PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick 3 of these 5:Ohana,LeCellier,Consourse Steakhouse, Teppanyaki & CapeMay

Alpha Jeanie
06-15-2007, 02:28 AM
Please help me pick 3 of the five restaurants below. We only need 3 more ADR's for dinner and I'm having trouble picking from the folling list.

(These first 2 are are all time favorites but I'm wondering if it is time to venture out and try some new restaurants this time)

1.Le Cellier
2. Ohana

3. Teppanyaki Dining at Epcot
4. Cape May Cafe
5. Concourse Steakhouse
(I have heard on Intercot that Concourse may be closing or changing to something else soon, but when I asked on the phone at Disney Dining, they said they have no notes of that)

If you had to chose three of these with only adults dining, which one would you chose and why. Are there any of these that you don't like and why?

I appreciate any info.:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
06-15-2007, 02:53 AM
I would go with your 2 favorites, Le Cellier and Ohana and the Steakhouse. I ate at Teppanyaki once and didn't care for it at all. I just didn't like the food, there was nothing wrong with the service or the place itself. Cape May I've never been to at all.

KODABEAR
06-15-2007, 03:56 AM
:minnie:They're all great. We always try one new restaurant each time we go to the World. Haven't tried Cape May yet but sounds interesting. Enjoy whatever you decide on!

Spaceship Tigger
06-15-2007, 07:35 AM
We also like to try and stick with favorites overall and then throw in a couple of new places. I would stay with Ohana and Le Cellier and then go with Teppanyaki. Cape May may also be okay, but I've never been too excited about the Concourse (especially in its location right next to Chef Mickeys).

SurferStitch
06-15-2007, 09:54 AM
We've dined at 3 of the 5 you have listed, and one of them many times (Le Cellier). We are dining at all of them except Cape May this December.

We tried Teppanyaki and 'Ohana for the first time this past December, and they are must-do's for our next trip. We always have to go to Le Cellier, too.

I would stick with 'Ohana and Le Cellier, and add Teppanyaki. Teppanyaki was awesome....food was delicious (I had shrimp and scallops) and prepared perfectly, it was very entertaining, and we had a great time talking to the other families at our table.

SBETigg
06-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Keep one or both of your favorites and try something new. If you have a Japanese hibachi style restaurant near you, you may prefer to try Cape May but I would choose Teppanyaki. It's a fun place with good food, and definitely something to try if you haven't had that hibachi kind of experience yet.

Shugoondola
06-15-2007, 12:58 PM
I would go with Le Cellier, 'Ohana, and add Cape May Cafe as a new one. I love all three. :cloud9:

:mickey:

katzctkpt
06-15-2007, 01:00 PM
We've ate at 3 of the 5 you have down. I really liked teppanyaki last yr when we ate there I also had shrimp/scallops and they were awesome. Don't know how it'll be with the new refurbishment once it reopens heard it was going more Sushi. Yuck! We did Concourse in 2004 and it was good IMO. Ohana was last yr not my fav but, ok. I've never done Cape May or LeCellier but, I've read reviews on both and they sounded good. We too try a new rest. each yr to experience something different. This yr we're trying Fulton's, Whispering Canyon, Coral Reef, & 50's Prime Time.

johnO
06-15-2007, 02:09 PM
I'd also go with the firts two. Mitsukoshi was good.

MsMin
06-15-2007, 02:21 PM
I would recommend Teppanyaki too. We enjoyed it there. I was disappointed in Concourse but it could have been what we ordered-the service was great.
I've never tried Capt May's or Ohana. Remember too that you are going to one steakhouse already if you chose LeCellier...

LauraF
06-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Please help me pick 3 of the five restaurants below. We only need 3 more ADR's for dinner and I'm having trouble picking from the folling list.

(These first 2 are are all time favorites but I'm wondering if it is time to venture out and try some new restaurants this time)

1.Le Cellier
2. Ohana

3. Teppanyaki Dining at Epcot
4. Cape May Cafe
5. Concourse Steakhouse
(I have heard on Intercot that Concourse may be closing or changing to something else soon, but when I asked on the phone at Disney Dining, they said they have no notes of that)

If you had to chose three of these with only adults dining, which one would you chose and why. Are there any of these that you don't like and why?

I appreciate any info.:mickey:

I highly recommend the Teppanyaki. If you are not a fan of soy sauce and Japanese flavors, then it's not for you. I always go there on every trip because the food is wonderful. I'm also vegetarian, so finding yummy food is harder for me to do, so I treasure all the places that have stuff I can eat. The only issue I've ever had there is that sometimes I have to repeat things to the newer waiters once or twice until they understand me. (But a well-placed arigato or konnichiwa works wonders.)

PS: Concourse *is* closing soon. October maybe?? (I remember it was right after my trip.) All I know is that I'm glad I got to try it at least once. It'll be my first time there this trip so I don't have anything to say about it.

threeh
06-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Le Celleier

Ate there for the first time in 06, very very good, would go again!!

Ohana's

Also good, haven't eaten there in last 2 trips but did enjoy!!! Another possibility os Kona Cafe at the Poly, also very good!!

I would choose Teppanaki for my 3rd choice but I really like Japanese food. My family has eaten there twice and the food was very good both times.

Happy planning!!!:thumbsup:

LandFan
06-15-2007, 03:46 PM
I would keep your top two and add Concourse Steakhouse. We had pretty good food there - it was DH's favorite meal. We have a Japanese hibachi style steakhouse near us so that is not a new thing for us...

SurferStitch
06-15-2007, 08:21 PM
PS: Concourse *is* closing soon. October maybe?? (I remember it was right after my trip.) All I know is that I'm glad I got to try it at least once. It'll be my first time there this trip so I don't have anything to say about it.

I don't think it's that early, since I was able to make an ADR there for December. At least, I hope not!

Pocahontas
06-16-2007, 12:08 AM
We would never miss Ohana's, LeCelleier's, and Teppanaki's. We love the food at all three places.

Here we go again...
06-17-2007, 02:37 AM
My 2 favorites:
1.Le Cellier
2. Ohana
We never miss those and I would recommend that you stick to what you love too. How bad would it be to go home craving 'Ohana??? Then you would have to book another trip!

My third choice? Teppanyaki :thumbsup: We tried it in November and loved it. They are not quite the same as our local hibachi grill... different, but very good.

LoriMistress
06-17-2007, 05:28 AM
Personally, I would pick ONE favorite restaunrant and choose two othe restaurants that you never been before. I would try:

Ohana
Teppanyaki Dining
Concourse Steakhosue

Natazu
06-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Le Cellier - for the same reasons probably that you list it as an all time favorite. Great apps, steaks, and desserts served in an authentic dungeon-like atmosphere.

'Ohana - 'ohana means family, actually, it means $27.99 plus tax and tip, but well worth it. I could eat the wings and maui potatoes every day.

Concourse Steakhouse - one of the best "affordable" restaurants at WDW with great steaks and scallops. Plus, there's nothing like eating just a few feet from passing monorails.

thejens
06-17-2007, 09:51 PM
I also love Le Cellier and Ohanas. I have been to Cape May twice for dinner and once for breakfast and loved it all three times. It is a buffet which includes wonderful steamed clams and lots of other choices of seafood, salads, prime rib or some yummy beef, and an amazing assortment of desserts. The feeling is fun and the resort is beautiful. It's walking distance from Epcot if this factors in. The food is not as strong perhaps, as Le Cellier, but I thought there were wonderful selections. I wouldn't do the Japanese simply because you could do this at Benihana's at home, but I am tempted by the fun aspect. I agree with previous poster not to do Concourse since it is another steak house. Your decision may depend on how you feel about buffets. Hope this helps. I doubt you could go wrong!

ThanxForNoticin
06-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Your two favorites are also among our top 5 favorites. BUT, favorites or not, I agree with the posters above who recommend you go back to either Le Cellier OR 'OHana, and then experience something new this trip. There are so many great restaurants around Disney, we find it quite fun to try something new just about every trip. The 3 options you have listed for 'new' restaurants are all excellent. Teppanyaki it awesome and a very unique evening. Thumbs-up to Cape May and Concourse, too. You really can't go wrong. Good luck with your decision.

Disneypixie513
06-18-2007, 01:31 PM
I've only been to Le Cellier, Ohana, and The japan place out of those...We went to Teppanyaki on our last trip and it was really good..The only thing i was crayz about is that you just got steamed white rice and they didn't fry it on the griddle..But other than that it was really good

MNNHFLTX
06-18-2007, 01:40 PM
I think you should go back to your old favorite Le Cellier (gotta love that cheese soup!), but I would encourage you to try out Teppanyaki's and the Concourse Steakhouse. We had the best meal just a couple of weeks ago at the Concourse; in fact, the steak was even more flavorful and well-prepared than at Le Cellier. And being able to watch your food cooked on the table-top grill at Teppanyaki's is a lot of fun.

I am not a big fan of Ohana--just too much meat for my tastes. And I've never eaten dinner at Cape May, so I can't comment there. :mickey: