PDA

View Full Version : Prince Charming at 1900 Park Fare

Goes4FastPass
06-15-2007, 01:49 PM
When I booked 1900 Park Fare (at the Grand Floridian) I knew my now 7YO niece would enjoy meeting Cinderella and Suzy and Perla and she did but after Prince Charming visited out table he was all she could talk about:

"When he held my hand and called me princess my hand felt very warm and I wished I were a teenager so I could date him."

"He was very nice and seemed like the kind of person who would not throw trash on the ground."

My wife thought he was wonderful also.

I guess girls will be girls.

poeticeclipse
06-15-2007, 02:00 PM
HAHA! how cute! I must agree.... I don't think that Prince Charming would throw trash on the ground. He would recycle. I felt the same way when I was little about Aladdin. This month on my honeymoon I finally got to meet him and of course, I still got butterflies. It's okay, my husband had a crush on Belle.

vamaggie
06-15-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm so glad you niece got to experience some Disney magic that will be a great memory for her (and you as well!) for years to come! I love to hear stories like this!

Mickey'sGirl
06-15-2007, 02:06 PM
When we dined there in 2004, he showed DS6at-the-time how to stand and bow like a prince. He was really charming! :thumbsup:

Disneyatic
06-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Was this for breakfast or dinner?
We have a breakfast in September and I might consider changing it to dinner for the chance to meet Prince Charming!

Goes4FastPass
06-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Was this for breakfast or dinner?
We have a breakfast in September and I might consider changing it to dinner for the chance to meet Prince Charming!This was dinner. There were many choices on the buffet from shrimp to prime rib to salmon etc. I've always wondered why some DDP'ers go after character breakfasts. The meal is 1 TS credit whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Note, though, breakfast at 1900 Park Fare is a different group of characters, currently Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter, I think.

Goes4FastPass
06-15-2007, 02:20 PM
PS:
1900 Park Fare makes a nice break from the MK. It's a pleasant boat ride (or you can take the monorail) from MK to the GF and the resort is beautiful.

Actually, Thanksgiving to Christmas, the giant gingerbread house in the lobby of the Grand Floridian is a must-see attraction as far as we're concerned.

Disneyatic
06-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Thank you for the extra info. I think we may add this and do a bkfst and lunch here!
When we are going in September they are having the pre-plated substituion at GF CAfe because of the rehab.
I am not too concerned about using 1 TS for breakfast because we are taking advantage of the free dining!

LandFan
06-15-2007, 03:48 PM
That was so cute! What a greatv:mickey: memory - she'll be telling that story when she takes her own kids to Disney one day!

moe513
06-15-2007, 06:16 PM
We love this dinner. The buffet is great and those mice are so cute. Its going under refurbishment and is going to have pre plated food. Ive done that at breakfasts but not dinner.

tinksmom02
06-15-2007, 10:03 PM
What a great story, and a wonderful memory!

We did breakfast at 1900 last trip, and enjoyed it so much that I made ADR's for dinner during the rehab, when it will be pre-plated. Hopefully it will be almost as good. But I know DD will enjoy meeting the mice and the prince!

princessimagineer
06-15-2007, 10:15 PM
yeah in our 05 trip we were gunna be there for MNSSHP and so we booked 1900 park fair for dinner before we went to MNSSHP. i was dressed as a (pink) fairy and prince charming kept calling me tinkerbell. he was being a little princecharming-y toward me the whole time wich my family will never let me live down.... it was cute thow

Checkers
06-16-2007, 09:46 AM
We had dinner there in April and Prince Charming was really charming;). We were at a table of all females (2 adult, 2 children) and he was the highlight, although my 16 mo. GD really gave him the cold shoulder and he tried so hard to win her over (she was having none of it). We loved it and felt the buffet was one of the best we've had at WDW. We will definitely do it again when we go back with our Grand Gathering in Oct. '08. Have a great trip!:mickey:

Cinderelley
06-16-2007, 01:57 PM
That is such an adorable story!!!

SallyfromDE
06-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Last year, PC told Kirsta (age 5) a secret about Cinderella that she would NOT share with us until we got home from Disney. We tried the whole week to get it out of her. She'd shrug or give us dumb looks. When we got home, she told MomMom that Cinderella sneezes.

eeyoremom
06-16-2007, 04:58 PM
A couple of years ago, my daughter was 18, Prince Charming proposed to her at 1900 Park Faire. First he whispered to her that this would be fake, because he is really married. He then got down on his knee and made a big production of everything. All the little girls in the place went crazy. They couldn't believe he was really proposing to that young lady. It was so cute and very memorable for us and all the others there. Of course we have pictures. She is now married, but we do talk about how Prince Charming proposed first.

LoriMistress
06-16-2007, 07:01 PM
How adorable! Sounds like your daughter has a little crush on him. I guess, that's why they call him Prince Charming.:mickey:

LoriMistress
06-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Thank you for the extra info. I think we may add this and do a bkfst and lunch here!

The 1900 Park Fare is not open for lunch. They're open for breakfast and dinner only.