PDA

View Full Version : Passport/ID Question?

GreenBeetle
06-16-2007, 06:55 PM
My daughter and I applied for our passports a few weeks ago (husband and son already have them). There is no guarantee they will be here in time for our cruise due to the large back-log in processing. No problem, since travel rules have changed yet again. But our Birth Certificates were sent with our application. My 10-year old daughter has no other ID but her birth certificate. Will she be able to board the ship - or even our flight to Orlando without it?? :confused:

WishingStar2006
06-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Perhaps you have time to get a certified copy of your daughter's birth certificate? As long as it has an official seal, they will accept it. That may be quicker than the passport and the worst that happens is that you have two copies, in case one ever gets lost.

Good luck and have fun!

TammiMcMan
06-17-2007, 09:52 AM
I would go ahead and order another set of birth certificates. You don't need the "long" form, it can just be the certified card. If it's not convenient for you to get to the town/city where you or she were born, you can go online to the Vitalchek website and place an order there.

Passports are taking up to 14 weeks at the moment to process. If you aren't going to have it in time, I'm pretty sure that you at least need the birth certificate and receipt showing that your passport is being processed.