PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

momef3grls
06-14-2007, 07:24 PM
We had a little change of plans for our trip in October. My oldest DD was accepted to Johnson and Wales to complete her Sr. year of high school at college :chef:.I am really proud of what she accomplished, unfortunately it puts a major snag in our vacation which, was to be the last one before they all started going off to college:sadwave:. She was very mad when we initially said we would not go so the other four of us are going. Now here is the dilemma...we had 2 rooms at ASSp so we would have plenty of room. Would you change rezzies to 1 room at ASSp, upgrade to POR or just keep the 2 rooms at ASSp? Financially we could handle any of the options (would love to go deluxe but not in the budget :()?
I appreciate all of your opinions we are having a tough time deciding.

Thank You,

January-2007
06-14-2007, 07:41 PM
I would upgrade to Port Orleans Riverside. The resort's theme really appeals to me, very Mark Twain. Since the money isn't an issue, I would just upgrade and trade in the two value rooms for this one moderate room. A little extra space, free fridge in the room, and nice atmosphere lends itself to a very nice vacation. Or so I would think, I haven't actually stayed at either of the resorts in question. Happy planning.

Vinny
06-14-2007, 07:43 PM
I like to stay at the values most of the time to keep a handle of the budget for the trip but also like the moderates. Although I would choose Pop Century over any of the All-Stars myself. As you have said, your budget can handle either option, a moderate would be the way I would go. Having a little extra room at a resort that does not share buses as All-Stars does would be much better. Hope this helps you....Have a fun trip!!

BronxTigger
06-14-2007, 07:49 PM
I would either keep the 2 rooms at a value or upgrade to the moderate. I have not stayed at any value or moderate yet (oy I sound like a snob! but I wasn't paying LOL).

If you keep the 2 rooms at a value, you will have 4 beds and 2 bathrooms, which will be nice for all of you. But, connecting rooms are not guaranteed, even if you request it, so it's a little bit of a gamble. You would have around 500 square feet with 2 rooms, but no fridge included.

If you upgrade to a moderate, you will have a different type of theme (no huge icons) and more space than one value room, but less than the 2 value rooms. You'd have about 320 square feet.

I guess it depends on what is most important to you. Tough choice!

wendy*darling
06-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Congrats to your daughetr- what a great opportunity! :number1:
I would keep the 2 rooms at the All Stars.
You didn't mention how old the other kids are, but if they are also approaching college age, everyone would be happier having beds to themselves. :thumbsup:
And 2 bathrooms is a real time saver, for sure.

I also prefer Pop, but if you have a sports fan in your group- you will enjoy ASSp. :team:

disneymom2000
06-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Although I loved POR (only 2 of us) I would suggest keeping the two rooms at All-star
sports for the convenience of more beds and restrooms. October is a pretty low key month so chances of getting connecting rooms is pretty good. You won't be in the hotel that much anyway but getting ready in the morning will be a lot quicker.

eLPack
06-14-2007, 10:01 PM
It all depends on how close you all want to be... I would personally keep the 2 rooms and just ask for close or connecting rooms. Either resort is fine - it's all a matter of how much you want to spend to sleep and shower. :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-14-2007, 10:04 PM
I guess it would depend on how long your DD's take to get ready with only one bathroom. If they shower quickly then I'd upgrade. At POR, you have a sink & mirror area outside of the shower/bathroom. So they could do their hair & makeup while someone else showers etc.
And you could ask for a trundle bed too. But again it depends on how tall they are, because the trundles aren't really large.

katzctkpt
06-15-2007, 12:00 AM
I've not stayed at a value but, sister-n-law did and said it felt like she never left the park. POR is peaceful and laid back. The rooms have 2 queen beds,double sinks, and a frig separate from the tub & comode. If you are a close family that doesn't mind not having a little privacy then stay at POR but, if you are a family that needs a little space keep the 2 rooms. We absolutely love POR and have recommended it to all our friends that go. We've stayed in the alligator bayou section but, we've heard the mansion side oak manor or parterre place were the ones to choose. Good luck in making your choice. Tell your dd congrats & when she graduates from college go to disney as a chef.