PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's Magnificent May Getaway Final Thoughts

Beach Club Babe
06-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Even though we had a very rough week before our trip and departure day with Ashleigh's illness, things settled down as soon as we arrived, as only they could in Disney. I thank that handful of Pixie Dust we received at MK opening on our 1st full day! We had an excellent trip from start to almost the end. We had only one not so magical moment, which was our DME bus ride back to the airport!

PHL Airport & parking

I had been nervous about using an off-site lot, as we have only ever done park n fly packages at a hotel. The service we chose, Winner Airport valet, was extremely efficient, courteous, and easy to use. Ron decided on this one, since they drop you off and pick you up inyour own car. It was nice not to have to board a crowded shuttle bus, especially after the DME bus on the way home. The airport itself was the same as usual. We had no waits to check baggage or to clear security.

Magical Express

This time it geets a mixed review. I have used this service several times and never had a problem until now. Our experience upon arrival was fantastic. There were no lines to check-in, no wait to board, and only a minimal wait until we departed. We were also the 1st resort to be dropped of. Our experience on departure was absolutely horrendous. The only thing that could have made it worse was if we had missed our flight and that was a distinct possibility if it not for the skycap's help.

Pop Century

Check-in was quick and efficient, however some concierge CM's could use some training on ugrading tickets. Our room location, 50's section, building 2, room 2159 was great as far as noise level was concerned. There was hardly any foot traffic. It was a wonderful location for viewing Wishes and Illuminations. There was also easy access to the Bowling Pin pool and laundry facilities. It was however, a further walk to the busses and food court than from our previous location in the 70's. Given a choice, I'd probably pick the 70's. The Food Court was satisfactory, we only really used it for our refillable mugs. The merchandise in the store was a good selection and package pick-up was quick. The only problem I had was they ran out of postcard stamps, I had to buy regular 39 cent stamps. The bus service from pop was excellent. It really couldn't have been any better. DH was really pleasantly surprised. Although I do enjoy bus drivers who are creative and like to talk, the talking busses were fine, especially for those drivers who aren't talkers. The combination of the two were the best. we had only 2 not so great bus experiences, but 1 was was an overly hot bus coming from a park, and the other was an extremely long wait for a bus from AK to MGM. The Mousekeeping was a bit odd. One day the maid popped in without any knock or warning, I was getting changed when she burst in. Instead of leaving she just stared for a minute, then covered her eyes, apologized, but still didn't leave. When I left the room to go to the pool, she had been waiting in the next room and jumped out at me to apologize again and give me more towels for the pool. How bout the apology for nearly giving me a heart attack when you jumped out from the other room? Also, she placed our items in odd places around the room. I don't mean like arranging the stuffed animals, which she did. But she would move our brushes and odd thins like that. She even hid the remote to the TV which took us 1/2 an hour to find!

Milestones

Emily reached a lot of milestones on this trip. She is officially a big girl now and loved her rides on Soarin', Splash Mt., and Big Thunder. She also rode Test Track, but it wasn't a favorite of hers. I was really fun experiecning these things with her for the first time!

Again, we had a wonderful and magical time!

Parks

The parks were not very crowded at all until the last 2 days of the trip which was the beginning of Memorial Day Weekend. We accomplished so much in a short amount of time. All parks were clean and well maintained, Epcot looked especially lovely with Flower & Garden Festival. Thsi was our 1st time seeing this and am glad we able to have our trip come during this time. Cast Members were all friendly and I cannot think of any rude ones.

Food

All of our meals were wonderful as far as food selection and taste. We also had some wonderful service, such as Chris from the Grand Floridian Cafe, and just 2 not so great ones, Darlene from Donald's and Lorenzo from Alfredo's. Our only "new" restaurnat this trip was Grand Floridian Cafe. We definitley will be returning.

Dream Squad

Ron, Ashleigh, and Emily were all winners which was a real highlight for them, even if they were only minor prizes.

Guests

I think there were a lot less rude people on this trip than in some of our recent trips. We didn't really encounter many. There are still so many men and able bodied teens that will not give up seats to those in need. That is really Ron's pet peeve. I did see more giving up seats, but so many that did not.

Characters

Characters were out in abundance on this trip. We did get t see quite a few that we've never seen before such as Jiminy Cricket, The Queen, Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar.

January-2007
06-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the thoughts on your trip. I agree, Epcot sure is beautiful with all the Flower and Garden Festival stuff everywhere, it will look so plain upon returning at a different time of year! Glad you all enjoyed your vacation!

Lizzie
06-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks for all your reports.

MauiMouse
06-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Heather, glad to hear that your family had a great time at Disney. Thanks for taking us along. :mickey:

Pocahontas
06-16-2007, 03:19 PM
I enjoyed reading all your trip reports. Sounds like over all you and your family had a really great time.:thumbsup:

sleepingbooty
06-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the wrap up Heather! All your reports were great, loved all the little details!

pdrlkr
06-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks For the report! :smickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-17-2007, 12:41 AM
Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us Heather.

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 10:38 AM
thanks for sharing!

princessgirls
06-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Heather,

Thanks for the great reports. Your trip was spectacular as usual!!

Until your August Adventure...

Julie:mickey:

Bethis26fan
06-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Sounds like a great trip.

#1disneyfan
06-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the great reports. You really accomplished alot even with those afternoon swims. Thanks so much for sharing!

faline
06-18-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm glad to hear that the good definitely outweighed the bad! I hope to be reading another set or reports in the not too distant future!

amy711
06-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Thank you for the trip reports. It makes it easier to wait for my trip when I can hear about someone else's.

RedSoxFan
06-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Heather -- I enjoyed reading all your trip reports. Sounds like you guys had a great time.:mickey: