PDA

View Full Version : Disney Family's summer trip - 6/7 to 6/13- Day 3

disneyfamily05
06-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Cast members:
Me - 29 - Julie (trip planner)
DM - 57 - Yon - Darling mother (her first trip to anything Disney)
DS - 6 - Zach
DD - 4 - Deena

Where? POFQ

When? June 7-13, 2007

Saturday, June 9th

We slept in due to our late night at MK and left the resort around 10:00 for what i thought was our 11:15 reservation at BBB. At World of Disney I went to check in at 10:50 (about a 15 minute wait) they told me to come back at 11:15 b/c our appointment wasn't until 11:30. Ok - so we walk around and shop a little (my mistake the original plan was to wait until the LAST day to make purchases - oh well for that plan, what else were we going to do i figured). I go back check in at 11:15 and we were given a pager. We finally got called in around 12:00noon. Now DS was getting the Cool Dude treatment while DD got the crown package (hair, makeup, and nails). They took them at the same time so i had to work between two different stations. Zach came out looking pretty cool - with spiked up painted tips on his hair, and a hidden mickey painted into the back of his head - only problem we had bought him a Pluto hat so he wanted to wash it out right away so he could wear his hat - as it took quite some time to dry. DD got to pick out her own make-up colors - ever so modestly she picked out pink and brown - she must have saw some of the blue and green eyeshadowded girls coming out - as they were bright! She decided to go with the Fairytale princess look (at first she picked out the POP princess) so they did her nails and pulled her hair back complete with crown. She sort of had this strange expression on her face the rest of the day - not really able to smile - not sure if her hair hurt (she said it didn't) or if they just pulled it back so tight she couldn't change her expression.( I'll post pictures later) Either way the hair lasted for about 2 more days after this.

To congratulate them on their new looks - we had Ghirdelli's (spelling?) ice cream for lunch and it was good!!!! We then took the boat back to POFQ where i then fell asleep until about 3:00 (i guess the previous night had worn me out). We then left for Epcot.

Once there we rode Figment, where DD got a special Tink pink from a CM and a second one to giveaway - she said she was going to give it to her friend Anthony at pre-school - even though the point was to give it away there - oh well. We ate at Norway with the Princesses and i had grabbed FP for Malestorm before we went in - so we used those as we came out, then went to Mexico and saw the Gran Fiesta Tour with a 10 minute wait. Then we had the kids do the Kidcot stations as we made our way around the world, Mexico, (couldn't find Norways kidcot), China (where we caught part of the acrobat show), Germany, Italy, America, Japan (where we got some shaved ice), Morocco, and quickly went through France (and had seen United Kingdom and Canada already) as Illuminations was going to start and i wanted to leave before as i knew it was going to be a mad house getting out.

Next Up: we try AK & MGM for Fantasmic

faline
06-15-2007, 08:48 AM
I didn't know Bibbidty had a section for boys! The kids must have enjoyed their new looks!

January-2007
06-15-2007, 09:11 AM
We got shaved ice in Japan too, it's good isn't it? Sounds like another wonderful day. Downtown Disney is so much fun, I'm glad you all got to rest after the big night. Thanks so much for the report!

pdrlkr
06-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Lizzie
06-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Sounds like the kids had a great time.

Bethanymouse
06-17-2007, 10:21 AM
What a great day! I am glad the kids enjoyed the BBB! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 10:35 AM
great report.