PDA

View Full Version : CarolinaWDWfan's June, 2007 Family Trip(Day 2)

CarolinaWDWFan
06-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Trip Dates: June 3, 2007 thru June 10, 2007

DH – Me, 37, a WDW fanatic since I was 16. I have visited WDW 30 times in the past ten years.
DW – 33, not as much of a fanatic as I am, has attended about half of my visits.
DS- 7, takes after his old man, a true fan with 12 visits since he was 9 months old.
DD – 15 months, grooming her to join her brother and Dad. This was her first visit.
DSIL – 38, has only made 3 trips in her life. Sad. Very sad.
DSIL – 24, First trip ever! Who raised these people!?!

Resort check-in: we left off with my plan to be at AS Sports at 7am. Like clockwork, my DS and I were standing in front of AS Sports at 7am. Obviously, there was no wait at all. So, DS went to watch cartoons while I checked in. Now, we had three room requests: (1). To be close to the main building without necessarily paying for a preferred room, (2). To have both rooms connecting or close to each other at least in the same building, (3). To have one of the rooms with a king size bed. As we all know, room requests are never guaranteed, so flexibility is the key. My request for a close building was met…we were in the Touchdown building:thumbsup:. My second request was also honored…we had connecting rooms…rooms 0340 and 0341:thumbsup:. My last request was, indeed, met….our room had a king size bed:thumbsup:. The only drawback…the rooms were not ready…not a drawback at all considering the were ready by 12pm. Now, this resort was packed due to Florida schools letting out previous week, the spillover from Memorial day week and the summer travel kick-off, so my strategy paid off. My recommendation: if you can schedule your travel plans to arrive at your resort early, do it. That is what helped me. A follow-up to that is we went back to the other hotel to gather the rest of the family, then went back to AS Sports to drop off a car and let the DSILs check out the pool. This was about 9am. Still now wait at the check-in line, so it is probably not necessary to get there as early as I did…but in my situation, it helped.

First park: Epcot. Following the advice of Intercot, we avoided MK as it was a Monday, one of the MK busy days, so we went to Epcot. DS and I went to check out our photo on the Leave a Legacy wall, which is our tradition. He was 9 months old when we had the photo taken. After that, Spaceship Earth. I am looking forward to seeing the Siemens enhancements, but being a former AT&T employee, it makes me a little sad to see it change:(. After that we went to fast pass Soarin’, Club Cool(Beverly..no matter how many times I have tasted it, I have to do it every trip even though it makes me want to toss my cookies:ack:…must be why they have the big trash cans by the dispensers..and we thought they were to dispose cups!), picked up a passport for DS and hit the World Showcase. We had never done every country one by one, so we were looking forward to this. First stop was Mexico. I love the Gran Fiesta. The old one was a little boring, but Donald brings this one to life. In Norway, Maelstrom was a walk-ons. I think this ride is a little underrated because the backwards-forewards and drops make it kind of cool. I also got to see what school bread was, didn't buy it though as no one in my group liked coconut and I could not eat that by myself. Many stamps, signatures, CS lunch in America and pictures later, we were in Canada. WS makes it a long day, so we headed back to the resort to rest and swim, but not before Soarin'. OMG, how realistic is that!! DS and I were on the top row and he loved it, although my palms got a little sweaty. Very cool, though and a must do attraction if you are not afraid of heights. Back at the resort, the main pool was very crowded and to my surprise the lifeguards were pretty lax. There were kids every taking running jumps into the 3 foot section of the pool. As a parent, I would not let that happen, but the written rules of the pool also state that is not supposed to be happening. Oh, well. We then went to the busy food court for a pizza to share, breadsticks and salad(we were not on the meal plan because we get a pretty nice discount on the rooms that does not qualify us to participate). Back to the rooms for a good night sleep as the next day it was EMH for MK!

Day 3….I have never seen the Dole whip line that long before, nor PoC and more!!

amy711
06-14-2007, 12:01 PM
I am happy that you got your requests. I can't wait to see the rest of your reports.:mickey:

January-2007
06-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the trip report. So glad to read that all 3 of your room requests were met, that's amazing! We'll try that next trip, to check in early in the morning like that, sounds like it worked like a charm. Can't wait to read more!

pdrlkr
06-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
06-15-2007, 05:52 AM
Good day! You got the rooms you wanted and covered lots of Epcot ground!

Lizzie
06-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the report. Thats great that you got the rooms you wanted.

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 11:06 AM
thanks for the report.

HndrdPrcnt
06-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Always great when you get your requests!!:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
06-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Sounds like a great day.

DisneyorBust
06-19-2007, 09:17 AM
I love it when a plan comes together! :mickey:Great day, thanks for sharing it with us!