PDA

View Full Version : Disney Family's summer trip - 6/7 to 6/13- Day 4 (AK & Fantasmic)

disneyfamily05
06-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Cast members:
Me - 29 - Julie (trip planner)
DM - 57 - Yon - Darling mother (her first trip to anything Disney)
DS - 6 - Zach
DD - 4 - Deena

Where? POFQ

When? June 7-13, 2007

Sunday, June 10th

Now realize that I am one of those up early and at the park before it opens if not shortly after believers. Sunday I decided to let the troops sleep in a little - and quickly learned why i am an early to the park kinda girl. We didn't leave POFQ until around 9AM and got to Animal Kingdom around 10AM (after several stops at Port Orleans Riverside and one of the waterparks). Got my stroller - went into Tough to be a Bug after a 5 minute wait, then at 10:50headed to the Finding Nemo musical for the 11:30 show. At 40 minutes before the show the line was already by Chester & Hester's Dinorama. As we got into line I could hear a CM yelling into a walkie talkie to move the line as the crowds seemed to be rapidly increasing. Let me just say it was definitely a heard mentality - we just moved ourselves along, it was very HOT, people were in a bad mood - especially if it even looked like someone was going to cut in line. And once someone did - forget it - people were yelling at each other :rant:- I even saw some CMs starting to loose their cool getting into yelling matches with the line cutters with the CMs eventally prevailing especially with an angry crowd ready to pounce it seemed. I stood there thinking "There is no way any show is worth this" and seriously considering leaving at several points. But we stayed and I have to say I am glad - and yes it was worth it. So just remember all the great things you hear on Intercot about the show as you stand in line for this show.

After this show we left to get something to eat at Flame Tree as we were all starving. And then we left around 1:00. So after 3 hours we had accomplished exactly 2 things at AK. At that point I told everyone we are waking up EARLY the next morning to make sure we get moving with less people and less heat.

We ended up staying in the room and taking a nap with me waking up around 4:30 to the sound of things being pelted at our resort window. I woke up, looked outside and could have swore we were in the middle of a hurricane - the pelting sound was hail coming down the size of dimes or more and the trees were literally bent over. I sat there comtemplating what to do next as our Fantasmic dinner was that night. We finally left at 5:30 - it was still raining pretty hard minus the wind and hail - but figured we have to eat anyway we might as well get to Disney Studios. We got to the park and in my rush to try to make it to our ADR forgot to pick up a park map. Now Magic Kingdom & Epcot i know pretty well that i can get around without ever looking at a map - and somewhat with Animal Kingdom too. For some reason once i get past the hat in the Studios everything starts to look the same to me. So i think oh how hard is it to find mama melrose's without a map - let me tell you - a little difficult. I literally stood in the middle of the Streets of America turning in circles :scratch: trying to figure out which way to go as i knew it was someplace in the area - and just FYI there are NO signs pointing out Mama Melrose's along the way that I could see. We finally happened to stumble across it after much frustration on my part a few minutes late for our ADR but they took us in right away. We got seated around 6:25 and left at 8:00 to make our way to the front of the park to get to Fantasmic via our passes. We sat for about 40 minutes and had pretty good seats - i think the storm probably scared alot of people away that day and of course loved the show. This was also the fist time this trip that DS showed any fear - last trip i don't seem to remember any. We were sitting a lot closer to stage which may have been part of it. He kept saying "Is this real? Is this real?" DD just kept her eyes really wide open -- but in the end they both enjoyed it. We then left with the masses to get back to the resort.

Up next: MK before it opens! & AK redeems itself

January-2007
06-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks for reporting! I'm with you, the early bird gets the worm. Hope tomorrow you love the opening ceremony!

Lizzie
06-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the report. I always have to convince my group to get there early.

pdrlkr
06-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks For the report! :smickey:

Bethanymouse
06-17-2007, 10:31 AM
That afternoon storm can be pretty scary. Apparently it is quite common in Florida because we always hit that in July/August! I am glad that the evening turned out better than the morning, crowds and heat can really take the life out of ya! Thanks for sharing your day!:thumbsup:

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 10:34 AM
thanks!

faline
06-18-2007, 05:49 AM
Some of those Florida thunderstorms can be pretty intense at this time of year. Seems like an afternoon nap was just the ticket to keep you out of the worst of it!

Despite your morning frustrations, it sounds like you had a good day!