PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella Castle

Cozfamilyof6
06-13-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm sure these questions have been asked a thousand times.....we just booked CInderella breakfast at the castle in November.

Is it worth the price and/or two table services dining credits?

Does Cinderella come to the tables? Is she there for every meal at the castle?

Many thanks for the info.

AuntDJ
06-13-2007, 07:36 PM
We were there last year (for breakfast), Cinderella was in the lobby area greeting visitors for pics and autographs.

She did not visit us in the dining area. We had visits with Snow White; Alice and Belle and the fairy Godmother during breakfasts.

I am sure others will be along shortly for who visits at other meals..

Personally, I did not think the food was worth 2 TS credits; however, if you were to ask my 8 year old, she thought it was worth whatever and it was just GREAT! I recently made the statement that I thought the Norway breakfast was better and she did not think so.... So for that reason I would do it again!!!

On a side note, Norway is a great princess breakfast as well...the 8 year old also agrees with this...

Enjoy!

DJ

moe513
06-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Cinderella is only in the lobby were you have your pictures taken. Up stairs there was Belle in her blue dress,snow white,the fairy godmother, and aurura. The food is very good. Its a great experience but it costs$$$$.

hootch
06-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Worth the money is relative question. Without going into details, CRT was a must for me in a trade-off with my wife for this years' trip. The food was actually pretty good. Maybe a little heavy mid summer but good. But the look in my daughters' eyes with Cinderella downstairs and Aurora and Snow White upstairs made it worth the money.

We're going back next week.

avantgardeinker
06-14-2007, 09:44 AM
It's not just a character meal for me... It's being in the castle. The decor is incredible. Be sure to go to the window and look out at Fantasyland. It's magical. As for the money. Your pictures are included in the price and being up close with Cinderella is wonderful. When we went for breakfast we had Princess Aurora, Mary Poppins, Snow White and the Fairy Godmother. A friend of mine just went last week and she said Mary Poppins was not there, but I can't remember who was there in her place. All the kids also get a magic wand and a wishing star. I can't wait to take my little princess in Dec. DH is a little bitter about using 2 TS credits for it, but it's totally worth it to me. To see my daughter's face light up when she see's her favorite princesses is priceless to me. So, really it's all relative. If you've never done it before, you should definitely do it just for the experience. If it's not worth it to you, at least you'll know for yourself and not miss out on the experience because you took someone else's advice.

175 more days!!
:mickey:

pshokie
06-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Agree with everyone, it is a personal choice, and to us it is definitely worth the $$$. It is on our "must do" list for the next year. Although, personally, I would not use the TS credits for this. I would just pay OOP, I think your credits and money go further that way.

As for Characters, I think I see a theme here, so until someone proves it wrong I will go with it. Here ar ethe "attendees" at CRT for breakfast this past May 7, 2007:

Standards:
Cinderella - downstairs for Great & Photo only
Fairy Godmother - upstairs (leads the "wish" at the end)
Snow White - upstairs

Rotation:
Belle - upstairs, in blue dress
Aurora - upstairs

Based on other posts, I would place Mary Poppins and Alice on the rotation list. I do not know of any others that rotate (I think I saw Jasmine listed somewhere long ago?) , but you only get a grand total of 4 upstairs. again, I have nothing to base this on excpet for the fact the FGM & SW seem to be at everyones.

As for the food, if you forget the $$ for a moment, it was actually quite good. Rolls & breads, & fruits as appitizers, then eggs, sausage, potatoes, etc, for the meal. And we even got complimentry french toast sticks for our 1 yo "prince".

And I loved being refered to as "My Lord" all morning.

Yes my Lord. Of course, my Lord. Right away, my Lord. :cool:

momof2girls
06-14-2007, 10:47 AM
I definitely think that it is worth it to do it at least once! We did the lunch in October and are doing breakfast this December. The look on my daughters faces are absolutely priceless and, the way I look at it, we're only going to have these days once!! :cloud9:
As for the characters we saw, Cinderella was in the lobby and then upstairs we had Jasmine, Snow White, Fairy Godmother and Belle in her blue dress.
We also did the Norway breakfast where we saw Belle in her gold dress at the door and then Mulan, Aurora, Jasmine and Snow White.
My DDs want to go to Park Fare next time so they can see Mary Poppins and Alice!! :thumbsup:

pshokie
06-14-2007, 11:00 AM
As for the characters we saw, Cinderella was in the lobby and then upstairs we had Jasmine, Snow White, Fairy Godmother and Belle in her blue dress.

See?!?! I knew someone would step up and put Jasmine in the CRT rotation! Thanks momof2girls! :thumbsup:

Cozfamilyof6
06-14-2007, 11:09 AM
I have 4 children - son is 6 yrs - twin girls 3 yrs and a 5 month old girl. I think (no, I KNOW) the twin girls will go nuts when they see Cinderella and the other princesses. And I think my son will get a kick out of it too. We did O'Hana with Lilo and Stitch last year and Crystal Palace with WInnie the Pooh and friends and the kids had a ball - they lit up every time they saw the characters and had their pictures taken with them. So I think we'll do it - the money is a non-issue when it comes to making memories with our children.

THanks again!

Cheryl

katzctkpt
06-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Oh, I wanted to do this so bad this yr and started calling as soon as our ressies were made at POR back in March but, no luck. We leave in 7 days. Has anyone gotten ressies once they were already in Disney by calling at 7 am in the morning from the resort?

TFrauts
06-15-2007, 05:49 AM
katzctkpt - I was asking questions a while back about where do go...what to do etc!! We are going for our honeymoon....so these answers were more related to that...but 2 different people told me that there were at the park before opening, and a castmember asked if anyone wanted to come in for breakfast at the castle because there had been cancellations!! I would try calling first...but if no luck, try showing up early before they start letting people in, maybe you'll get lucky!!

Hayden's Dad
06-15-2007, 09:57 AM
We make this a must place for us to do. As someone said earlier, it's not just the food you are going for it's the atmosphere. You are eating inside Cinderella's Castle!! Plus our little 2yr old son gets loved on by the princessess.

GrmGrninGost
06-15-2007, 10:07 AM
I love CRT! I would pay out of pocket. I believe you get better value by not using 2 TS credits on this one meal. But, by all means, do go! Enjoy!:mickey:

r4kids
06-15-2007, 01:06 PM
[quote

And I loved being refered to as "My Lord" all morning.

Yes my Lord. Of course, my Lord. Right away, my Lord. :cool:[/quote]

LOL this is so funny!

Mrs Grumpy
06-15-2007, 01:27 PM
I have read elsewhere that the characters are not there for dinner is that correct? How about lunch? Also, it is just my DH and I and we are in our mid 30's are there other people that go without kids? I know everyone is a kid at WDW so I should know the answer.

Goes4FastPass
06-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Last week we had 2 dinners that you might want to consider as alternatives (each 'cost' one DDP table service credit)...

1900 Park Fare. (Grand Floridian) My wife called it the best buffet we've had yet at WDW and considerablt better than expected. While the 7YO girl in our group very much enjoyed having Cinderella and Suzy and Perla vist our table all she could talk about afterwards was Prince Charming.

Akershus. (Epcor/Norway) Castle-like setting, very good food. We had Belle in her ball gown for a 'formal posed' portrait we we entered and were visited by Ariel, Snow White, Aurora and Cinderella (princesses rotate.

Hayden's Dad
06-15-2007, 04:33 PM
As far as going as just a couple. This was my wife and I's favorite long before our son was born, now it is even more so. We were there eating by the window when the fireworks started. Not the best place to view them but an awesome memory.

DisneyDiva20
06-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Cinderella is usually on the main floor greeting to while you are waiting to be seated , its so cute how the waiters and waitresses will call you prince or princess and I believe it is a wonderful experience, depending on where you are seated you enjoy a wonderful view of the park, the only thing that made me laugh though was the mickey mouse butter statue in the middle of our table, it was so cute I didn't want to use is for my bread:cool:

pshokie
06-19-2007, 02:19 PM
We make this a must place for us to do. As someone said earlier, it's not just the food you are going for it's the atmosphere. You are eating inside Cinderella's Castle!! Plus our little 2yr old son gets loved on by the princessess.

This should be a warning for all parents of little boys. The Princesses like little girls, but they L-O-V-E little boys. We went with my 10 mo DS and 4 yo DD. They were very nice and friendly with her, but for him?!??!?

Can you say D-A-W-G???? He was such the little lady/princess killer. He even caused Snow White to loose her high pitched voice (just for a moment she spoke "normal"). She was rubbing his head saying how cute he was, and he was just smiling and giggling.....

Again, can you say D-A-W-G????

Of course, I just look at my DW and say, that's my boy! :D