PDA

View Full Version : Disney Family's summer trip - 6/7 to 6/13- Day 6 (MGM/DS & DTD)

disneyfamily05
06-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Cast members:
Me - 29 - Julie (trip planner)
DM - 57 - Yon - Darling mother (her first trip to anything Disney)
DS - 6 - Zach
DD - 4 - Deena

Where? POFQ

When? June 7-13, 2007

Tuesday, June 12th

We woke up early and made it to Disney Studios shortly after opening. I got our stroller, and our map (never making that mistake again), and off we went. Originally this trip was going to be the "Little Einsteins & Power Ranger trip" b/c honestly those were the two things i was determined we were going to see. Little Einsteins b/c DD LOVES them and they had not been added to the parks in 2005, and Power Rangers b/c last trip we waited to see them and they never came b/c they were filming the Christmas parade in MK that day.

Since the Power Rangers were not coming out until 10:05 that morning we stopped to do Star Tours - personally Big Thunder: no problem, Dinosaur: no problem, Star Tours ::sick: - not sure why. We walked out to Streets of America after dragging DS out of the store - while we waited we saw Mater & Lightening McQueen stroll by, then the Power Rangers came which both kids loved. We met the Red & Pink ranger. We then headed over to the Honey i shrunk the kids playground just for a few minutes as it was HOT in there. We then made our way out and went on the Studios Backlot Tour, made a personalized puzzle with the DS fighting Darth Vader and DD in a Star Wars Photo montage (not sure if this kiosk is always there or if it was left over from the Star Wars weekends). We then stood in line to meet with Quincy from Little Einsteins. We then walked around to get to our 12:00 ADR at H&V. Let me just say the interaction at this lunch was great - by far the best interaction we had with the characters. After that the High School Musical folks went strolling by to take their place infront of the hat for their show. At that point it started to rain really hard so they had to turn around and leave right as they got situated. I grabbed FP for Litter Mermaid and we went on the walk through for Chronicles of Narnia - i knew from reading here not to expect too much - but i did like to look at the costuming - but the clips from the movie (which i loved) was a little underwhelming as we have seem the movie several times. They did advertise the new Chronicles movie coming out in 2008. After getting some pictures we headed back for our FP time for Little Mermaid which was good. We then went to watch the afternoon parade where Jafar bowed to DS - which he just thought was the greatest thing ever. We then made the trek to the Great Movie Ride and waited a good 40 minutes (wait times had been listed as 65 minutes right before the parade). After that we made our way to the resort to rest up (this was the first day that we did NOT return to the resort for a mid-day nap).

We went to Downtown Disney to do some shopping since we were leaving the next day - both DS & DD made their own Light Sabers at Once Upon a Toy. They also traded little mini action figures with the CM there - who was VERY patient "Hhmm.. do i want this one or this one? No, wait i want this one." We also stopped at Goofy's Candy Store, the Lego Store (way too crowded so we quickly left), Art of Disney (which has beautiful stuff if you have never been there), also the Arribas brothers store (wow - if only i had all the money in the world). We at the Wolfgang Puck Express which was very good and then decided to call it night.

Hopefully tomorrow i will post the last day & pics.
Next UP: the journey home :(

January-2007
06-16-2007, 12:19 PM
So glad your last full day was a success, with meeting the characters you had previously missed. Thanks for reporting. The Lego store was uber crowded when we went too, just a few weeks ago. So sorry your trip is coming to a close, it's always so sad!

Lizzie
06-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Great report. Sounds like the charachter interaction was great this day.

pdrlkr
06-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Thanks For the report! :smickey:

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 10:38 AM
thanks for sharing.

faline
06-18-2007, 09:41 AM
The simulator rides such as Star Tours bother my husband as well.

Sounds like you accomplished all of your objectives for this day!

Bethanymouse
06-18-2007, 09:59 PM
A great day at MGM! I am so glad that you got to see all of your favorites. Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us!:mickey: