PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Question

big blue and hairy
06-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Since this is the first time DW and I haven't driven to WDW, I was wondering, about how long it has taken folks to get to the resorts on the Magical Express bus.

Thanks.

:sulley:

disneycouple2004
06-13-2007, 05:29 PM
From the airport i would say the longest ride was about 35 min. It goes by fast because your either watching the movie screen, or if you have a fun driver like we did, your playing games and doing Disney triva Q & A on the ride..it really gets the Disney magic going as soon as you leave the Airport..:thumbsup:

ps...we were the 1st stop SSR...others took longer depending on their resort.

SBETigg
06-13-2007, 05:34 PM
We went to the Poly, shared a bus with WL and Contemporary. The ride took us 57 minutes from airport to Poly-- we were the last drop-off. Also, we sat on the bus for about ten minutes before we left. And it took us about ten minutes from gate to bus-boarding. So I would count on an hour-two hours from landing to check-in.

moe513
06-13-2007, 05:37 PM
I would say the whole thing is about 50 min. Ive done it twice and we have only waited about 10 min. before the bus leaves the airport.

AllDisney
06-13-2007, 05:45 PM
I'd agree. It's about a 35 minute ride. However, be prepared that the Magical Express may have other guests staying a resort other than yours. This will add to the trip time.

One year we stayed on property, and, because they want to fill the bus up with other guests, we waited 45 minutes before our bus left the airport. I am not sure if the 45 minute wait is "normal", or happens frequently, but thought I'd share. The year after this happened we took a limo and were at the resort in 30 minutes.

We've used Magical Express since that time and not had the long wait we had experienced before.

Hope this helps!

Soul_Power
06-13-2007, 06:00 PM
I was just at WDW a few weeks ago and LOVED Magical Express. We stayed at Pop Century and our resort was the first stop. The ride only took about 25 minutes or so! It was great! :mickey:

KAJUNKING
06-13-2007, 06:00 PM
weve used me twice and weve had good experiences both times, about an hour from landing to the resort, good luck :thumbsup:

Trev&Ev Mom
06-13-2007, 06:49 PM
:thumbsup:
I agree, I really like the Magical Express. We've never had to wait more than 15 minutes to leave the airport and the ride goes by so fast because you are watching a video. SO much more convenient (and cheaper) than MEARS!

CleveRocks
06-13-2007, 07:57 PM
The average reported time from airplane exit to resort drop-off is 70 minutes (so this includes walking from your gate, riding the monorail, walking to the Disney Welcome Center, checking in there, geting into your bus queue, boarding the bus, etc.).

The policy is that once the first guest boards a bus, the bus must leave no more than 15 minutes from that time. Although it may happen on rare occasion, it is specifically NOT their policy to wait around for the bus to fill up.

Buses will hold guests from between 1 and 4 resorts.

The DME time is comparable to taking a car service or rental car. With DME, the time savings comes from being able to totally skip baggage claim.

snifflesmcg
06-13-2007, 08:42 PM
I've done DME once and it was one hour from landing to check in. It took another hour from check in to entering MGM. So, total of about 2 hours from landing to enjoying the magic.

Crow
06-13-2007, 09:37 PM
i just used it for the first time. the hardest part was finding where to check in on the bottom level.
once i did, the wait wasnt too long to board the bus. waited on the bus a little bit. about a dozen people. first stop Pop briefly then CSR.
so id say it was pretty good and hope its as good in Sept when im back. its def better than renting a car or taking a taxi and paying.

Pocahontas
06-13-2007, 10:04 PM
I love the magical express. It took us about one hour from plane landing to resort. Luggage came about 5 hours later.

big blue and hairy
06-14-2007, 07:05 AM
I was just at WDW a few weeks ago and LOVED Magical Express. We stayed at Pop Century and our resort was the first stop. The ride only took about 25 minutes or so! It was great! :mickey:

From the map of the route, I figured pop should be the first stop. Works for me, that's where we're staying at the beginning of the trip. We're leaving from the Grand Floridian.

amy711
06-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Where do you find the map for the route? I have been looking and have not been able to find it.

big blue and hairy
06-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Where do you find the map for the route? I have been looking and have not been able to find it.

Actually, I google mapped it from the airport to WDW, so it's not offical, I had forgotten how I did it...:blush:

wilshade
06-14-2007, 07:01 PM
After having driven the last two times I went to WDW, I will also be taking the Magical Express for the first time in November. So, this thread has answered the questions I was thinking of.

Great info!

CleveRocks
06-14-2007, 07:53 PM
From the map of the route, I figured pop should be the first stop. Works for me, that's where we're staying at the beginning of the trip. We're leaving from the Grand Floridian.

:sulley:What Sully means is that Pop Century is pretty much the closest WDW resort to MCO, and pretty much has to be passed by to get to other resorts. Therefore, people going to Pop tend to be the first dropped off.

However, this is not always the case -- it's up to the driver to decide the order of stops. Furthermore, there's no iron-clad pre-set grouping of resorts on a bus, and no pre-set routes. Also, buses will go to no more than 4 resorts, so it's not like everyone who takes DME will have to endure a stop at Pop first.

Maleficent's Dad
06-14-2007, 09:42 PM
I've taken ME a few times now and have been generally pleased with the service. Last fall, my brother and I flew in from NY with golf clubs and bags. We stayed at the BC. It took about an hour from the time we walked off the plane until we were actually in our room.

Best part of all - we went out to dinner after checking in. When we returned, bags and golf clubs were awaiting us in the room! Very good service considering the price! ;)

Since its inception, I do think DME has come a long way and worked out most of their earlier problems. :mickey:

My only complaint is the return trip to MCO. It's a 3+ hour advance (from flight time) departure from your resort. :unsure:

DisneyEpcotDad
06-17-2007, 07:08 PM
In an early May trip, from the counter until the bus arrived was 11 minutes. From the airport to the resort was about 45 minutes.:mickey: