PDA

View Full Version : Check-In: How early can it happen?

brianjdu4
06-14-2007, 03:48 PM
What have been your experiences with checking in before 3:00pm EST?

bleukarma
06-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Last time I was there I checked in around 8am and it was great! We just left our bags with the bell-hop and headed to the park. They give you a number to call to see if your room is ready and we called about 2 and they said it was ready and gave us which room #. When we went back to the resort for our afternoon nap we had them bring the bags up to our room. No hassle at all!!!

We plan on doing the same thing when we are there on Monday except we’re going to get there around 7am to get to MGM for EMH.

Have fun! :mickey:

SBETigg
06-14-2007, 04:24 PM
We've never had a problem checking in at 11 am or so.

Jasper
06-14-2007, 04:41 PM
There have been several threads in the last few months about this very question so you may want to do a search for more information from those threads.

However, in a nut shell, you can actually check in just about any time after 6:00 am which will activate your park tickets and the like. However, unless you get just amazingly lucky you will not actually get your room until mid or late afternoon. As the other poster already mentioned, you are given a telephone number to call to check when your room is ready. The last time we did this our tickets and room were all on the same card so there was no need to stand in line again at the resort to pickup your room key.

As for luggage, if you have a vehicle you can leave it there or if not you can give your luggage to the bell hop and they will store it.

kathiep
06-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Last September, we checked into CBR at 8:30am :thumbsup:

Granted, September is not a very busy time of year and CBR is very big, but we were thrilled.

We're going to try again this year. Worst thing that can happen is there's no room ready and we leave our things and head to the park until it is ready.

katzctkpt
06-14-2007, 11:04 PM
We checked in around 7:30 am last yr at POR and our room was already vacant what luck. Unloaded our car put stuff away in room and was on a bus to one of parks by 8:30 am. I don't recommend leaving luggage with bell hop we did that the 1st yr we went and it took a while to get our luggage. Nothing was missing or etc...they were just busy.

spoiledraf
06-15-2007, 04:52 AM
We checked in at GF at 7 last year. Bell services took our bags and the valet took our car. Didn't need a room so we went to breakfast and were at AK by 9. By the time we left the park, around 2:30, our room was ready.

CleveRocks
06-15-2007, 06:56 AM
3:00 p.m. is the time that they (hope to ) promise you your room will be ready. But Disney has no interest in keeping you out of your room if it's ready. If it's ready, you can have it any time after 6:00 a.m.

cgriff
06-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Ok, we have established that one can "check-in", store bags and activate tickets as early as 6am, and that you are provided with a phone number to call throughout the day to check on readiness of the room. DOES THAT MEAN YOU ARE GIVEN YOUR ROOM NUMBER AT THE TIME THAT YOU CHECK-IN? I've always been curious about that, and whether you get the best possible selection of rooms by checking in as early as possible on your day of arrival...???

cgriff

Amy_617
06-15-2007, 08:49 PM
We have really never had a problem checking in early. We have checked into POR at 6 a.m. and our room was ready. We took a nap and they headed out to the parks.

We have also checked into ASMus at 7 a.m. and our room was ready.

The only time we had to wait for a room was at POP. We checked in at 7 a.m. and our room wasn't ready...so we ate breakfast at the resort, left our bags in the car, and headed off to the parks.

We called back at about noon and our room was ready. And, by the way, this is when they give you your room number. We already had our room keys we just didn't know what room we were in until we called to see if it was ready.

I think it also has alot to do with the time of year that you are going. We always go during January or the first week in september. The crowds are lighter and there are more rooms available.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

Catzle
06-15-2007, 09:40 PM
No, I don't believe they will give you your room number until your room is ready. We just experienced this. We were checked in by noon, when I asked what room we were in, they said they weren't allowed to tell me until it was ready. We didn't get into the room until about 3:30, this is the longest we have ever waited. Last year we were in our room by 10 a.m.

Pirate Granny
06-15-2007, 11:37 PM
A few times (Sept and May) we arrived at 9am and were given the key to our room...yes, we got to go right to the room and freshen up...other times we had to wait until 3pm...we always plan not to be able to check in...last time it was a bit tricky as we planned to go to Blizzard Beach and had to bring our suits on the plane, and had to figure out how to bring the suntan lotion(s) and hair products/shower products as we were leaving BB and going directly to MK...but with planning and two beach bag type carry-on's we managed to get everything in the bags...we arrived back at the hotel around 10pm with the luggage in the room...ready for us to unpack and collapse into bed...a real disney day...
:pirate:

TiggerRPh
06-16-2007, 12:16 AM
What have been your experiences with checking in before 3:00pm EST?

It really depends on the resort and the time of year. I've been able to get into Polynesian as early as 11 AM but could not get into the Wilderness Lodge around the same time.

garymacd
06-16-2007, 10:57 AM
We checked into WL this past May 23 before 8 am without a problem. Not only did we have no problem, but our room was already ready - and we got a free upgrade - without even asking for it! Great way to celebrate our anniversary.

We have almost always checked in early at all the different resorts we have checked into, usually before 11 am with no trouble. They have always been accomodating and if our room wasn't ready, our bags were stored and brought up when the room was ready. (If you have a laptop computer, Bell Services stores them in a different area, more secure, so make certain that it arrives with the rest of your bags.)

The earliest we ever checked in was 3 am. Actually, it wasn't early it was very, very, very late after a delayed flight out of a blizzard. Our room was still ready and hadn't been given away.

I know this is slightly off-topic, but if you do arrive at MCO airport at that time of the morning and you intend to take Disney's Magical Express, get your own bags! Don't expect them to show up automatically until the later that day if you don't.