Sister-in-law Pam 38
Brother-in-law Freddie 38
Nieces
Kayla 14 Been a few times
Victoria 5 Been 3 times
Carleigh 1 First trip
Cousin
Ashley 16 been to Disney before

Free day we sleep in and it is so nice….. We are still up and ready by 9:00 am. We call Pam to see if anyone is going with us and find out that Victoria and Pam are ready to go to Downtown with us. We decide to take our truck with us since we need to be back by 12:30 for lunch at Whispering Canyon. We get to downtown Disney early right after 10:00 am and are off and looking. We hit the Pooh and Tigger store and I found a real cool Tigger shirt and Sherrie bought it. It is real cool and has Tigger on the front in color and he is bouncing as Tiggers do. We then went to the Christmas store and looked around. Off to the Art of Disney but found nothing. We then head to the World of Disney store and bought a ton of stuff. 2 kitchen towels 1 bag of Pooh and Tigger pasta, a new Mickey utensil, an antenna topper for my Dad. A 2007 license plate and more that I cant remember……..
We decide that we are going to run to the outlet store again one more time….. And really don’t find much so it is back to the resort for lunch.
We meet up in the lobby and are seated quickly. Of course we got the all you care to eat skillet. Very good …Freddy was the first to ask for a refill for his drink and got the BIG cup…….. He did not know about that. Victoria had a good time riding the horses and everyone enjoyed the meal even though Carleigh got a hold of 2 little plates and crashed them to the floor. Yep everyone in the restaurant was looking at us………..
After dinner we let the food settle and then Victoria wanted to go swimming so that was up next on the agenda. She swam in the Lodge pool and went down the slide for a while and I went in for a while and then hit the hot tub. Victoria wanted to go over to the lodge pool so we moved over there and we swam for a while. We got out and took showers since we were going to go eat at Beaches and Cream. After getting ready we called and they still need an hour to get ready so we told them we were just going to head over there and eat. We did and one of our goals this trip was to take pictures of our meals well as of yet we had not taken any pictures and this was our last meal…… Well at least we got one picture of a meal. One thing I have to add here is Beaches and Cream no longer had the Lime Ricky drink and that stinks….. We had our meal and headed back to the Lodge and Villas to pack and get ready to leave tomorrow morning.

Final thoughts

First off I survived a trip with 6 females and one of them was 16 months old.

Things we did not get to do: I never made it to Trails End restaurant which we do every trip. We did not get to the Campfire program that I really wanted to do. We still have not made it to the Boardwalk at night yet.

I was not happy to see that the Wilderness Lodge had no one at the bus stop in the morning to monitor the need for buses. I will say that on our last day I did see someone out there. We only saw one day that had a problem and that was the first Animal Kingdom bus of the morning.

We did see the Hybrid bus running from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness. I did get to talk to one bus driver that was training another one and we had a great talk. From him I would believe that you will see more Hybrid busses in the near future.

A quick dining report…. We did Ohanas and it was great… I can say no more… we will return again. Whispering Canyon Café- Same as it …always been good……. Beaches and Cream- Burger was as good as ever.
Other than that we only did counter service and I have nothing but good to say…. The Pizzas at Roaring Forks were a pleasant surprise much better than in the past.

In parting We have 155 days and 10 hours 7 minutes and 56 seconds till our next trip………

:cop: :tigger:

faline
06-14-2007, 05:40 AM
Sorry you missed out on a few things - guess they'll have to go on the agenda for your next trip!

I'll be looking forward to reading your next installment of reports! They're always such a good read!

January-2007
06-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Sounds like a great free day. Was Downtown Disney crowded in the morning when you went? It was always so crowded when we went in the evening last trip, I was thinking maybe in the morning or even afternoon it would be less crowded? Thanks for the report, swimming at the Wilderness Lodge pool, what fun!

MsMin
06-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Your reports make me want to go... My girls have a meltdown if I leave the room before them and they have a 2hr makeup session and change outfits a couple times before leaving. I did wait for them last time at the Fountainview Bakery which was better than standing behind them saying yep that's great lets go...
P.S. 118days 21hrs 0min 18 secs here :razz:

SgtTigger
06-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Was Downtown Disney crowded in the morning when you went?

Nope it was great yes thay had people but we drove and parked right in the first row..... crowds were very thin that early....

Fountainview Bakery

You know that is still closed.... the only place to eat and breakfast is in the land......

:cop: :tigger:

pdrlkr
06-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

disneydrmr
06-15-2007, 09:36 AM
What a wonderful trip! I'm sure your countdown will move quickly and you'll be back to the World before you know it!

MauiMouse
06-16-2007, 11:15 AM
A very nice and relaxing day today, Bret. I've never eaten at Beaches & Cream, but would like to some day. Thanks again for your reports. I enjoyed reading each one. :mickey:

Lizzie
06-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks for all your reports.

RedSoxFan
06-16-2007, 09:36 PM
I really enjoyed reading all your trip reports. Sounds like you guys had a great time.:mickey:

Here we go again...
06-17-2007, 03:16 AM
Time sure flies when you are in the World! That seemed like the fastest trip ever. I do have to say that you are quite a trooper to go with that many women. :mickey:

Hmmmm.... let's see. I am going in just 2 weeks!! :beer:

Bethis26fan
06-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip, sounds like a great one.

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 10:33 AM
thanks!