PDA

View Full Version : POR: Mansion or Alligator Bayou

Lacy
06-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I've stayed at POR many times but it has always been in the Bayou rooms. I am going in Sept with my mom and my sister. I wanted to get opinions on which rooms are better. I'm contemplating requesting a Mansion room for a change.

moe513
06-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Try something new.

Mickeydream
06-16-2007, 07:37 PM
I must admit that it has been many years since we stayed at POR (then Dixie Landings), but we loved the Magnolia Bend area. The decor of the room was wonderful and we just loved the look of the "mansions". We were very sorry to see the name change to its present POR. The name in no way meant anything to us except "Southern living".

The only issue we had was that late one night we wanted to swim and the mosquitoes had been so bad that the small pool near our room was locked with a sign to that effect. For all we know all of the pools might have been closed in all the resorts. Not sure if it had been during the day because we had been at one of the parks, but I'm sure it was necessary for safety purposes. :mickey:

KayDee
06-16-2007, 08:48 PM
HI there
DW and I love the mansion area. We have stayed there twice for about 4 weeks total.We find the mansion area to be peaceful and the buildings themselves are beautiful.
When we are at POR we are amazed at the number of people actually at the resort.This is because we feel like we are alone at our mansion,I figure most people request bayou area(in the bayou rooms you can have 5 people in a room) so it does reason more people will stay on that side.

AwPhooey
06-16-2007, 08:48 PM
On my most recent trip, I stayed in the Alligator Bayou section of POR. Since I haven't stayed in the Magnolia Bend section, I had to vote for AB.

LarryBoy
06-18-2007, 02:32 PM
I am very interested in the results of this poll. We will be staying at POR for the first time as a family in late July. I am trying to decide which section to request. There is just three of us, and my son is six.

Jimenyfan
06-18-2007, 04:55 PM
We stayed in the Mansion section in 04 and did not like it at all, POR after that had become my least favorite moderate. Fast forward to 07 when we booked POFQ and had to be transfered to POR because POFQ had been overbooked, we ended up in Alligator Bayou and I would not hesitate to stay there again. Mansion-never again, Alligator Bayou-Absolutely.

katzctkpt
06-18-2007, 06:44 PM
I LOVE the alligator bayou.....it's so laid back, shady, cooler feeling (on those hot summer days)....that's my story and I'm sticking to it....3 more days and I'll be there again

incredimellos
06-18-2007, 08:41 PM
We have stayed at POR 4 out of the last 5 times. Twice at Alligator Bayou and twice at the mansions. We LOVE the bayou! Way more laid back and great area to walk around, and cute little woodland creatures as my kids say. Last time we were down there (12-05) they put us in the mansions and I was so disappointed, and that was before we even got to the room. The funny thing is we requested the bayou. Next visit (11-07) we are gonna try POFQ. We have heard great things about, and can't wait!!!! We are going bonkers!!! :cloud9:

Pocahontas
06-19-2007, 08:01 AM
I have stayed in both areas of POR and think you can't go wrong either way. If I had to choose, I'd give the edge to the mansion section.

browneyedgirl12
06-19-2007, 08:19 AM
I have never stayed at the mansions but just looking at them with not many trees around or anything I think I would rather stay in the AB.:mickey:

Lacy
06-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Mansion-never again, Alligator Bayou-Absolutely.

Jimeny can you elaborate on what you didn't like about the Mansion area?

Jimenyfan
06-20-2007, 07:59 AM
We stayed in the Mansion's a few years back and found the rooms to be dreary and not very clean. For us the Mansion section just never seemed to come alive the area was just kind of blah. I was incredible disappointed to have to be switched from POFQ to POR this year but the Alligator Bayou section that we were in was perfect. We had a great corner room(2512) and it was so peaceful I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Tynkerbelle
06-20-2007, 12:47 PM
I've stayed at both and definitely prefer the Bayou. I like the more rustic theming, the landscaping . I find it much more appealing.

disney100%
06-20-2007, 01:13 PM
I voted for mansions because I just love Magnolia Terrace. But we have stayed in the bayous and enjoyed those too.

AvonleaCF
06-20-2007, 04:44 PM
After reading through this thread, when I stay at POR in a couple of months, I'm just not going to request anything! Both seem great. And that way, if I ever stay there again, I can just request whatever I don't get the first time.

alliekat
06-21-2007, 09:50 AM
We have stayed on the Magnolia Bend side three times with a fourth coming soon. We absolutely love it. The bulidings are majestic, but understated. As you walk through, especially in the morning, you really feel as if you have been taken back to the mansions of the south. The columns, balconys and gazebos throughout the lush greenery really bring you the chance to reflect on all the wonderful things that are happening right around the corner at the parks and beyond. Have fun wherever you stay!:mickey:

teresa955
06-23-2007, 08:31 PM
We have stayed in both and prefer the Bayou because of the location. Building 14 is much closer to the main building and bus stop than any of the mansion buildings.

Mickey91
06-25-2007, 08:12 AM
We are planning to stay in the Magnolia Bend section. Hopefully, since it is losing the poll, our request will be honored!:mickey:

Flower
06-25-2007, 08:36 AM
We have stayed in the bayou section several times and have always enjoyed it, very relaxing!

Jayhawk
06-26-2007, 04:45 PM
I have stayed at both over the years. Alligator Bayou in my opinion is more remote and peaceful. The only down side is, it is a haul to the dinning area. Try Magnolia Bend. You can't go wrong. Just ask for a building up by the first bridge. Have fun