PDA

View Full Version : does future world 7pm closing bother anyone else??

briguy
06-13-2007, 02:23 PM
It really annoys me that it closes at 7pm. You pay a lot of money for entrance to the whole park, yet 1/2 of it closes early. Now that Animal Kingdom is open some nights until 8pm, it is the earliest closure. I know why they do it (read $$$) but it still angers me. I am here on business and get to the parks around 6pm after work. I then have no time to do anything there. Plus I know they want to funnel everyone into ws for illuminations- but why? Some of the best nights I've spent at mgm were while everyone else was herding towards fantasmic. They don't close 1/2 of mgm early?

I love WDW but hate thiw policy. Anyone else?

EvilQueen2006
06-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Don't most of the attractions stay open anyway?

JohnnyJayhawk
06-13-2007, 02:29 PM
I know that Test Track and Mission Space stay open until the park closes.

larandtra
06-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Many of the attractions stay open past 7pm so to me it is not that big of a deal. We make a habit of hitting FW early and then using an evening for WS because it seems to be better ambience at WS after dark or in the evening.

January-2007
06-13-2007, 03:07 PM
One could say they don't like that World Showcase doesn't open until 11AM, too, for that matter, but what does it really matter in the end? Pretty much all the headliners in Future World remain open until park close, it's just the less popular stuff like Ellen's Energy Adventure and little things like that which get closed. Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin', I'm sure countless others, remain open. I don't see what the big deal is. :confused:

xipetotec
06-13-2007, 03:48 PM
It really annoys me that it closes at 7pm. You pay a lot of money for entrance to the whole park, yet 1/2 of it closes early. Now that Animal Kingdom is open some nights until 8pm, it is the earliest closure. I know why they do it (read $$$) but it still angers me. I am here on business and get to the parks around 6pm after work. I then have no time to do anything there. Plus I know they want to funnel everyone into ws for illuminations- but why? Some of the best nights I've spent at mgm were while everyone else was herding towards fantasmic. They don't close 1/2 of mgm early?

I love WDW but hate thiw policy. Anyone else?

Well all the "E-Ticket" rides stay open anyway. AND the gift shop... I don't find it a big loss. I think by that time, most people have moved onto World Showcase anyway ( Unless they're there to ride the rides, which are open )

Jared
06-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Since the attractions most guests want to experience remain open past 7 p.m., I have no problem with Future World closing early. If guests were riding the Universe of Energy or Living with the Land late at night, I'm sure those attractions would be operating.

After 7 p.m., most guests are either in World Showcase eating dinner or riding the big attractions like Test Track and Soarin'.

JPL
06-13-2007, 05:14 PM
It doesn't really bother me since the major attraction stay open until park close. If they shut it all down then it would start to bother me more.

I believe the list of open attraction are as follows

Soarin
Mission Space
Test Track
SSE
Not sure if it still is but the Seas w/Nemoe and Friends was also open until 9 last trip

As well as some of the shops and restaurants.

NewmanFamily6
06-13-2007, 05:26 PM
While we are on the subject.....
My DD 10 & DD 6 have never been to Epcot. I was going to take them in January. Do you all feel that they can see all the attractions in one day before 7 p.m. or should we do some and come back?

moe513
06-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Also,there is emh pm were epcot will stay open 3 hrs later.

LoriMistress
06-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Seriously...it's not a big deal to me. The attractions are still open. If it bothers you so much, then go to WDW during peak season and you can stay in the parks longer.

DisneyFreak23
06-13-2007, 06:10 PM
For me its not a bad deal, all the 'good' rides stay longer.

:mickey3:

:stitch:

Lizzie
06-13-2007, 06:14 PM
I didn't realize all those attractions still stayed open. Thats awesome. I am excited for our night at Epcot with extra magic hours.

Goes4FastPass
06-13-2007, 06:16 PM
As others have said, all the "E Ticket" rides and the large MouseGear (name?) store remain open.

Besides, at night, World Showcase is the place to be. Illuminations gets better every time I see it.

We also very much enjoy World Showcase during evening EMH. We have found Soarin' and TestTrack to be >>packed<< during evening EMH with no FastPasses.

On the other hand morning EMH is a great time to "knock off" 3 headliners with this approach:
Arrive at 8am - no whining - get up and go.
1. Ride Soarin'
2. Cross Future World to TestTrack. If it's getting close to 9am (main opening) get a FastPass for TestTrack and ride Mission Space then it should be your FastPass return time.
3. Have breakfast.
3. Exit TT and ride Mission Space -

Marilyn Michetti
06-13-2007, 07:16 PM
I guess it would bother me if I didn't get there until 6:00, but there's still so much to do.

What bothers me more is AK closing at 5:00. That's just not enough time to see/do it all.:(

CaptSmee
06-13-2007, 07:23 PM
It doesn't really bother me since the major attraction stay open until park close. If they shut it all down then it would start to bother me more.

I believe the list of open attraction are as follows

Soarin
Mission Space
Test Track
SSE
Not sure if it still is but the Seas w/Nemoe and Friends was also open until 9 last trip

As well as some of the shops and restaurants.

We were there last week and practically everything except Ellen's Energy Adventure was open until 9 pm in Future World. Made no sense to me to advertise it as a 7 pm closing.

ccchild
06-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Like everyone else said, it doesn't bother me that much because the E-tickets stay open, but I see why the closing in theory would be annoying. You are paying for a full day.

Instead, I wonder why Disney promotes it as "FW closes at 7:00," when so many rides are actually open. Wouldn't it be better press if they instead said FW stays open until closing, except for these select rides?

rnin02
06-13-2007, 10:21 PM
I thought AK closed at 5pm mainly because of the need to take care of the animals? And yes, FW closes early (Kinda) but WS opens late...so it balances out.

Carol
06-14-2007, 06:58 AM
It doesn't bother me either. I'm either in World Showcase OR the rides I want to do are open.

You can find a complete listing of what remains open via the info central tab up above.

Walt Disney World Park Hours (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/parkhours.asp)

Special Hours
The following have different operating hours than the Park.

Leave a Legacy - 9:00AM-9:00PM
Mission: SPACE - 9:00AM-9:00PM
Soarin' - 9:00AM-9:00PM
Spaceship Earth - 9:00AM-9:00PM
Test Track - 9:00AM-9:00PM
Electric Umbrella - 9:00AM-9:00PM
Coral Reef closes at 8:00PM
Garden Grill closes at 7:50PM
Sunshine Seasons - 11:00AM-9:00PM
Sunshine Seasons Bakery opens at 9:00AM

BMan62
06-14-2007, 07:45 AM
With FW closing at 7pm, what is the procedure for going to Illuminations or WS if you are not already in the park? Must you come in from International Gateway? It would seem to be a contradiction to close FW yet let people in the gates at that end of the park just to go to Illuminations/WS.

We have always planned to be in the park prior to FW closing to make sure we have plenty of time to make sure we are not shut out.

Carol
06-14-2007, 08:50 AM
With FW closing at 7pm, what is the procedure for going to Illuminations or WS if you are not already in the park? It works no differently for entrance. You go through the standard turnstiles. Everything is still accessible (walkways etc.) just a few of the attractions are not running. There are no barriers or anything preventing folks from walking around.

mainemajor
06-14-2007, 08:57 PM
:
While we are on the subject.....
My DD 10 & DD 6 have never been to Epcot. I was going to take them in January. Do you all feel that they can see all the attractions in one day before 7 p.m. or should we do some and come back?

You will have plenty of time to see all of FW before 7. I have never been bothered by the hours and do not really notice them. There is so much to do in World showcase, too. In January the crowds should not be that bad either.:figment:

thejens
06-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Wow, despite all my hyper planning, I didn't realize so much of Future World stayed open late either! I feel like I could spend days at Epcot before I could do everything. This is because I have young children and our pace is slower and challenged by Innovations! So much cool stuff for little kids in there! (for me, not so much) We spent 2 partial days there on our last trip and missed lots. We just visit the part that is open, but I sure would have headed for Soarin if I had known it was still open!