PDA

View Full Version : Boma for breakfast

BugeyedMuggy
06-15-2007, 06:32 PM
We are staying at AKL for the first time and heard alot of good things about breakfast @ Boma. Do we need reservations for this or is it pretty easy to just walk down & get in. We are going in late Sept. Any help would be appriciated. We hate to make so many res. that control your time.

Crow
06-15-2007, 10:15 PM
well ive eaten at Boma for dinner and then for breakfast. breakfast was 2005 and i walked up.
dinner is better i think w more diff things.
not sure but walkup may b ok for breakfast.
i wouldnt do it again, but that is only because the hostess at the time i ended up being involved w.
walkups are getting harder for most places i think.

princessimagineer
06-15-2007, 10:17 PM
ive only eaten there for breakfast and i LOVED it. we walked up a few times but now we always make reservations for it just cuz were a little crazy and we just wanna make sure you kno?

ElenitaB
06-16-2007, 08:29 AM
I would suggest that you call WDW-Dine from your room (there is a button on the in-room phones) the evening before you want to go or even when you get up that morning. That way you know if there's room and also avoid any wait should you just happen to hit the restaurant at a busy time. Sometimes 15 minutes earlier can make a difference.

Though Boma has a very large dining room, there are also events that take place at the parks and you just might end up at AKL when it's unexpectedly busy. That happened to us one October when we were at WDW during the Super Soap event... and AKL was where all the soap stars were staying (Susan Lucci was in the room next to ours... well, she was in a suite, we were in a room).

January-2007
06-16-2007, 02:03 PM
I've never eaten at Boma, but since you're going in September, I would go ahead and make a reservation to make sure you can get in. You might not be able to otherwise because of the Free Dining Plan. You could always just cancel that ADR once you're down there if you do get in at another time, but if it's something you really want to try, I would suggest biting the bullet and making an ADR just to be safe.

disneyfan1124
06-16-2007, 03:20 PM
As AKL is our favorite, we eat at Boma often. At first we would walk up, but after making ADR we noticed a pattern--better seating with ADR! I suggest making the reservation, but either way you are sure to enjoy! We'll be there in Oct and we're eating breakfast there every morning! Can't wait!

tinksmom02
06-16-2007, 10:11 PM
If you think you might want to eat there, made ADRs. I know it's a pain to plan so far out, but it's a bigger pain to find another place to eat when you walk up to your first choice and get turned away.

You can always cancel if you change your mind!!

:mickey:

Pop Centurion
06-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Definitely make ADR's. This way you'll know for sure that you have a table. You can always cancel the reservation if you change your mind.

thejens
06-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Last year in April I called the night before and made reservations for the following morning. Then in the morning, they didn't have my reservation, but they seated me anyway. (of course I couldn't find my confirmation number until hours after breakfast!) Not sure how it would have gone if I had simply walked up and asked for seating.

ResQRanger82
06-18-2007, 01:54 PM
I would say go ahead and call. I think Boma is getting increasingly popular, so I'd say to play it safe.

Oh, and my two cents on Boma....LOVE IT!!!