just the pre plated meal, whatever that might be. Good luck deciding, it's so hard sometimes!!

tinksmom02
06-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Oh BTW, I'm going there for dinners. Not a big breakfast person.

OK, then everything I said except Cindy & friends for dinner. LOL ;)

snifflesmcg
06-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Looks like I'm going to have to wait until the dates get closer and see. Thanks for the info!!

Natazu
06-17-2007, 07:27 AM
I don't have much info on GFC's character meal quality but we've had many, many wonderful meals there as a regular restaurant. I would expect the same quality for the character meal, at least enough to put it well above CP's dinner (sorry Pooh).

snifflesmcg
06-17-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't have much info on GFC's character meal quality but we've had many, many wonderful meals there as a regular restaurant. I would expect the same quality for the character meal, at least enough to put it well above CP's dinner (sorry Pooh).

I'm hoping. I did like CP but I kinda wanted to try something but not be disappointed. I guess they will probably publish a new menu when the restaurant goes down for refirb. I'm also having a hard time finding pics of the restaurant. :(