PDA

View Full Version : Mnnshp

septembergirl
06-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Is this so wonderful? Why should we :spend: the extra bucks for this event?
We only have 5 days and I wonder if we should use that time to tour another less crowded park but I hear it's really fun...

KAJUNKING
06-16-2007, 12:07 PM
this will be our first time at mnsshp, but every comment i have ever seen on it has been very positive, and we cant wait to go :mpumpkin:

readytogo2
06-16-2007, 12:25 PM
we went 3 yrs ago and are going again this yr we really love the parade and the later it gets you can almost walk on any ride.

GreenBeetle
06-16-2007, 12:47 PM
We've done it twice and would do it again in a minute! It's the Magic Kingdom like you've never seen it before. Decorations, creepy music, fog machines and of course, trick or treating! The Boo to You Parade and special fireworks are awesome. If you have the chance, I say do it! :mpumpkin:

T-Belle
06-16-2007, 01:17 PM
The Headless Horsemen leading the parade alone is worth it to me! I'm a big fan of the Disney's Legend of Sleepy Hallow cartoon.

:frog:Ichabod

1EeyoreFan
06-16-2007, 03:12 PM
We went last year and already have our tickets to go again this year. My DS, 12 yrs. old then, told one of the CM's about our "race" to see who could fill up their trick-or-treat bag quickest. The CM filled up his bag and told him he won! lol. He then gave him another bag to fill-not that he needed it or accomplished it. Everyone had a great time, including DD 1 1/2 at the time. She loved the parade. She did however fall asleep in her stroller. Have to admit, she was one cute ladybug even in slumber! DS and DH rode pirates 3 times in a row. Hope you enjoy if you decide to go!

pook@wdw
06-16-2007, 06:23 PM
We would not miss it! It is worth the extra bucks. There are numerous treat stops w/plenty of characters, the "villans" fireworks show is wonderful, and the "Boo To You" parade is outstanding. (you won't be able to get that song out of your head) Watch for the ride of the Headless Horseman at the beginning of the parade, and be sure to look for the gravediggers doing their "spark" ling dance!! We caught the parade in Frontierland as it was coming out and was able to get right on SPLM and BTMR w/ little wait after the last float. Definitely, a MUST-DO!:cloud9:

Clarabelle Cow
06-16-2007, 07:38 PM
We went for the first time last year and loved it! We will be there in October for our family vacation and the entire family plans to attend - we're all dressing up as the Seven Dwarfs.

It is so worth the time and money that my DH and I are planning to return year after year just for the MNSSHP. Lucky for us we're only four hours from WDW.

mainemajor
06-16-2007, 08:43 PM
The Headless Horsemen leading the parade alone is worth it to me! I'm a big fan of the Disney's Legend of Sleepy Hallow cartoon.

Ditto on the horseman:number1:
MNSSHP was the highlight of our last trip. This year's trip is at wron time for it and I'm a bit bummed out that I will miss it, but there is always next year.
It's well worth the money. it's so much fun.

TILLYLILY
06-17-2007, 10:12 PM
I would absolutely reccomend it, we have gone two times and had an amazing time. The transformation of the park is magical and the parade is one of our favorites.

DSNYMOM4JJ
06-17-2007, 11:47 PM
There is nothing like the MK during MNSSHP!!! The whole kindom is transformed and the experience is just breathe taking...with so many bad things happening in the world today it takes you back to a time when people actually decorated for Halloween and kids could safely trick or treat around the neighborhood. My family loves it and we always have a great story to tell each year about our costumes, other costumes we have seen, and the fun we had...IMHO I would make plans to join the fun while you are at WDW...it'll be the highlight of your trip!!!!.:mpumpkin::mpumpkin::mpumpkin:

tiggmom
06-18-2007, 06:14 AM
:thumbsup: It is so worth the extra money. We were there on our last trip and still can't stop talking about it. The fireworks display was absolutely amazing! The kids really enjoyed themselves. Lots of candy and the opportunity to finish the rides you didn't get to. My family highly recommends it. We leave in 7 days and will miss it this time.:party:

disneydaisy
06-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Is it worth the extra money? Absolutely! We went in 2004 when DD was 4 and had a terrific time. Had ADR's for LTT, ate dinner and walked out the front door for front row parade viewing. We spent so much time in Frontierland, Adventureland and liberty Square that we didn't even make it to Tomorrowland and the dances. lines weren't long, in some cases we just went on rides over and over. Parade and fireworks were fantastic. I just can't say enough about it. We planned this year's trip in October just so we could go again. Bought our tickets for October 16 the first day they went on sale. Now it's just deciding on costumes. And we are planning on hitting the costume parties this year.

Mickey91
06-18-2007, 10:43 AM
It is so worth the extra cost!! We already have our tickets for this year! Can't wait! The parade is awesome. There are usually characters only out for this event. Plus the trick or treating and costume party! We never have time to ride any rides! We are too busy doing all the fun halloween things!:mpumpkin::bat::mpumpkin:

Dznygrl79
06-18-2007, 05:27 PM
I did the party last year and loved it! First the free candy is nice, then the rides not being crowded is good, but the parade is awsome. Seeing the characters who normally don't hang out is so wonderful! The Boo to You song gets stuck in your head and you just keep singing. The fireworks complete with villans soundtrack is great. I actually had a blast just singing along to all the great villians themes. And of course the Haunted Mansion CM really get into character those nights and make for an extra fun ride.
They also fogged up the Pirates of the Carribean area which was spooky but fun. The candy is given out by CM and characters, the playing cards and Queen of Hearts from Alice was a special treat and each card was dumping handfuls of candy into our bag. We came home with nice sized bags and the Cm still wanted to give us more!
Do it have a great time! And if you pin trade they have some awsome party exclusive pins (last year they released a diffent pin each night there was a party and if supplies remained you could by previous ones!)
:jack:

GrmGrninGost
06-18-2007, 07:46 PM
This is absolutely THE BEST Disney event going! I would skip a day at the parks just to go to the party! Fortunately, I don't have to though.:mickey:The parade, the special fireworks, the great candy, the characters, and the overall atmosphere is awesome! WDW does a tremendous job with this party. Go! Enjoy! Let us know what you think!

Natazu
06-18-2007, 09:00 PM
I think the Halloween party is the best event MK puts on all year. The special party fireworks are amazing. The parade is absolutely the best: dancing Haunted Mansion ghouls, the headless horseman, free candy, and a catchy little tune. Trick or treating all around MK with good candy, not that junk old Mrs. Johnston on the corner gives out. Guests in costume, cast members in costume, (LTT servers dressed as Haunted Mansion ghosts), Characters in costume (goofy in his Zorro outfit.

Yeah, definitely worth the price of a ticket. We're going to three this year.

Joanna
06-21-2007, 03:32 PM
I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to this--so much so that I booked TWO nights of it during our upcoming trip! We have ADRs for LTT the first night and then for Kona the second. Thanks for all the comments--it really pumps up the anticipation!:party:

like2workout
06-21-2007, 03:44 PM
i would HIGHLY recommend it. it's definitely worth the extra money and will be a night like you've never seen at dw before. i've been the last 3 years in a row and love every minute of it. you'll see an all different parade, different fireworks show, different characters, common characters dressed in halloween costumes, etc. it's a fun fun night!!!