PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for first timer?

chick20679
06-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Hey all! While I have been to WDW many times, this September will be the first time for my boyfriend. My question is - does anyone have any 'must see' things for a first timer adult? I know my 'must see' rides and attractions, but I've also been known to skip a few here and there b/c they weren't MY favorite. I just want him to see everything he might enjoy. Also any spots/nooks for couples to check out? Thanks for any advice! :thumbsup:

ibrowse17
06-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Show him the Disney you love, and along the way he will find his own favorite things. Just do not rush him around, take everything in at a comfortable pace.:thumbsup:

LauraF
06-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Also any spots/nooks for couples to check out? Thanks for any advice! :thumbsup:
For couples, either the Carousel of Progress at MK or El Rio Del Tiempo (Mexico pavilion) are a couple of my favorites to cuddle and hold hands. (I strongly suggest against anything more as Disney does monitor all the rides.)

KAT1811
06-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Here are my favorite must sees when in Walt Disney World:

Magic Kingdom:

Pirates of the Caribbean :pirate:
Splash Mountian
Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion :hmghost:
It's a Small World
Mickey's Philharmagic
Tea Cups
Space Mountain
TTA
Buzz Lightyear
Carousel of Progress

Epcot

Spaceship Earth
Ellen's Energy Adventure (I like it. Great way to escape from the heat)
Test Track :car:
El Rio
Norway
France (movie)
Soarin'

Disney Studios

Tower of Terror
Aerosmith's Rockin' Rollercoaster :coaster:
Great Movie Ride

Animal Kingdom

It's Tough to be a Bug
Dinosaur! (even though I still can't get through tht entire ride with my eyes open!)
EE (haven't gotten to ride it yet but it's a coaster so I'm sure I'll love it!)
Festival of the Lion King :simba:

And all of the firework & closing shows :fworks:(but that goes without saying!!!) Have a great trip and I hope DBF loves Disney as much as we all do!!!

I think that the TTA is a great place to snuggle up, take a rest and cruise around Tomorrowland!!! DH and I also love to go to the Adventurers Club at night.

disneygirlie11
06-18-2007, 10:05 AM
the comedy warehouse is really fun anf it's dfferent every night. last year i took my bf for his first trip too. Some of his (suprisingly!) favorite things were: Fantasmic, It's Tough to be a Bug, the acrobats in Japan, and the golf courses. Of course he loved all the action rides. I'm just putting some things you may not think a grown guy would like!!

Pocahontas
06-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Oh I love to go to DW with someone who has never been there. I love to watch their reactions to all the suprises and fun shows along the way.

I would suggest starting with all your favorites and then if time permits go back and catch some attractions that you don't go on as much. You didn't say your favorites, but I never miss any of the thrill rides at the different parks. It's really hard to go wrong with any choice.:mickey: