PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dinner Pkg Worth it?

MickeyMousse
06-15-2007, 11:53 AM
We are going to WDW in November and have never been to Fantasmic! :pixie:Yes, in all the trips we had made, we just never made it to the show for one reason or another. This time my family would like to go. Now, are the dinner packages worth the $$ to get "specialty seating" ? I'm not into waiting an hour on line to get in :wait:.....is the wait pretty bad? Can you bring food in and eat while you wait??:pizza: (I thought I saw someone post that you could bring counter svc in with you?) I bow to you, the experts, for your advice!:bow:

r4kids
06-15-2007, 12:53 PM
We haev done it both ways. 1st we did the special package seating with a dining ressie. You are seated all the way to the far right, with an ok view. Having learned this, we now just get in line about 1/2 before, have some snacks and chill. During Nov it is not very crowded, unless you go during Thanksgiving. During a crowded time I would say yes to the dining/seating plan. If it's not busy, just go and you'll get a good seat. We didn't really love the places to dine on the Fantasmic package anywway. If you do choose the package go with Mama Melrose. Good Luck with your choice!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-15-2007, 03:46 PM
After a long day of flying - there was a connecting flight we had to take - the Fantasmic! dining package was the best thing we could have done, in our minds.

We got to MGM and rode a few rides around 5, ToT and RnR and TGMR, then went to Hollywood and Vine for a buffet - because we knew we'd be super hungry from the flights. Stuff yourself up as much as you can and then take more time off your feet and watch Fantasmic! afterwards. We caught the ToT a couple more times after the show was done, and then went back to our hotel to sleep to get ready for our first day at MK.

It really worked for us. Fantasmic! is my favorite show and it was a great way to start the trip. I say go for it! :thumbsup:

Chris :hatter:

Kairi_7378
06-15-2007, 04:55 PM
I agree with Chris. Also... the Fantasmic package essentially gives you a fast pass for the show so you can spend that waiting time doing something fun!

Narawen
06-15-2007, 05:46 PM
It depends on when you go and If there are one or two showings that night. Usually the 2nd showing is alot less crowded, we've gotten there 20 min before and gotten good seats. However, if you go in off season you may not need it either. We got the FDP last October and when we got to our seats there was still plenty of room in the stadium.

We got it for the HBD and the meal was fabulous. I don't think we would have eaten there otherwise, but it was a pretty good deal to include 3 courses. If you really don't want to wait in line, go for the package. I'd rather pay for it and not need it than opt out and have to wait in line for 2 hours, or have it be too full. Fantasmic is, in my opinion, the best nighttime show at WDW.

vamaggie
06-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Here is a tweek question: If we do the package, and when we get there there are seats open in the general area, can we move to them (at show time)? Also, with the package are you assigned seats or just a specific section? We wanted to try to get seats with an "easy out" in case DD4 does not like the show or gets scared.