PDA

View Full Version : How to do Epcot in a day??

TFrauts
06-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Hi there!! We will be at Disney for the first week of August! I really only want to spend 1 day at each of the parks! If we have extra time, we will definitey go a second day, but my question is, can anyone give me a 'rough itinerary' for doing Epcot in a day! I am mainly concerned with being able to get on all the rides, without the crazy line-ups....and taking full advantage of fast passes! We can always go back another day after animal kingdom, and do the shopping etc!! I would really like to be able to do the rides in one day!! Is this possible?? Does anyone have any tips about where to start the day, etc?? THanks sooo much!!

Bruegge
06-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Lets see... first, get there early... I'd get a fast pass for soarin... go to sea and do Nemo ride and turtle talk with crush. If I had time, hit imaginations (no line in may when I was in) Then I'd go do Spaceship earth .... if my fast pass time was up... I'd get a fast pass again for test track then go ride soarin... ... while waiting for Test track... I'd do energy with what's her name... or the land boat ride. Sorry Mission space isn't on my list..... DW flies for a living and gets motion sickness that type of sitch...

By then the world would be open and I'd sneak a fast bite and ride the mexico and Norway boats if time.... and lines permitted.

This is all in a perfect world with perfect timing.... but i'ts how I'd do it....

Now watch everyone kick my butt.... and shot down my plan

Scott

dixielandings
06-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Get there early. Go straight to Soarin' for FPs. Then queue up for Living with the Land. Go to Mission: Space - the line there is never long anymore. Depending on when your Soarin' return time is you can get a FP for Test Track before returning to the Land. Universe of Energy is a long ride (about 45 minutes) but the line is always short. After you ride Soarin', go ahead a get in line for Nemo - there's no FP, the line will be long, but it generally moves quick. You can hit Imagination and Spaceship Earth then (usually short lines - SE is most crowded at opening) before heading to World Showcase. Go to Norway for a Maelstrom FP, then backtrack and go to Mexico for the Gran Fiesta Tour. Spend the rest of the day strolling the WS promenade and be sure to see the films in American Adventure, France, and Canada.

GAN
06-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Here is what I suggest:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=unofficial+guide+to+walt+disney+world&category0=

Get yourself a copy, you'll find plenty of usefull advise and touring plans for all the parks.

GrmGrninGost
06-15-2007, 11:09 AM
EPCOT needs to be done over 2 days. It is essentially 2 parks. You have Future World and World Showcase. Both require a day ( or more ) for full exploration! There is so much to do and so much detail to take in, I can't imagine doing it all in one day!:mickey:

BelleBeauty
06-15-2007, 11:21 AM
I think you can do enough in 1 day at EPCOT to satisfy yourself. Get there before the park opens and make sure you are one of the first in. Send someone right over to Soarin' to get FPs and the rest of your party should head to The Sea with Nemo & Friends. Go back to Soarin' for your FP. Hop into the Imagination Pavilion for Honey I Shrunk the Audience or JIYI if you want.

Grab a FP for either Mission Space or Test Track, whichever if the shortest wait (we don't do MS, but this is my suggestion). If you FP MS, try to single rider line in TT is everyone in your party is old enough to ride by themselves. While waiting for the FP try Ellen's Energy Adventure if you are game.

Head into WS, starting out in whatever direction is closest to your chosen lunch location. During really hot months, we like to eat early at the CS place in the American pavilion. Take in a few of the movies, boat ride in Norway, check out the new ride in Mexico.

Fill in gaps and or repeat before dinner. If you take a break mid-day, stop at SE before leaving. If not, head on SE before dinner. We don't like to do this right away as people stop here as soon as they enter the park. It also gets crowded right as people exit the park. Have dinner at one of the fabulous restaurants, we always try Rose & Crown for patio seating for Illuminations.

If you don't eat somewhere with preferred viewing for Illuminations, then make sure you allow at least an hour before the show to mark out a spot. If we sit around the lagoon I always get a pastry from France to enjoy! Watch the show, finish your dinner and/or exit the park!

It will be a long day and you won't get to see all there is to see, but I'm sure it will satisfy your EPCOT craving! :mickey:

Eyore's Wife
06-15-2007, 11:28 AM
I, personally, don't think Epcot can be done in one day. Of course, it is my favorite park! Three of its rides are extremely popular - Mission Space (I never miss this one!), Test Track, and Soaring. Use your fastpasses for those three. When we go, we always end up at Epcot at least two full days and we usually go back to Epcot in the evening after spending most of the day in another park. But, like I said, it's my favorite!

emmingo
06-15-2007, 01:22 PM
:ditto:

I don't think you can do Epcot in one day, but if you HAVE to...make sure you hit the stuff you want to hit on your way in, and then save World Showcase for dinnertime. Last time we were there, we did the front of Epcot in one day, then sped through World Showcase to Rose & Crown for dinner and watched Illuminations while eating on their balcony, but we missed Soarin.

If there is EMH after Epcot park close, you could always leave one big ride like Soarin' until you have a free night/morning and just do that the next day.

grumpycajun
06-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Another :ditto: I can't imagine having only one day to do Epcot. But, If I had to I would start early and hit Spaceship Earth first. Then I'd get a fast pass for soarin' and do Mission Space and Test Track (not necessarily in that order). The I'd hit World Showcase for as long as I could. Lastly, I'd hit Spaceship Earth again as a farewell.

indytraveler
06-15-2007, 05:24 PM
I'd change a few things but for the most part you're wanting to ride the rides. Be first in the park!!
I do Test Track first b/c of bad weather and breaking down. This is a must ride. Not everyone does the Energy thing or MS so as one part of our group rides this the other gets the FP's for Soarin. Head to the seas for Nemo. Do imagination with Figment. Ride Soarin w/ FP. Do Mexico and Norway rides. SE is usually a no line ride so we tend to save it for when we can't use FP's.

By doing all the rides you will miss out on what each country has to offer but you'll still have a great time on all the thrill rides that Epcot offers.

I find that AK is a 1/2 day park so you could get back to do the WS part on that other 1/2 day.

Good Luck.

ibrowse17
06-15-2007, 05:43 PM
I would rethink this 1 day for a park idea. You will have a much more enjoyable visit if you do not rush and push so much. Epcot takes 2 days. Smell the roses.

Jared
06-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Epcot is the most difficult park to see in only one day. I understand you want to experience all four parks, but I suggest rethinking your strategy. Your family will have much more fun if you relax and move slower.

But if you want to see Epcot in one day, prepare to leave absolutely exhausted.

Arrive early and rush to obtain FASTPASSes for Soarin'. Next, cross to the other side of Future World for Test Track and Mission: SPACE (if applicable).

While in Future World, make sure to ride Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!, and The Seas with Nemo & Friends. My family loves the Universe of Energy, but not everyone enjoys the attraction.

Sunshine Seasons is my favorite counter service restaurant in Epcot for lunch.

After Future World, tour the World Showcase. Pick a nice restaurant for dinner in one of the pavilions. End the day with IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.

I'm tired just thinking about your day.