PDA

View Full Version : Disney Family's summer trip - 6/7 to 6/13- Day 2

disneyfamily05
06-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Cast members:
Me - 29 - Julie (trip planner)
DM - 57 - Yon - Darling mother (her first trip to anything Disney)
DS - 6 - Zach
DD - 4 - Deena

Where? POFQ

When? June 7-13, 2007

We get up early and get to Epcot by 8:50am. I go to rent a stroller - a double for 5 days for $79.99 - I knew by day 3 - it was the best 80 bucks i have ever spent in my life.

We head straight to Soarin and wait for 20 mintues to ride - can i just say the girl infront of us had her boyfriend go get FPs for Soarin so they could ride again right after - we were almost to the front of the line by the time he caught up - the line for FPs were literally just as long as the line itself at that point. After having a great flight which my mother loved (she was nervous at first as she wasn't sure what to expect). Now i have to say i was much more impressed with Soarin this time than when I was there in 2005 - for some reason before i thought what's the fuss about - but i could definitely see the appeal to that ride now. We were hoping to catch it again later in our trip but the lines were so long (shortest i saw again was 40 min. during Illuminations and we were just to tired to stay - more typical was 110 minutes) and usually FPs gone by the time we arrived in the afternoons. But at least we got it first thing that day. We then walked onto Living with the Land. Went to & walked onto Nemo and Friends which i thought was cute. I was sitting with Deena (4) and at one point you infront and above you all you see is black and what i assume are bubbles going over your head - she yelled to Zach (who was in the next clam mobile w/ DM) "Look we're inside the tv". We then waited about 10 minutes to go visit Crush - which the kids got a kick out of - and yes they said "Dude" the rest of the day. Now the one warning I will say about this show - after its over its just a free for all getting out - and since the kids sit up front i literally could not see them anywhere. I went running out b/c i could have swore i saw DS walk out and I am panicking - somehow DM had grabbed them and they were actually behind me. But make sure your tell your kids to wait for you it a specific place - i had told the kids that but once you stand the crowd just sort of pushes you out. So hold on to your little ones.

We then walked over to the England & Canada to look around b/c we had an ADR for Le Cellier which the food was great. We then headed out of the park and decided to go to Universe of Energy w/ Ellen - again walked right in for the movie. The walked onto Spaceship Earth (last trip we got stuck and never finished the ride - we had to walk down the steps to get out) and out of the park we went.

We took a couple hour nap and went to Magic Kindom for EMH night and our ADR at Liberty Tree. So we picked up our stroller - keep in mind if you get a several day rental you skip the line and go straight to pick up which is great! We went to LTT first and had a little bit of a wait before we could eat. After that we went and got our wrist bands for EMH - poor DD said after she got her band and we walked away "Where's the ride?" oops should have explained that i suppose. We waited for the Spectromagic parade (which is my favorite!) in Frontierland then walked towards Crystal Palace to watch the Fireworks - it was a little hard to hear the storyline but was still great. We then left and fighting up stream against the crown to Adventureland and got some Dole Floats which were YUMMY! After downing those we rode Aladdin's carpets with less than a 5 min wait, walked to Splash Mt which had a less than 10 min wait (yes i said less than 10 min) as we were coming out the second Spectromagic parade was coming by. We then walked onto Small World, saw Philharmagic again (for my sake as i love it - kids still didn't catch Donald), did Winnie the Pooh (10 min wait), DD and DM went to the carousel while DS and I went to Snow White where we walked on - and yes i thought it was scary for a kids ride - glad i left DD behind. We then met up with DD & DM and we all rode the Carousel again. We walked through the Castle (at this point the battery in my camera died - and of course extras we at the hotel). We went to Tomorrowland - where Stich was less than 10 minutes - ok last time DH took DS on this while i waited with DD- and I know alot of people complain about it but i thought what the heck lets give it a try i like stick. Ok - you're right - its bad. After the harnesses we lifted DS said i don't want to ride this ride anymore - "uh, Zach - the ride is over" "Oh - good" Yeah even my 6 year old wasn't that impressed anymore. We left at 1:45AM and yes the kids were still going on strong. Luckily we walked onto the bus to the resort and off to bed we were at 2:30.

Next UP: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique & Epcot again

faline
06-15-2007, 08:28 AM
What a very full day you had! I'm impressed with how much you accmplished, particularly with such young children!

January-2007
06-15-2007, 08:58 AM
What an amazing day! Those afternoon naps do wonders, don't they? We just love the Evening Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom, we've always been able to accomplish so much. Thanks for the trip report.

pdrlkr
06-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Lizzie
06-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Sounds like a fun day.

Bethanymouse
06-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Sounds like a great second day! We didnt mind stitch the first time, but that chili burp smell stayed in my hair all afternoon! I am so glad you had a great day! Thanks for sharing :mickey:

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 10:40 AM
thanks for sharing.