PDA

View Full Version : The First time with 3 nieces trip....... Day 1 Blizzard Beach

SgtTigger
06-13-2007, 09:28 PM
The First time with 3 nieces trip....... Day 1 Blizzard Beach

June 3 through 8th

Cast Me Sgttigger Bret 40
Wife Sherrie 40
Sister-in-law Pam 38
Brother-in-law Freddie 38
Nieces
Kayla 14 Been a few times
Victoria 5 Been 3 times
Carleigh 1 First trip
Cousin
Ashley 16 been to Disney before

Day 1 Blizzard Beach

We are up early and by 7:30 we call the Lodge to check on the family….. Yep still asleep so off we go. We arrive just about 8:00 am for early entry and are in the gates and getting our spot. After dropping off our stuff and putting on sunscreen we are on the lift for the top of the mountain. We went down Teamboat Springs and did with no wait, we did it again 2 more times each without any wait. We hit the lazy river and a bunch of others slides all before 10:00 am. After a time in the wave pool it was time to eat. We had lunch and relaxed for awhile. We had a great spot in the shade right next to the wave pool. We people watched for a while which is when I noticed some of the staff running through the park. I noticed they ran not too far from where we were. I could hear sirens and soon Ready Creek EMS was on the scene. They did take someone out on a stretcher. After that we then hit the lazy river one more time. About that time the kids and their parents showed up and I was done for the day. I left Sherrie and headed for the room. I had my first experience with the talking bus on the trip back to the Villas. I liked it much better before when the bus driver talked but I guess I can live with it. After a shower I roamed around the Wilderness Lodge for a while and stopped in the Mercantile to look around. Sherrie called and said she was on her way back. After she got back we hit Roaring Forks where I got Flatbread Pizza and Sherrie got chicken nuggets. Pizza was good and a little bigger than the old pizzas. Once again we wanted to take pictures of all our meals and forgot…… We meet the family down in the lobby of the lodge and Kayla and Ashley had caricatures done but they were way down on the list and we were ready to turn in so off to bed for us.

:cop: :tigger:

faline
06-14-2007, 05:31 AM
If that was June 4th, I remember hearing a lot of sirens in the early afternoon. I wonder if that was the same incident! Hope whoever had an issue is okay!

Sounds like the rest of your family is running on a different clock!

January-2007
06-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the report. We haven't been to Blizzard Beach yet, glad you had a good time.

MsMin
06-14-2007, 10:24 AM
I can just imagine you floating on the lazy river ...
Sounds like a great day..

Lizzie
06-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the report.

DisneyorBust
06-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Wow, you guys were able to get a lot accomplished by 10 am! What a great day!

pdrlkr
06-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

disneydrmr
06-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Sounds like you had fun! Wondering if your family ever get in synch with your vacation clock? :mickey:

MauiMouse
06-16-2007, 11:09 AM
I've yet to visit a water park at Disney, but it sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for the report, Bret. :mickey:

Here we go again...
06-17-2007, 03:01 AM
Sounds like a great day!
We are hoping to get back to the water park in July. You forget how relaxing that lazy river can be.
Off to day 2!

Bethis26fan
06-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Wow what a busy morning. Sounds like a great day.

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 10:35 AM
thanks for the report!