PDA

View Full Version : The Shutterbugs (Day 5)

Tinkerbell627
06-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Previously on the Shutterbugs:
Karen: "So, what did you guys do last night?"
Cindy and Sam: "Uhhh... the wheels on the bus go round and round..."

And now our feature presentation:

It was another slow morning for the Evil Trio who had decided to go their separate ways from the Daring Duo once again. The three of them slowly got out of bed and slowly made their way to the bus stop.
They decided to go to MGM. Their logic was that the next day, there would be a ton of people for Star Wars weekend, so might as well go now and do what they didn't do the previous day. But before the left, they got a mysterious phone call.
It was Karen.
"Ring ring"
Sam: "Headquarters"
Karen: "Is this line secure?"
Sam: "Duh"
Karen: "Okay, Lunch: Brown Derby, Sci-Fi, or 50's Prime Time"
Sam: "Hold on, let me speak to my people"
Pause
Sam: "Sci-fi"
Karen: "Okay, see you then"
The Evil Trio then realized that Karen and Rob were going to MGM that day too. Would fate bring them together?
So with lunch reservations at 1:30, Kelvin, Cindy and Sam decided to wander around the park, do some picture taking, and hit a couple of rides they missed. Sam and Cindy had to get another Rockin' Roller Coaster Fastpass. Unfortunately, it was going to be right after lunch. Oh boy...
The first ride Kelvin, Cindy and Sam went on was the great movie ride. Oldie but goodie. Kelvin got some great pictures and the gangster even pointed out Sam. Well, he told her to stop staing at him, but it was cool nonetheless.
After GMR and a photo extravaganza on the Streets of America, The Evil Trio ran into the Daring Duo at the Writer's Stop, conveniantly located next to where they would have lunch. They browsed around the store until their reservation time rolled around. They were quickly seated right in the middle of the restaurant with a perfect view of the screen. Yes, another great dining experience.
After a fun and filling lunch, Sam and Cindy wanted to try to settle their stomachs before RnRC, so the Evil Trio went on the Backlot Tour. However, they had spent to much time there and got off tour the minute their Fastpass time expired. They did what anyone would do:
They ran their hineys off.
Apparently, it didn't really matter and the cast member let them on without a second glance. Before you could say "Walk this Way" they were launched onto the crazy streets of LA for the third time that trip.
By the time they got off, it was around 3:45-ish and time for their mandatory rest. They didn't feel like visiting another park after their rest, Epcot was planned for the next day, so they decided to see a movie at Downtown Disney.
They chose Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.
And if you liked the movie: I'm sorry.
After their nap and a relaxing dip at the pool, they hopped aboard the boats that would take them to Downtown Disney. Unfortunately, it had started to storm and lightning forced them to turn around back to the docks. Sam and Cindy started to panic; not in fear of the lightning, but the fear they would have another transportation nightmare.
They finally got to Downtown Disney, via bus, about a half hour after they intended. They got tickets for an 8:00 show and were told by the ticket guy that the movie was really good.
Really?
Yes, really.
They got their seats and Sam had the misfortune of sitting next to a guy with a really smelly hotdog and a knuckle popping habit.
Fabulous.
She wouldn't have been bothered by this if the movie had been interesting instead of two hours of NONSENSE! (See "Movie Review")
After the movie, the Trio made their way back to OKW with very confused looks on their faces, and went to bed.

And now Thoughts of the Day with Yours Truly:
Sorry, folks. Another laid back day. Nothing extremely exciting.
Sci-Fi Dine-In: Not bad! I figured 50's Prime Time would have better food, but none of us really wanted to get teased, so Sci-Fi it was. Food was really good. Mom and I split a barbequed chicken sandwich and I had a milkshake. Dad enjoyed his rueban. Karen enjoyed her pesto pasta and Rob enjoyed his cheeseburger, so thumbs up all around for the food. Atmosphere was also great. Mom and Karen had fun reminiscing on sci-fi movies back in their day. All I could think of was my sudden urge to watch Star Wars.
And then there was Pirates of the Caribbean III...

Movie Review
Extreme fans of the latest installment: beware. I'm not going to be harsh, but I did not enjoy the movie. Minor spoiler warning, but nothing that gives away the plot.
The beginning of the movie was good. I enjoyed the Singapore setting and the first fight scene was kinda cool. Loved the intro of the characters, especially Tia Dalma. Creepy. But once we went to Captain Jack in the Locker, things went down hill. I understand that the "Multiple Jacks" and all the crabs was supposed to be surreal and trippy, but it was just weird. Weird in a bad way.
Then there was about two hours of nonsense about who was on what side, people's motives and other stuff that made every confusing and quite boring.
By the time the Maelstrom scene was on, I was a bit antsy. The battle was cool but a little long. And my opinion on the marriage thing... why did they do it? That had to be one of the cheesiest things I've ever seen in a film.
I like angsty endings, but by that point, I just wanted something good to happen.

The one thing I loved about Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End was the musical score. Absolutely beautiful. I actually went down to OKW's gift shop and bought a copy. I play it all the time.

Here's a peek at what's to come:
Sam: "Aww, my memory card is full. Got another one?"
Kelvin: "Here"
45 minutes later...
Sam: "Hey, got another memory card?"

Stay tuned

Tinkerbell627
06-15-2007, 02:25 PM
I almost forgot!

The highly anticipated pictures are up! I only have the first two full days of the trip, but if you want to check out some of the highly anticipated pictures, they're on my homepage.

There aren't many pictures of us. Everyone is kind of camera shy. There are a few of me and the infamous picture of us boarding Spaceship Earth while Kelvin got left behind is up too. It's in the "WDW June 5 2007" album. There are also some really great night shots about 6 pages into it.

Enjoy.

January-2007
06-15-2007, 02:43 PM
More fun times! We also really like the Sci Fi Dine in Theater Restaurant, it's a lot of fun.

Regarding POTC, that's so funny. We had only seen the first movie, I actually have the dvd, so when we went to WDW we rented POTC 2 at the resort. We got what, maybe 30 minutes into it, decided it wasn't to be. The first one was so good... We tried though, we really tried. So we didn't even finish POTC 2, let alone go to the theater to watch the third installment, which was our plan. Sorry to hear about the knuckle cracker, that would definately get old.

Thanks for the report!

faline
06-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Another good day for you and you crew.

Lizzie
06-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Yeaa I really enjoy your trip reports. I finally I get to see pictures.

pdrlkr
06-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
06-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks for sharing.

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 11:05 AM
thanks.

Bethanymouse
06-18-2007, 07:03 AM
Sorry that you didnt enjoy the pirates movie- I too loved the music! I am glad you had such a great day. Gotta love Rockin Roller Coaster! Thanks for sharing!:D

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Love the pix, you took the same crocs pix I did on the TTA

ChipnDaleGal
07-01-2007, 07:30 AM
I am actually of the same opinion as you on Pirates III. I was disappointed as well. I also saw it at the theatre in Downtown Disney.

Thanks for sharing another great day with us. :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
07-05-2007, 05:34 AM
I love your reports, thanks for sharing:thumbsup: