PDA

View Full Version : Disney Family's summer trip - 6/7 to 6/13- Day 7 (Orlando Airport - MCO)

disneyfamily05
06-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Wednesday, June 13th
Our last day - always depressing. At first the plan was to go to the pool this morning but due to sleeping in and last minute packing it just didn't happen.
We checked out - got on our ME bus :( watched the going away video and promptly got to MCO around 12:10. We were flying USAirways with our flight leaving at 2:45 - we got to check-in - and the line was HUGE! It snaked throughout the ropes then went DOWN past all the US Airways counters and continued past the next set of counters for a different airline. After waiting (and moving maybe 10 feet) i finally went outside to see if there was curbside check-in - there is for $2 a bag plus tips -- I would pay that any day than stand in that line. So outside we went the line there was less than 5 minutes and as they sky cap started to check us in - he says "Do you have your tickets already?" :confused: Uh - no we have e-tickets - sky cap continues "B/c it says here you are already checked in" Uh - no - as i point out we are standing there with our bags. So he goes inside and did not return for at least 30 minutes - and needless to say i am starting to get a little worried. He finally returns and says to check-in again at the gate as the problem still has not been fixed - but it wasn't going to get fixed with us standing out in the heat - so he gave us our boarding passes as i expressed great gratitude towards him. So now its security time - as i hand our boarding passes to the guy it now comes to my attention that i have two boarding passes with DD name on them and none for my mom - so guess where i have to go back to? That's right - the ticketing counter - security tells me don't wait in line just walk up to the next available person - ok by me. So after running back there (with poor DD in tears b/c her legs hurt) they finally get us situated. Ok - so back to security. Now i try to not complain about things - as i am not expert in crowd management and creation of lines - but this seemed like the most disorganized line situation i have ever seen. All i have to say is i am thankful that i live and fly via Pittsburgh after going through MCO. But ok rant is over now. So once we get through security - we get on the tram - get to the gate - and guess what DM forgot something back at security :mad:. At this point it is 2:15 (keeping in mind that we arrived at MCO at 12:10 and were just now getting to the gate) so i hand over the tickets to DM, DS, & DD and say if the plane leaves - just go i'll catch up later. So i run back to the tram, and with the help of a very nice cleaning man make my way back to security - and yes our bag is still there. So back i go to the gate - panting and sweating and more aggrevated than i have been my entire trip. As i run by the monitors to the gate i notice it says - 2:45 to Pittsburgh now 4:40 :jaw: Go figure. I am running and acting like a maniac thinking i am missing my plane and we were delayed by two hours. So at this point i slowly make my way back to the gate where we wait. Once 4:30 rolls around with our plane - so does a storm (with our luggage outside in the rain- at least we were going home at that point) so we sit some more. Now keep in mind that waiting and being delayed actually doesn't bother me - i would much rather know we are leaving safely and late - than not so safely and on-time. It was just the entire trip was so great - and the last day - all this - but it did prove one thing - we were back in the real word and not Disney's World anymore. And as you can tell since its three days later and i am writing this our journey did end safely. So biggest lesson learned here for all other Intercottees - i know some complain that ME picks up 3 hours before your flight - but you never know - you just may need it.

Next Up: Final Thoughts and photo link

January-2007
06-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Wow. That's why we don't fly anymore. I'm so glad you were able to take it all in stride since your week went so well. Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
06-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks For the report! :smickey:

Lizzie
06-17-2007, 01:30 AM
Okay I was a little stressed just reading your report. Glad you all made your flight.

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 10:36 AM
great report!

faline
06-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Well that will wear off any good Disney feelings in a hurry! Sorry your trip home was so stressful!

Orlando airport seems to be busier every time I come through!

Bethanymouse
06-19-2007, 07:18 AM
I am so sorry you had such a tough last day. You will have to start planning your next trip- that is the perfect cure for the disney blues. I am so glad that you got home safe. Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us!:mickey: