PDA

View Full Version : Gold Cup

MGKpotc8283
06-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Well the U.S. national team is off to a great start in the Gold Cup. Let's hope they can keep it up against Panama tomorrow. Anybody else predicting another U.S. vs Mexico final? Too bad the U.S. won't be sending the same squad to the Copa tournament.

Strmchsr
06-15-2007, 04:50 PM
USA has looked better with each passing game. Some of the movement against El Salvador was truly world class. I didn't see that against Guatamala, and rarely againt T&T. I think they're finally hitting their stride so let's hope it continues.

I'm with you on Copa America. We're basically sending a B team to a huge tournament. Not sure we'll do well, but at least some of the younger guys will get big game experience.

Advnt05
06-18-2007, 09:49 AM
The US struggled against Panama. They had their chances but did not convert. You see it in sports all the time that teams play at the level of their competiton. Hopefully, they'll come out strong against Canada.

MGKpotc8283
06-18-2007, 05:01 PM
I think the U.S. played ok against Panama. Donovan and Twellman had a few chances that they should have put into the net. The main thing that worries me is the back line. They had some very shaky moments in this game and other recent games. Hopefully they can continue their success against Canada.

Scar
06-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Congratulations to the U.S. National Team! :number1:

Strmchsr
06-25-2007, 09:58 AM
That winning goal was certainly one of the best in US history. Wow! :soccer:

MGKpotc8283
06-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Feilhaber's goal was a World Class strike. The U.S. looked shaky in the first half but were able to put together some nice soccer during the second half to win the game. Let's hope the U.S.'s success continues this week as the COPA Tournament starts.

Strmchsr
06-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Let's hope the U.S.'s success continues this week as the COPA Tournament starts.

I'm the eternal optimist, and I've been very impressed with Bradley's strategy, but I'm not very optimistic about our Copa chances with so many of our A-team not present. Still, win or not it'll be fun to see how these up and coming young guys perform.

MGKpotc8283
06-25-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm not very optimistic about our Copa chances with so many of our A-team not present.

It would be great to see how the U.S. A-team would match up against Argentina this Thursday night. I just don't understand why a "B-team" is going. If it were up to me I would definitely choose having the players play in this tournament over going back to play in the MLS (which is what most of the players are doing).

Strmchsr
06-25-2007, 07:49 PM
If it were up to me I would definitely choose having the players play in this tournament over going back to play in the MLS (which is what most of the players are doing).

I agree 100%. My guess is the various club teams weren't willing to let some of their best players off for an entire month (which is what it would be for 2 tournaments). Can't say as I blame them, and I know the Gold Cup was really important because now we'll be a part of the 2009 Federation Cup, but I still would love to see how our best stacks up against the South American best, especially with the roll they're on now.

Advnt05
06-28-2007, 09:49 AM
So Mexico took it to Brazil. That goal where the guy flicked it over the defender and past the keeper was pretty sweet. Brazil looked flat with four defenders staring at the ball and losing the guy.