PDA

View Full Version : Yachtsman or Ca Grill

llamaface
06-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Which one?? I'm a steak lover and my husband is a seafood lover. We've never been to either restaurant and would like to add one of these to our ADR's. Bestow your knowledge upon me........:mickey:

Tinkerfreak
06-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Well I have never been to CA Grill but I do have an adr there for our next trip. I have been to Yachtsmans and was a big fan until our last trip. My filet was tough and so was whatever DH got. Maybe the chef was just having a bad night but we did not leave there vowing to return next trip. We did try LeCellier in April and it was the best steak I have ever had. The filet was fork tender and so was DH's sirloin. Our next trip we are skipping Yachstmans and doing LeCellier and CA Grill.

robvarwhite
06-13-2007, 02:35 PM
First let me preface by saying I am yet to eat at Yachtsman Steakhouse. It is definitely on my short list of where to eat next trip and I love the Yacht Club resort.

However, I love the California Grill and think it is one of the best places I have ever eaten. The ambience is amazing as you can go on the balcony to watch the fireworks show from Magic Kingdom. The view in the entire restaurant is amazing as it is so high and with big windows.

Also to note, the best steak I have ever eaten I got from the California Grill so you and your husband will both be very satisfied with this choice.

Bruegge
06-13-2007, 03:24 PM
While not having dined at Yachtsman It's hard for me not to pick the Cali Grill. It has soooo much going for it.... View, sushi, flatbreads, steak, seafood, wine (they offer a taste if you can't decide between vitners) desserts... It is real hard NOT to be happy with this place.

Dnephew and DBIL went to yachtsman and loved it. But for my $$ it's Narcoosee's or CG as my top spot for dining in Disney

At least after my last trip..

Scott

KAT1811
06-13-2007, 03:31 PM
I haven't personally eaten at either restaurant but we are planning on eating at California Grill on our next trip. I've heard wonderful reviews on CG and how it is by far one of the best eateries in WDW. On the other hand I have not heard much on the Yachtsman. I'd do CG just for the view and try Yachtsman on your next trip but that's just my opinion.

faline
06-13-2007, 03:56 PM
I've dined at California Grill several times and at Yachtsman's once. The steaks I had at each were delectable!

However, I'd have to give an edge to the views at California Grill!

JPL
06-13-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm a big fan of Yachtsman but also a big steak eater and love a good steak for dinner.

GrmGrninGost
06-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm a huge fan of the California Grill!:mickey:

While watching the fireworks at MK! It can't be beat!!:thumbsup: