PDA

View Full Version : Need opinion on AT&T phone service and bundles

MNNHFLTX
06-14-2007, 06:56 PM
We currently have a bundled package through Time/Warner ( Comcast) of digital phone service, cable TV and Roadrunner high-speed internet. We are very satisfied with the cable service and Roadrunner (we've had Roadrunner for years). However, we are less than thrilled with their digital phone service. There are frequent interruptions in service and of course, if there is a power outage you don't have any phone service at all. We were thinking about switching back to analog phone service via AT&T, but then thought maybe we might try their digital phone service and bundle in the broadband internet access and digital satellite TV. But I don't know if we will trading one problem for another. For those of you who use (or have used) AT&T's digital packages, how do you like it? Is the phone service reliable? Does the high-speed internet compare to Roadrunner?

Thanks for your help. :)

Carol
06-15-2007, 11:49 AM
I cannot help you with A T & T, Beth, but I can tell you we have a bundle through Optimum On-line and never have problems with our digital phone service.

Maybe it's more of a problem with Comcast??

MNNHFLTX
06-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the reply, Carol. We are leaning toward the bundle with AT&T. It's worth a try; hopefully their digital phone service will be an improvement over Time/Warner/Comcast (certainly can't be any worse).

thrillme
06-19-2007, 02:50 PM
I think they ALL have their good and bad. With whom can you get the best deal.

I just switched from AT&T to Time Warner because I got fed up with their lack of "service" my phones went out twice in the last 3 months and it took them over a week to get "scheduled" to get them fixed. Time Warner is out within a day or two to fix problems and if cabel is out they're there in hours.

I guess if my power goes out so does my phone but then my phone goes out ANYWAY because it's one of those kind that have to have power to operate ANYWAY. Alas...the entire family has cell phones so we've got 3 other phones should we really be desperate to chat.

MNNHFLTX
06-20-2007, 09:27 AM
I just switched from AT&T to Time Warner because I got fed up with their lack of "service" my phones went out twice in the last 3 months and it took them over a week to get "scheduled" to get them fixed. Time Warner is out within a day or two to fix problems and if cabel is out they're there in hours.It's interesting to hear your perspective. The lack of customer service with Time Warner is another reason we are looking to change companies. We have had so many service interruptions around here lately for everything--phones, internet, cable. I don't know if some of it is related to the changes they are making as they transition over to Comcast. And it's difficult just to get through to customer service as the lines are always busy, so I know I'm not the only one having problems. The clincher was losing our digital phone service going out on Monday evening and Time Warner saying that we could either wait for a service person to come out the following Sunday or bring the cable modem box in ourselves to exchange. We brought the modem in ourselves. :rolleyes: