PDA

View Full Version : CarolinaWDWfan's June, 2007 Family Trip(Day 1)

CarolinaWDWFan
06-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Trip Dates: June 3, 2007 thru June 10, 2007

DH – Me, 37, a WDW fanatic since I was 16. I have visited WDW 30 times in the past ten years.
DW – 33, not as much of a fanatic as I am, has attended about half of my visits.
DS- 7, takes after his old man, a true fan with 12 visits since he was 9 months old.
DD – 15 months, grooming her to join her brother and Dad. This was her first visit.
DSIL – 38, has only made 3 trips in her life. Sad. Very sad.
DSIL – 24, First trip ever! Who raised these people!?!

Departure day: we left out of Spartanburg, SC at 8am. We scheduled a stop a McDonalds in Columbia at 9am and then lunch in Savannah. Traveling with a 15 month old slowed us up so we did not arrive in Lake Buena Vista until 6pm. Our first night we were spending the night in the Comfort Inn on Palm Parkway. Not really impressed with this hotel at all! But, you get what you pay for…live and learn.

We decided to have dinner at Perkins at the Crossroads then go to Downtown Disney. DtD was jamming, people crowding World of Disney and the Lego store. I love DtD, especially when it is active like this. Of course, getting into Ghiradelli’s is impossible, one of the drawbacks. It is just really cool to watch people from all walks of life, relaxing, enjoying their surroundings and blocking out the outside world. That is what I love about staying on property…you get to mentally check out of the outside world.

After a quick trip to Once Upon a Toy(money was burning a hole in DS’ pocket), we headed back to the hotel. DS and I wanted to enjoy a dip in the pool. Like so many hotels, this was a swim at your own risk type of pool. When we approached it, we were hit with the over chlorinated smell…enough to make your eyes dry out. Before we turned around, we noticed a drunken party of about 50 people in and out of the pool. Again, we got what we paid for, but consider this a negative review of this hotel.

The next morning, the plan was for me to be at AllStar Sports at 7am. The idea was to make sure our room requests happened…stay tuned for Day 2 to see if I was successful!

January-2007
06-14-2007, 09:51 AM
I hope you do get all your requests the next morning! Thanks for the trip report, can't wait to read more.

amy711
06-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the report. I hope the rest of your trip was good and that you got your room requests.

scottgr
06-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks, I am sure day 2 will be better at the All Star:thumbsup:

MR.MIKE
06-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Too bad about the pool...i hate that chlorine overload... it really bothers my eyes.

Looking forward to hearing about the all stars. We always have fun there.

pdrlkr
06-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
06-15-2007, 05:48 AM
You got a nice taste of Disney Adventures to come with your trip to Downtown Disney!

Lizzie
06-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the report.

Bethis26fan
06-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Man you made really great time w/ stops. I live in York, SC about an hour NE of ya. Thanks for sharing your start, off to read more.

HndrdPrcnt
06-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Man oh man!! When you get used to Disney quality, nothing else seems to compare. So true that you get what you pay for! I am all about paying extra and being on the property and able to shut out the outside world!!:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
06-18-2007, 10:03 PM
I am so glad that you arrived safely and got some good purchases! Thanks so much for sharing your first day with us!:thumbsup:

realtreebar
06-18-2007, 10:34 PM
thanks!