PDA

View Full Version : Tour guide Mike

coachgoofy
06-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Has anyone used this? it was suggested by one intercot member, but we wanted to know if anyone else has use this service?:pepe::goofy2::smickey::bball:

WDWfeelslikehome
06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Yes I have been using it to plan for our upcoming trip, Next Week:cloud9:! It has been useful, especially the section that tells you what parks to avoid, and what parks are likely less crowded, during mornings and evenings for each day of your stay. That info alone was worth the $18. for me. There is a discount that you can get from another board site by registering for Tour Guide Mike through their site, if you haven't found it send me a message, I don't think we can post it here.:secret:

KAJUNKING
06-14-2007, 04:34 PM
ive heard a lot of people say that Touring Plans is a better plan, its from the authors of the unofficial guide, it also gives you which parks to avoid, and attendance levels on a 1-10 scale, and like hundreds of different plans, i plan on using it for our sept trip

LuckyMum22
06-14-2007, 04:41 PM
ive heard a lot of people say that Touring Plans is a better plan, its from the authors of the unofficial guide, it also gives you which parks to avoid, and attendance levels on a 1-10 scale, and like hundreds of different plans, i plan on using it for our sept trip

ditto...Their website lets you peak around for awhile before charging you. These guys also do a very popular podcast which is outstanding. You give them 20 minutes and they give you the world!
I'm not sure we're allowed to say anything about that either so P.M. me if you are interested. I'd definitely go with the one mentioned here above though!

KAJUNKING
06-14-2007, 04:51 PM
ditto...Their website lets you peak around for awhile before charging you. These guys also do a very popular podcast which is outstanding. You give them 20 minutes and they give you the world!
I'm not sure we're allowed to say anything about that either so P.M. me if you are interested. I'd definitely go with the one mentioned here above though!

i really love the podcast, i listen to every episode, like you im not sure if we are supose to mention it here, so anyone can pm me as well for the name of the podcast

Jasper
06-14-2007, 05:31 PM
I am going to be the wet blanket here and say that I disagree on its value. We tried it and frankly found the same and better information for free here on Intercot.

Harriet
06-16-2007, 11:58 AM
I found this very worthless IMHO Things were always posted too late and sometimes not correct. I get better information from Intersot,Passporter and one other site I go to. Save your money.

pook@wdw
06-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Are we talking about my DH here?:funny: That's what we call him...Tour Guide Mikey! He is the best @ planning, booking, and getting around the World!:thumbsup:

LoriMistress
06-16-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm a member of TGM and it's worth every single penny. It's not expensive (as much as you would pay for a guide book at a book store.) It's one of the best sites ever!!! I thought I I knew all the in's and out's of the parks. But I was dead wrong! I know you can get a $3 off discount when you sign up for his site. I believe they have a discount on this site.

KAJUNKING
06-16-2007, 08:15 PM
the cost for touring plans is $7.95 per year and they have sample plans that you can look at before you suscribe,and comes with a 45 day money back garuntee

beksy
06-20-2007, 11:30 AM
I might be alone here, but I've never heard of this! :confused: Could someone give me more info (through PM it looks like!). I am a Type-A planner and like to know about anything like this (probably why I'm up to 5 guide books and counting!). Thanks! :mickey:

kakn7294
06-20-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't understand what is in these "plans" that makes it worth the money. Isn't it all stuff that I can find either here on Intercot or on other Disney websites for free like Jasper said?

KAJUNKING
06-20-2007, 01:10 PM
I don't understand what is in these "plans" that makes it worth the money. Isn't it all stuff that I can find either here on Intercot or on other Disney websites for free like Jasper said?

you get a real good idea of a lot of things on intercot, and believe me i love intercot and suggest it to everyone, but this is like step by step plans on how to attack parks, depending on your family, you can go to the site touring plans and they have sample touring plans for you to review before you subscribe

kakn7294
06-20-2007, 03:04 PM
you get a real good idea of a lot of things on intercot, and believe me i love intercot and suggest it to everyone, but this is like step by step plans on how to attack parks, depending on your family, you can go to the site touringplans and they have sample touring plans for you to review before you subscribe
But if I don't use a "plan" and don't like to have my whole day laid out, then these would be useless to someone like me? My only "planning" involves researching park, parade, fireworks and special event hours, checking for scheduled rehabs, setting up a schedule of where we will start each day, and ADR's.

KAJUNKING
06-20-2007, 03:14 PM
But if I don't use a "plan" and don't like to have my whole day laid out, then these would be useless to someone like me? My only "planning" involves researching park, parade, fireworks and special event hours, checking for scheduled rehabs, setting up a schedule of where we will start each day, and ADR's.

if your not a planner than it may not help you, im not a big planner but i may use the first couple steps of the plan for that day, it also gives you a calander and rated which days are the busiest, which parks to avoid, and things like that, you do not have to subscribe to the site for that but you do have to have the book, to get into that section it will ask you whats the last word of the first paragraph on pg 16, and things like that to get in. hope this helps