PDA

View Full Version : Ever been dissapointed in Le Cellier?

January-2007
06-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Have you ever been dissapointed in Le Cellier? I have read a lot of reviews with negative comments about Tony's Town Square, Coral Reef, Concourse Steakhouse... positive reviews too, but they definately have their share of negative reviews. Le Cellier, however, only seems to have positive reviews. Has anyone not liked it, and if so, why? We've never been but are trying it for the first time in September. Just curious on your thoughts.

GrmGrninGost
06-15-2007, 10:25 AM
We've been several times, and no, I can't say I've had a bad experience. Outside of maybe the Cali Grill, LeCellier is my favorite restaurant at WDW! Hope you enjoy!:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
06-15-2007, 10:28 AM
We weren't disappointed in Le Cellier -- but we could not see what all the fuss was about...especially with the very salty cheese soup. It was good food, just not anything extrodinary. We would rather go to "different" restaurants at WDW.

TheDuckRocks
06-15-2007, 11:24 AM
I had a very bad experience at Le Cellier and I truely do hope this is a once in a blue moon occurance. I ordered the Filet with the barbecue sauce as I don't eat mushrooms and asked for it to be cooked medium. When it came to the table and I cut into it it was very, very rare....blood all over my plate. 10 minutes later we had to get another waiter to go in search of our waiter, after another 10 minutes passed before he got there and took the steak back to the kitchen. 15 minutes later the steak reappeared with more barbecue sauce on it and still as rare as it was the first time. Hunt for waiter resumes...10 minutes later steak goes back to kitchen, does not appear for another 20 minutes. This time it is burned beyond belief with a fresh layer of barbecue sauce, the same now dried out mashed potatoes and a remark from the waiter about the chef being mad at him for bringing the steak back twice. We asked to see the manager and for the bill. Payed the bill, never did see the manager. Left hungry vowing to never go back there again. I don't like being negetive but I am honestly answering your question.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-15-2007, 11:38 AM
We have been to Le Cellier twice. The first time we LOVED it, was the best meal of the whole trip. Service was awesome and the food was SUPER!

The second time, not as quite as good...still nice, still good though, just not WOW! Food seemed a little more bland, it might have been the anticipation though.

I would add it to your trip, especially if you haven't been before.

dixielandings
06-15-2007, 11:47 AM
I had a very bad experience at Le Cellier and I truely do hope this is a once in a blue moon occurance. I ordered the Filet with the barbecue sauce as I don't eat mushrooms and asked for it to be cooked medium. When it came to the table and I cut into it it was very, very rare....blood all over my plate. 10 minutes later we had to get another waiter to go in search of our waiter, after another 10 minutes passed before he got there and took the steak back to the kitchen. 15 minutes later the steak reappeared with more barbecue sauce on it and still as rare as it was the first time. Hunt for waiter resumes...10 minutes later steak goes back to kitchen, does not appear for another 20 minutes. This time it is burned beyond belief with a fresh layer of barbecue sauce, the same now dried out mashed potatoes and a remark from the waiter about the chef being mad at him for bringing the steak back twice. We asked to see the manager and for the bill. Payed the bill, never did see the manager. Left hungry vowing to never go back there again. I don't like being negetive but I am honestly answering your question.

This should never, EVER happen. I encourage all of us to let Disney know when this type of thing occurs. They NEED to know.

That said, we've been to Le Cellier a few times, the first time definitely being the best. But the subsequent times have been really good as well. My only negative experience was when I ordered the salmon salad - the salmon was great, but the salad part was all those field and baby greens. I prefer good old-fashioned romaine or iceberg. So I ate the salmon and moved the greens around on my plate. :blush:

Shugoondola
06-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Knock on wood...I've never been disappointed with Le Cellier. It's been excellent every time I've eaten there. :thumbsup:

:mickey:

tinksmom02
06-15-2007, 10:17 PM

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience there. That kind of service/behavior should not be tolerated ANYWHERE, whether it's Disney, Friday's, or some local eatery.

I bet you got your bill mighty quick, though!

I don't think I would have left without seeing the manager, if I were in your shoes. BUT I can understand how sometimes you can get to that level of frustration, that it's just better to get out of dodge.

TinkiTime1989
06-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Honestly, it was the only truly dissapointing meal we've ever had at WDW. The steaks just weren't that good and the service was poor. The best thing we ate was the pretzel bread and we ended up getting snacks before heading back to the hotel later that night. :(

CuteAsMinnie
06-16-2007, 12:11 AM
We had the most awful experience Le Cellier!! It was absolutely unbelieveable. I can't quite remember all the details, but in a nut shell....... the manager comped our ENTIRE bill for our party of EIGHT and the bill was over $300. In fact, I would not leave until he did so! Out of our party, my husband is the only one who received and edible meal! My and another's steak was rare, others were burnt beyond belief. When the rare steaks were sent back, they EVENTUALLY came back, some still rare and cold, other over done and not edible. Some of the kids orders were completely messed up. Other meals simply never showed up. I do remember drinking lots of iced tea and eating breadsticks. I have never been so angry and any type of eating establishment anywhere. My husband was smart to walk out of the restaurant with the rest of the party while I hunted down the manager. He was very apologetic but that just didn't cut it. When he asked what he could do for us, suggesting that he give us a voucher for a return visit that would expire in one year I said thanks but no thanks. You will comp our ENTIRE bill. He did and I will never return.

BugeyedMuggy
06-16-2007, 08:15 AM
We have been many times and it is one of our favotite rest. The last trip we went with 8 people and had a great meal & great service. At the end of our trip we had a dinner for 2 (an adult only nite) When our table was called it was right near the reatrooms and the waitress station. Very noisy and we were bumped many times. This is called table 25 do not allow them to seat you there, you can wait for another table. Our server must have been overworked. My husband never got a beer he ordered , we had no forks (no one came by luckily we were right neat the service station, serve yourself) & the wine we ordered never came til we asked about 3/4 thru our dinner. We also had to move our table over so we were bumped less by the reatroom crowd but it made it harder for the waitstaff to get the place settings and punch in the meals. At the end I couldn't hold it in any longer. We politely told our waitress this was a terrible experience and could we please have our check(wanted dessert but could not stay any longer) The next thing we know the manager is at our table & all apolegetic. We just told him table 25 should not be there. He was very nice but told us the restaurant is very popular ( I would have rather gone to the food court.) He did comp our meal which was nice but I never like to have these as my last memories. We will go back next trip but will request to be seated anywhere but table 25.

AllDisney
06-16-2007, 09:18 AM
We eat at LeCellier every time we go to WDW. We've always had wonderful service & great food.

If you are planning on eating there in September, I hope you made reservations already. I think they may be booked by now.

DawsonAR
06-16-2007, 09:54 AM
I have been there three times and we are going back in November. Two times we had excellent service and food. The other time the food was good but nothing special and the service was lacking. We are going back to give it another try. :thumbsup:

DisneyGiant
06-16-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience there. That kind of service/behavior should not be tolerated ANYWHERE, whether it's Disney, Friday's, or some local eatery.

I bet you got your bill mighty quick, though!

I don't think I would have left without seeing the manager, if I were in your shoes. BUT I can understand how sometimes you can get to that level of frustration, that it's just better to get out of dodge.

I wouldn't have left til I saw the manager either.

We've never had a bad experience at Le Cellier food wise - but we have had mediocre service and the last time we were there - we waited over an hour to be seated (another party of 8 was hogging our table and wouldn't leave). The hostesses tried to keep our spirits up - but we were annoyed!

We're going back in 5 days, 13 hours and 57 minutes - what can I say - we're suckers for Cheddar Cheese Soup!!!

TheDuckRocks
06-16-2007, 10:23 AM
BUT I can understand how sometimes you can get to that level of frustration, that it's just better to get out of dodge.

That is exactly what I was doing, as I was about ready to blow and it was not going to be pretty. I'm a huge Donald fan, with the main reason being he is one "person" with a worse temper than mine. It takes a lot to get me going but when I do nobody wants to be in the area.:thedolls:

big blue and hairy
06-16-2007, 11:30 AM
I have never had a bad experience at Le Cellier. I'm sorry for the folks that did. I can tell you DW and I wouldn't settle for anything less than a comped meal if it was screwed up as badly as that. There is no excuse for that anywhere. It doesn't matter the price, you do what you do well, or don't do it.

:sulley:

angedeaile
06-16-2007, 12:55 PM
I really enjoy reading threads like these. Especially when folks go into details what went wrong instead of just saying the whole experience stunk.

From this, I learned to avoid the steak unless you like it rare or burnt...since that seems to be a reoccuring problem.

I also learned, avoid busy timeframes. It seems this place is so popular, that is when the service lacks and you get the crummy seating.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the posters and to January-2007 for starting this thread. You just helped me loads. I planned on making an ADR here and still plan on doing so, but now I know what tends to be the problems.

I also know, if I do have a problem, it pays to say something.

MsMin
06-16-2007, 01:08 PM
We weren't disappointed in Le Cellier -- but we could not see what all the fuss was about...especially with the very salty cheese soup. It was good food, just not anything extrodinary. We would rather go to "different" restaurants at WDW.

:ditto:
We like our steaks rare so they weren't a problem. My niece ordered the chicken and it took forever and they brought her food out later which was a bad misque; our server was very "flat".
I found the steaks just as good @ Spoodles w/ better appetizers and better service. It wasn't a horrible experience but w/ so much hype as it gets here I was disappointed b/c I was expecting something special-- but found that at Spoodles...

Squeaky Mouse
06-17-2007, 09:15 AM
It's been a year since we last dined at Le Cellier. That meal was not awful....just not very good. In fact, our last two meals here were not so great. However, postings around those times reflected many visitors had similar experiences. Recently, I've noted lots of positive reviews. Thus, we are going to give Le Cellier another try in July. This time, we're going for lunch.

Hull-onian
06-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Hi, We went to LeCellier and found it to be okay. I compared it to the Concourse steak house and I like the Concourse Steak House much better. :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
06-17-2007, 09:44 PM
We tried it for the first time last summer and we really enjoyed it. We will be returning again this summer. We love the cheese soup and the filet was excellent!

MNNHFLTX
06-18-2007, 02:09 PM
My son and I ate at Le Cellier just a week-and-a-half ago and while I would not say that we were disappointed, it did not live up to its usual standards (for us). My filet was prepared to order just fine, but it just wasn't as flavorful as I remembered. My son did get a barbecue brisket sandwich that was very good and the cheddar soup was excellent. :tasty:

One negative--the server double-charged our dining plan credits, which I didn't find out until later in the trip when I was told that we were out of credits when we ate at Whispering Canyon. Fortunately they were able to fix it at the concierge desk, but it was inconvenient, to say the least. I learned that you need to check your dining plan credits after eating at every restaurant to make sure that they get it right.

Goofy Pluto
06-18-2007, 04:35 PM
We ate at LeCellier almost 6 years ago. I wouldn't say it was bad, but with all the ranting and raving on this site about it, I expected more. I figured the steak was going to melt in my mouth and be a real taste explosion, but I found it to be fairly standard, even bland. Not bad, necessarily, just not out of this world, like I expected. Also, I did not like the cheddar soup. I would not go out of my way to eat here again, but I wouldn't avoid it, either. Service was fine, but I would not necessarily insist on going here again. As someone above also said, I preferred Concourse Steakhouse and I'm sorry to see it's closing.