PDA

View Full Version : Flowers, Storm Troopers, and Barry – Part 8

faline
06-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Short Cast of Characters:
Me
Dear Husband

When: May 31 – June 4

June 4, 2007: Our unhappy day has arrived. It is time to go home.

We’re up about 7 and spend the next 2 hours packing and getting ready for the day. By 9 a.m., bell Services has picked up the bags and we’re at the bus stop.

We wait about 15 minutes for a bus and we’re walking through the gates at the Magic Kingdom at around 9:30 a.m. There are a lot of people pouring through the gates!

In the next couple of hours, we pick up a fast pass for Pooh, do battle with Zurg on the Buzz ride, ride the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, visit Snow White, turn in our fast passes for our ride on Pooh, be wary of hitchhiking ghosts at the Haunted Mansion, and journey with Captain Jack on Pirates of the Caribbean.

We decide to have lunch at Kona Care at the Poly. We were going to take the launch over but just missed the boat so opt for the monorail instead.

Once we arrive at the Poly, our wait for a table is just a few minutes but they still managed to mix things up so, when they seat us, the already have us listed as having been sat. No matter.

DH orders a turkey club and I select a chicken sandwich. That really hits the spot!

Lunch complete, we return to the monorail station. We’re the first at the station so ask if we can sit with the pilot but, alas, it is occupied. Perhaps next trip.

Once we get back to the Magic Kingdom station, we disembark, regretfully walk past the entrance and directly to Bus Stop # 9 where a bus is waiting to return us to Old Key West.

We pull into Hospitality House at 1:50 p.m. Our Magical Express pickup is still one hour away. After walking around a bit to check out the pool area and facilities, we settle into the Gurgling Suitcase where DH is able to watch some of the Nascar race (delayed from yesterday due to Barry’s rain).

It’s an absolutely beautiful day and I’m sad to be leaving but can’t be too sad as I know we’ll be returning to Disney World before the end of the year.

Our Magical Express bus doesn’t arrive until 3:00 p.m. for our 5:35 p.m. flight. After we load unto an almost full bus, it makes another stop at Saratoga Springs where at least a dozen folks are waiting. Finally, we are under way.

It’s 3:45 p.m. before we enter airport property. Fortunately, we’re the first airport drop off.

We arrive at our gate at 4:15 p.m. Only 3.71 miles walked this day.

Our flight takes off right on time. Though mostly full, the flight is not sold out and we’re lucky enough to again get a whole row for just the two of us. We arrive in Manchester ˝ hour early. On the way home, we’ve checked two bags – one with toiletries; the other with our accumulation of soiled clothing. Both bags are quickly retrieved.

Brrr!!! It’s cold and damp here! The remnants of Barry are still causing wet and damp weather here. The hotel shuttle takes just a few minutes to pick us up. We’re quickly returned to out car and start the drive home.

Along the way, we stop for some Chinese food which we bring home and quickly gobble down. Tomorrow is a work day and we need to get some sleep before starting a busy week back at the office!

offwego
06-15-2007, 01:05 PM
I'd be very jumpy about the magical express bus by that point.

You sure packed alot of stuff in your last day. Kona for lunch sounds like a good plan on a day like that. I'll have to keep it in mind.

Thank you again for your reports. I enjoyed them as always.:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
06-15-2007, 01:05 PM
What a sad day! You ended it how I like to though....with a final spin through MK. Good thing you got dropped off at the airport first -- at least you didn't have a lot of time to kill before your flight! ;) Thanks for the reports Linda. I really enjoyed your trip.

DizNee143
06-15-2007, 02:40 PM
i hate leaving day!! but its cool you got to go to MK one more time and do somethings there...sounds like you had a very nice trip all together!! thank you for sharing it with us!! :mickey:

January-2007
06-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the report.

Lizzie
06-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the report!

pdrlkr
06-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DisneyorBust
06-16-2007, 08:30 AM
What a great way to complete your trip! I love to take a quick tour of the MK :mickey: on the day we return home.
Thanks for sharing your trip with us.:number1:

Beach Club Babe
06-16-2007, 10:42 AM
As always, I've really enjoyed reading your reports, Linda!

MauiMouse
06-16-2007, 11:32 AM
That would be hard walking past the front entrance to Magic Kingdom, only to go to your bus to the resort. Glad to know that you do have another trip in the future.

Kona is definitely a hidden gem.

Linda, thanks for the reports, sounds like both you and Gene had a very nice vacation. :mickey:

ElenitaB
06-18-2007, 10:47 PM
What a great trip... too bad it had to come to an end. But I'm definitely looking forward to meeting you on your next trip to WDW!

tron80
06-22-2007, 09:13 PM
I enjoyed reading your reports,glad that you two had a great time. :mickey: