PDA

View Full Version : biometrics and non-expiry

psychotekkie
06-16-2007, 08:52 AM
I know that Disney parks use biometrics to make sure the ticket purchased is only used by one person. Do they use this on non-expiring tickets as well?

We were thinking of purchasing some non-expiring tickets for our family of 4, but our daughter is 9 years old, and it is possible that when we come to finish reusing the tickets, she will no longer be a "child". In that case, I assume I would have to purchase "adult" tickets for her, and then I would have these non-expiring child tickets that I couldn't use.

Without biometrics, I could use them on a later date for my son, but with biometrics would they just be garbage?

crazypoohbear
06-16-2007, 08:58 AM
They do use biometrics on non expiring tickets. If your daughter has a child ticket now and when you return she is an "adult" you go to guest services and they will upgrade the ticket for you, (At no cost to you !)
We did this for our son a while ago.
You still keep the same ticket it is now just upgraded in the computer.
The hard part is figuring out who's ticket is who's during the next trip.
We are going in August and I have about 8 or 9 tickets left over. Some have days and Plusses, some have just plusses, some have days and "options" I wish I could take them all and have them combined into one ticket but alas, disney does not do this. Plus with the "plusses and water park options" we have about 10 days!

CleveRocks
06-16-2007, 10:17 AM
I know that Disney parks use biometrics to make sure the ticket purchased is only used by one person. Do they use this on non-expiring tickets as well?

We were thinking of purchasing some non-expiring tickets for our family of 4, but our daughter is 9 years old, and it is possible that when we come to finish reusing the tickets, she will no longer be a "child". In that case, I assume I would have to purchase "adult" tickets for her, and then I would have these non-expiring child tickets that I couldn't use.

Without biometrics, I could use them on a later date for my son, but with biometrics would they just be garbage?

It's pretty much BECAUSE OF the non-expiration feature that Disney uses the biometrics!!! There's not as much "risk" of different parties sharing tickets that expire 14 days from first use, if you know what I mean.

Tickets are tickets are tickets ... the biometrics are used across the board.

As crazypoohbear already told you, you'll have no trouble with your daughter's NE ticket after she turns 10. They will upgrade the ticket to an adult ticket when she visits again as an older-than-nine year old, and they will do this at no extra charge.

Since kids are not finger-scanned, it's possible you can use her ticket for your son. I say "possible" because it depends on his age. They will look at the date the ticket was originally purchased, and only upgrade it to an adult ticket if it's plausible that the ticket was bought when the child in question was 9 or younger. If you bought the ticket for your daughter in 2006, and in 2008 you go with your 20 year old son, they won't upgrade "his" ticket for you because they'll immediately know it couldn't legitimately have been bought for him in 2006. I hope that makes sense.

psychotekkie
06-17-2007, 12:50 AM
Thanks guys!
That makes me feel better.