PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plans

tyandskyesmom
06-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Ok, so I just made my ressies with MJ for Jan 1 - Jan 13, 2008 and since my 180 day mark is July 5th, which is the day we are back in reality from our hotel only trip to the World I immediately began to plan on our dining. We do not usually do a lot of TS but not for lack of wanting to. Since most of us will be there for 13 days (Lou will be joining us on the 5th) I am figuring we will have more time to enjoy the restaurants. Plus the kids are starting to eat better so it won't be as big a waste.

So I went from Jan 2007 park schedule for an estimate so days can and will be changed around if needed. Please give me any feedback on any and all of my choices and times...

Oh, and we will have the DDE to curb expense by 20% at many most of our eating ventures!

Tuesday---1/1/07

We'll either bring breakfast with us to the airport or get McDonalds while waiting. This is our usual routine.

Mama Melrose at around 4pm. We did this on our first trip with Tyler six years ago. We were not impressed at the time but my mom was there and we were having a real bad time back then so maybe it was us. I hear many up and down reviews about it but I think we want to give it another go. I was not going to get the Fantasmic package because I don't want to be limited in menu choices but I am thinking since it is New Years Day, maybe it would be a good idea...whadaya think???

I figured we'll grab snacks at MGM and/or back at Everything POP.

Wednesday---1/2/08

Breakfast at Ohana around 11am. This is new for us but basic enough that I have no doubt about the enjoyment factor here!

Snack at AK for lunch.

Dinner at Narccoossee's around 8pm. I wanted to do this after Lou get there but there is just too many other choices! This will be a new experience for us but I have heard so many good things!

Thursday---1/3/08

Breakfast at the Main Street Bakery. This will be new for us for breakfast, we usually just get desserts. I am looking forward to the French Toast Loaf...I think it sounds like something we will all like. Is it terribly crowded here in the morning like it is in the evening?

Lunch at Columbia Harbor House. This is a new one for us but you guys all give such rave reviews, I had to try it! The tuna sandwich sounds delish!

Dinner at The Plaza. I have been wanting to try this for a long time but Lou is not much of a sandwick guy so he has been avoiding it so I figured we'd go before he got there!

Friday---1/4/08Breakfast at Everything Pop. We love the Pop food court!

Restaurant Marrakesh at about 11am. Lou has not need to even try this place but I am extremely curious. I have tried the CS place in Morocco and the food was pretty good so I think we will like the TS one. Needless to say, we planned it for when Lou is not there.

For dinner we will either eat around World Showcase or at on of the Future World CS places.

Saturday---1-5-08 [Daddy arrives!!!

We will breakfast at Everything Pop again.

Lunch will be at Restaurantosaurus...I am sure the kids will be jonesing for for McNuggets by then!

Citricos for dinner around 8pm. We have never been here but in our quest to venture out, we find this place on the top of our list. It was actually between Citricos and Narcoossee's for waiting for Lou and Citricos won out. I am not sure why exactly but it did!

Sunday---1-6-08

Breakfast at Hollywood & Vine around 11am. We loved this one in November so we will repete it!

We'll snack for lunch.

Dinner probably at Backlot. This is our second favorite CS at MGM next to Pizza Planet so if the kids have their way we will be changing it.

Monday---1/7/08

Breakfast in the Castle (hopefully) around 8am. We have never been and we are all excited to do this one. We were going to last year but I figured I wanted to wait until Skye could fully appreciate it...now's the time!

Lunch at the Noodle Terrace hopefully...we loved this place the one time we were able to eat there...it is usually closed when we are there!

Dinner probably at Pecos Bill or Casey's depending on where we are and what we are doing.

Tuesday---1/8/08
Breakfast at Everything Pop again.

Lunch at Coral Reef at the first seating to maximize prime table chances and to minimize wait time...and yes, we believe there are bad seats! But we live the place...food, decor, atmosphere, and most of the time wait staff!

Dinner will be around World Showcase...if Lou could just do this he'd be a happy man! He'd eat his way around the world everyday if we'd let him!

Wednesday---1/9/08

Breakfast at the new Tuskerhouse around 10am. We are sad to see it leave as a CS so we are hoping for something great but we'll see...we did love Donald's before so if this is taking it's place maybe we won't be disappointed!

Lunch at Pizzafari.

Dinner at Kona Cafe around 8pm. Due to all the fabulous reviews on here I have wanted to go to Kona for our last two trips and it just did not work out but it will this time!

Thursday---1-10-08

Breakfast again at Main Street Bakery.

Lunch at Rose & Crown around 11am. We have never been but when Lou thinks of Epcot and maybe even WDW in general the first thing he thinks of is Fish & Chips!

Dinner at Seasons...love it!

Friday---1-11-08

Breakfast at Everything Pop again.

Lunch at Pizza Planet (probably again!)

Dinner at Brown Derby. I have been trying to get this one in for a long time too so I finally have...at least in theory, I'll let you know if it makes it for the long haul!

Saturday---1-12-08
Breakfast at Everything Pop yet again!

Lunch at the new Yak & Yeti (hopefully) around 11am.

Dinner around WS or at DD.

Sunday---1-13-08

Breakfast at Chef Mickey's around 11am. We loved this breakfast in December 2007 so had to do it again. Plus we will be near GF so we can run over and get our Photopass CD afterwards and then head to MK.

Lunch at Casey's Corner. Another of our favorites!

And Dinner will be McDonalds at the airport as usual!

KAT1811
06-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Sounds like a great plan. We really enjoy Mama's so hopefully you will too. We're trying Plaza this trip. I've heard good things!!!

bethsmith
06-15-2007, 07:40 AM
We just made our reservations for January too - 1st to the 10th. I'm working out the same things. I'm considering just having a list of places we want to eat and trying to fit them in while I'm on the phone. I think your plans sound great though and now I'm thinking Fantasmic might be a great idea for New Year's Day. We were originally thinking of going to Flying Fish Cafe the first night and hoping for something extra special on the boardwalk.
This will be our first time staying at Poly and I am soooooooo excited.
Only 199 days to go!

katzctkpt
06-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Sounds like you've planned well. Enjoy and hope you have a great time.
1900 Park Fare GF would be an alternate choice if Cinderella Breakfast doesn't work out.

tyandskyesmom
06-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Sounds like you've planned well. Enjoy and hope you have a great time.
1900 Park Fare GF would be an alternate choice if Cinderella Breakfast doesn't work out.

We're doing that in 18 more days so since we are trying to try new things I don't know that we'd go for it but if we like it when we are there it just might be a possibility!

Thanx! Any more comments/questions/advice is welcomed!

comicguy
06-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Your plans sound great. The only thing I would caution is Mama Melrose. We ate here this past Jan and were not impressed. The food was very blah and the service was pratically non-exsistant. By reading various reviews it seems that this restuarant is hit or miss. My meal was wonderful but my DS and DW meal were horrible. I took a taste of each and would not eat it and I am not a fussy eater:blush:

If you do decide to go there I hope you have a great meal.:mickey:

kaylamag
06-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Just curious, did you book your whole trip or just reserve your room? I thought you couldn't book until 2008 rates were released in July/Aug? I'm going in Jan. too and can't wait!

Natazu
06-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Looks good. Sounds like a great time. Make sure and report back on the new Tusker House!!

tyandskyesmom
06-19-2007, 01:04 PM
You know I just realized that I would probably enjoy the new Tusker House lunch/dinner menu better...plus we will see most of the same characters at Chef Mickey's on our last day so I think I'd rather see how the lunch/dinner buffet is played out...I'll make a not eto change that before i make my ADRs!

KAT1811
06-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Your plans sound great. The only thing I would caution is Mama Melrose.

We've eaten there quite a few times and have never had a problem. We really enjoy it and eat there every trip. I'd chance it. If you don't like it you don't have to go again. Every restaurant has a bad day now and then.

Mom2princesses
06-19-2007, 08:05 PM
I think your choices are great. If I am allowed to have a negative opinion I would also say that MM did not impress us either. The food was very bland and the service was not great. I wouldn't say it was horrible but I would not go back again.

tinksmom02
06-19-2007, 10:06 PM
:mickey: I think your plans sound great! You have lots of different places in there, and there's enough variety that everyone can find something new to love!!

kakn7294
06-19-2007, 10:31 PM
We ate at Mama Melrose in 2003 and really enjoyed it although I don't know if it was more because the food was good or because we were able to finally break away from our group for a meal. We're going back again in August for another try despite the bad reviews. Most of your other TS locations we haven't tried yet except Chef Mickey's which is great of course. Good luck to you on getting the Castle at the time you want. I didn't have any trouble getting it for lunch and then later changing it to dinner. Hopefully in Jan, you won't have any problems!

tyandskyesmom
07-13-2007, 12:59 PM
I got everything I wanted at the times I wanted calling on July 5 for most of them and than the following Saturday for the last two.

Both times I was told by the CM that they do not know when they will start taking ADRs for the new Tusker House or Yak & Yeti but to keep watching the web site because it should be soon.

Tuesday 1-1-08 Sci-Fi Dine In @ 3:00pm

Thursday 1-3-08 The Plaza @ 5:00pm

Friday 1-4-08 Restaurant Marrakesh @12:00pm

Saturday 1-5-08 Brown Derby @ 5:00pm

Sunday 1-6-08 Ohana @ 8:00am

Monday 1-7-08 Akershus @ 2:20pm
-and-
1900 Park Fare @8:00pm

Tuesday 1-8-08 Hollywood & Vine @ 11:05am

Thursday 1-10-08 Kona Café @ @ 8:15pm

Friday 1-11-08 Le Cellier @ 11:30am

Saturday 1-12-08 Coral Reef @ 11:30am

Sunday 1-13-08 Chef Mickey’s @ 11:00am

Of corse I still would like to hit lunch at Tusker House and Yak & Yeti so I will keep checking back...we love AK so it will not be a problem trying to fit it all in there...if they ever start taking ADRs for them!

And of course the 7th is the day I am going to try ti get Skye into the BBB in the castle for an early morning appointment (Ty may do the boy thing too!) so we will be doing all princesses all day!

SBETigg
07-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Great plan, and the Main Street Bakery is especially crowded in the morning- long wait, but very good.