PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone like Tony's Town Square?

DisneyFreak23
06-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Does anyone like Tony's Town Square Resturaunt? I have seen several bad reviews and i was wondering if anyone actually likes that place.And if you do like
it what is your favorite meal?
thanks!

:mickey3:

:stitch:

Friend of Figment
06-14-2007, 01:16 AM
I like it. My favorite times have been the nights of the Christmas Party. If you eat at about 5, you finish up just as the snow starts to fall.

I like the steak and the spaghetti. It's not real Italian food, but it is fine and the atmosphere is good.

jefmblrd
06-14-2007, 04:52 AM
I've eaten there once and wouldn't go back. While it was fun sitting next to a statue of Lady and the Tramp, the food was way below average. We had lasagna and baked ziti, and it tasted like the stuff you would buy in the frozen food case at the grocery store. There are some great restaurants at Disney; however, this is not one of them.

Mom2princesses
06-14-2007, 08:00 AM
The last time we were in WDW was 5 years ago. Wow where did the time go? We ate at Tony's and it was great. The food was awesome. This was after we ate at Mama Melrose and we hated the food there. I too have read some of the reviews but we are still going to eat there this August. I see that the menu has been changed and it has much more fewer options. So we shall see but the place is always packed so I don't think it can be that bad. We also went there for breakfast a couple of times when they served it and that was geat too.

You have to take what everyone says with a grain of salt. Everyone has different tastes. I don't think there is one resturant mentioned on here that someone doesn't like.

Guess I will find out when we go in August. We will be eating at Tony's one day at the MK and at LTT our second day in the MK.

Checkers
06-14-2007, 10:10 AM
:mickey:When we last ate at Tony's it was approximately 3 yrs. ago and we swore we would never go back. Not only were we treated badly, the food was not up to par. The selections were very poor. We had ADRs and checked in and kept watching as they were taking people off the street and finally, I went and asked if there was a problem with our reservation and they looked at me like I was stupid (we were seated right by the check-in counter so they knew we were there). After being seated the service was so bad I asked to talk to the manager but when the food came it was just not worth the wait. Oh, we did get a "free" nonalcoholic drink with a specialty mug but would have much rather just had good food and service. Maybe sometime in the future we will give them another try but not anytime soon!:(

milhouse
06-14-2007, 10:41 AM
We ate at Tony's in May and had a very good meal. My steak was very tasty. We were seated right away and the service was above average. We would go back.

From our dinners on our trip:

we liked:
Concouse Staekhouse
Tonys
Liberty Tree Tavern

did not like (or probably won't go back to):
Coral Reef
Mama Melroses
50' Prime time

r4kids
06-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Not at all, food was chilly, and something you can get at Ruby Tuesday or a similar place. I really wish they would add some more TS rest. to Magic Kingdom.

pshokie
06-14-2007, 10:55 AM
From our dinners on our trip:

we liked:
Concouse Staekhouse
Tonys
Liberty Tree Tavern

did not like (or probably won't go back to):
Coral Reef
Mama Melroses
50' Prime time

Ha! Too funny!
We liked:
Coral Reef

Did not like (or probably won't go back to):
Concouse Steakhouse

And DisneyFreak23, this is for you. Trust your instincts. Milhouse and I just made a very good point for you. Everyone has very different experiences at all restaurants. We liked Coral Reef, Milhouse didn't. And vice versa for Concourse. :goodbad: I think the best thing is to go in with tempered expectations, and just enjoy yourself. I feel like when we went into a restaurant (Concourse for us) with a "I dunno, I read some reviews..." attitude, it more or less came true. Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy.

So relax, look at the menu, and if it looks good to you, book it! Put on a good attitude and I bet it will be one of your best dining experiences! :thumbsup:

dog-ears
06-14-2007, 05:42 PM
We've only been there for breakfast but thought that it was good :)

Namine'
06-14-2007, 05:49 PM
We've only been there for breakfast but thought that it was good :)

:ditto: We had breakfast several times there and I thought it was good.

katzctkpt
06-14-2007, 10:53 PM
We ate lunch there with no ressies last yr and thought the food was good. Would definately go back.

TiggerRPh
06-15-2007, 12:59 AM
We've gone there on every trip and really never had a bad experience there....we love the place.

Marker
06-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes, we like it. We like it a lot.

threeh
06-15-2007, 03:26 PM
I like Tony's!!!:number1:

I've eaten there on 2 trips, once was the nights of MNSSHP. I really like the food, the atmosphere is really cute with all the lday and the tramp stuff. Our first trip we finished eating right before Spectro magic and were able to watch the parade from the porch, that was really nice. that might be why it has a special place in my heart, it was like one of the first places we ate on our first trip... any who, yes, I like Tony's!!!

Happy planning!!!

PrincessCandaceMarie
06-15-2007, 04:27 PM
I love eating at Tony's, and okay, (since I'm Italian I can't comment on the food per se) but I did like it and had lunch and dinner there. And I even got to have Goofy join me for my dinner - for the entire meal!!! It was great and I always make it a point to eat there when I'm at the MK; everyone has good and bad experiences, so it's up to you! :thumbsup:

moe513
06-15-2007, 06:02 PM
We had lunch there once. It was okay. Nothing to make us go back.

tadshome
06-15-2007, 06:33 PM
We loved Tonys :thumbsup:
The calamari was great and the spaghetti and meatballs were wonderful.

Going back this year and we can't wait :number1: